The Hulk - Aug 13 - 17

Options

Comments

• orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Whoever had the idea to male fury a pve reward can choke. Pve is where the noobs roam. None of them need a fury.

Speaking as one of those noobs who roams PvE: Suck it.
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    The last time someone told me I 'didn't need covers' (only in general, speaking toward players with 2* rosters), I took home all of them (hood). I say 3* players don't need Fury covers. The bunch of ya are already far enough ahead, you don't need a bigger lead on winning the entire game. icon_e_wink.gif j/k of course. Best of luck to everyone with their goals.

I have serious doubts about doing well in subs for this. Takes too long to clear the nodes through, and too much damage from just one pass. Thus, not likely to be able to add big points in the last hour of the subs. Then with two going at once, seems like I should focus on the one I'm higher in instead of diluting both sub placements?
  • LavishDragoon
    LavishDragoon Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I play every PVE and try to place top 10/25 on each and a lot of my nodes in 3* land were in the 40s. Only the hulk nodes were super scaled to 280-300+. 2* Mags is godlike with LCap or Classic Storm. Stun Hulk and whittle him down. There's only like 6 nodes in each sub. Probably the lowest number in any sub I can think of. Any combination of the buffed heroes should do you well, buffed classic storms blue hits for 2500. Of course if you don't have the roster strength that's a different story. Punishers red lets you kill 300+ hulk at 6k health. icon_e_biggrin.gif Lots of good options.
  • Screw grinding this to try and get top 10 the conventional way, I've done this event every time since it began and I have no wish to do it yet again. Going to jump in late and hope to get lucky with bracket creation.
  • orionpeace wrote:
    Whoever had the idea to male fury a pve reward can choke. Pve is where the noobs roam. None of them need a fury.

PVE is at least sometimes fun. PVP is just miserable and tedious.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have serious doubts about doing well in subs for this. Takes too long to clear the nodes through, and too much damage from just one pass. Thus, not likely to be able to add big points in the last hour of the subs. Then with two going at once, seems like I should focus on the one I'm higher in instead of diluting both sub placements?

Depends it's very possible to get Top2 in both subs or at least Top10 but if you really want to maximize points in the main you'd want to swap back and forth between the 2 doing the highest value nodes. If you just want to get better rewards I find it's easier to win the 'Easy' subs.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tinykitty this PVE. After not having scaling carry over from events for the last several PVEs, suddenly we have massive scaling. My "Running" node for Canada began with a level 375 Hulk. Last PVE, I was forced to grind just to make the top 100 because I got sharded into a bracket that had been open for at least one prior sub and started me off 20k behind the bracket leaders. So now that's screwing me over in a PVE with rewards that I might actually want.

I'm so damn tired of the Devs changing the entire system with every PVE.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tinykitty this PVE. After not having scaling carry over from events for the last several PVEs, suddenly we have massive scaling. My "Running" node for Canada began with a level 375 Hulk. Last PVE, I was forced to grind just to make the top 100 because I got sharded into a bracket that had been open for at least one prior sub and started me off 20k behind the bracket leaders. So now that's screwing me over in a PVE with rewards that I might actually want.

I'm so damn tired of the Devs changing the entire system with every PVE.

This. My Running node started at 368, I run through it and barely clear it (cStorm was the only one left standing), and five minutes later it's 375. Now it's up to 380. I'm not going to be grinding 400 level Hulk nodes for points, that's for sure. Not even for Fury covers.
  • High level hulk is so easy though. Deny Green and Red and kill him with Punisher.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    MikeyMan wrote:
    High level hulk is so easy though. Deny Green and Red and kill him with Punisher.
    My Hulk is now 388 and has 26k health. Yes, he can be defeated with Punisher, but he still needs to take 16k damage before Punisher's red will take him down. And there is only so much denying green and red you can do, particularly when anger spawns green with any large damage amount and 14 red pretty much means instant-death for the target (6700 base damage plus 798 per red tile destroyed -- up to 10).

