The Hulk - Aug 13 - 17

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would say never again, but the next time Fury's offered, I know I'll just grind it again. Didn't disrupt my sleep, but I hit an unhealthy amount of refreshes considering I'm a Steam user with a day job.

On the bright side, 15 Hulk Tokens + progression means my final haul was Fury, Psylocke x2, Hulk, Spidey, IW x2, She-Hulk, Daredevil, Torch3, Torch2 (which got me to max). Not to mention I pulled Rogers, Torch3, and another 3* from the onslaught of Standards during the event. Big boost to he ol' roster.
  • Congrats to the fellow late joiners in my bracket. It was still a grindfest, but only for 24 hours versus 4 days.
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Congrats to the fellow late joiners in my bracket. It was still a grindfest, but only for 24 hours versus 4 days.

I wouldn't say it was that much of a grind fest though. Or at least, it didn't have to be...
    I can't post the photo from iPad, but our #10 was over 7,000 points higher than #11. I'd be more bummed for you not getting the couple hundred points for the free Spidey cover (or ISO).

Considering I got #7 with just over 35,000 points I'm very happy with lucking in to the bracket we got. Rolled the dice and won.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, the schedule may have been **** but I can't argue with the sheer number of tokens that fell on me during this event. Spidey, IM40, two 3* Dakens within ten minutes of each other (one from a basic token), Hulk, Invisible Woman (for whatever that's worth), enough 2* Magnetos and Areses to build them optimally from scratch...
  • Wobby wrote:

I wouldn't say it was that much of a grind fest though. Or at least, it didn't have to be...
    I can't post the photo from iPad, but our #10 was over 7,000 points higher than #11. I'd be more bummed for you not getting the couple hundred points for the free Spidey cover (or ISO).

Considering I got #7 with just over 35,000 points I'm very happy with lucking in to the bracket we got. Rolled the dice and won.

Unfortunately, I had to grind more than I liked when I could play since real life wouldn't let me play optimally. Missed out on the spidey cover with ~33K points.
  • Wobby wrote:
    Congrats to the fellow late joiners in my bracket. It was still a grindfest, but only for 24 hours versus 4 days.

Thanks fluid_dance. Here's the picture of the bracket. I'm glad we didn't have to grind at the end.

Pk1j6Bm.png?2
  • I joined with 5 hours to go in the entire event. Got 4th place I think. Not bad for 2 clears and a half hour grind at end.
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So I hate all you late joiners. I wouldn't have been able to do that, but it sounds like the best way to go with this **** broken pve system. I will say it's gotten better tho. I played all 4 days, had fun with it too, but finished 11th!!! **** 11th!! Worst part is that during the whole event I was ranked 7th! So pissed I missed Fury. Why does this game hate me??? I did so well! Well, at least I finally got another black Psylocke cover. Now I just need two more to max her! Still pissed tho....hahaha
  • There