In any event, that is not the issue. The problem is that the game hasn't been carrying over scaling from event to event, so there has been no reason to manage scaling within events. I haven't really cared if the final nodes of an event get high because I can beat them -- and even then the high nodes in the last PVE did not cross 300, which is where my Hulk nodes in Canada are beginning. The problem is that, all of a sudden, I'm starting this event at crazy high levels, so what is that going to mean when we get further into the event. IIRC, we get Rags and Juggs in later nodes. Are they going to be at level 300+ too?
  • Unknown
    edited August 2014
    Options
    MikeyMan wrote:
    High level hulk is so easy though. Deny Green and Red and kill him with Punisher.
    My Hulk is now 388 and has 26k health. Yes, he can be defeated with Punisher, but he still needs to take 16k damage before Punisher's red will take him down. And there is only so much denying green and red you can do, particularly when anger spawns green with any large damage amount and 14 red pretty much means instant-death for the target (6700 base damage plus 798 per red tile destroyed -- up to 10).

In any event, that is not the issue. The problem is that the game hasn't been carrying over scaling from event to event, so there has been no reason to manage scaling within events. I haven't really cared if the final nodes of an event get high because I can beat them -- and even then the high nodes in the last PVE did not cross 300, which is where my Hulk nodes in Canada are beginning. The problem is that, all of a sudden, I'm starting this event at crazy high levels, so what is that going to mean when we get further into the event. IIRC, we get Rags and Juggs in later nodes. Are they going to be at level 300+ too?
    Mine is around the same as yours, but now it dropped to lvl 296 for some reason. icon_lol.gif

nvm wrong node, its at lvl 380. icon_redface.gif
  • MikeyMan wrote:

Hulk's level is sky high in this node because he is solo in the encounter, and therefore counts as all three opponents. Therefore, his level is tripled on this node.

So a level 390 hulk really means 390/3 = level 130 encounter.
  • They didn't carry scaling from last event. The 'hard' sub of The Hulk always had rather ridiculous levels on everything. All the goon only missions also start out at very high levels because they cannot move the board. In the case of the solo Hulk fight, keep in mind the game considers 1 guy at level 395 to be roughly the same as 3 guys at level 132, even if that makes no sense whatsoever. At least Hulk is one of the easier guys to fight when solo even with insane levels.
  • orionpeace wrote:

I wish I had a medal to give you.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Hulk Sighting: Canada, the Hulk node Running started at 360 for me. One pass later and I have reached the wonderful level 395 Hulk. Time to waste some teamups and hoard level 395 Smashes and Thunderous Claps.
  • IReallyHatePVP
    Options
    orionpeace wrote:

Everyone +1 orionpiece.

Everyone Not in a 20-player Alliance(which is where Nick came from, not the ficticious "Best MPQ Player Evar Awards") start pushing Psykopathic towards the Earth's core. Maybe some of his* misplaced Civility can be found down there.

*used his pronoun, but IReallyHatePVP makes no claim to know nor be aware of one Psykopathic's gender or gender preference.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IReallyHatePvE
  • El_Dude
    El_Dude Posts: 53
    Options
    The rewards say rank 1 or 2 and you get the previous rank's reward as well (P Fury). Then also, ranking 3-10 gets the previous rank's rewards (R/B Psylocke, 2500 ISO, 100 HP). So, if you finish 1st or 2nd, do you get Blue Fury + Purple Fury + Red and Blue Psylocke and 2500 ISO and 100 HP?
  • El_Dude
    El_Dude Posts: 53
    Options
    MikeyMan wrote:

Super easy. Also, classic storm is buffed in the event. Her blue will take 1/4 to 1/3 of his health and stun him for 4. Stun and beat on him. Lather rinse repeat with almost no damage to your team.
  • I feel like they did a good job with the powered up heroes. Spider-man, while normally not very useful, has been pretty decent with the stunning high level Hulk so that I don't get drowned in Angry Hulk tiles. And as someone already mentioned, Punisher can shorten the fight dramatically with Retribution. Overall, it's not as terrible as I thought it would be. icon_e_smile.gif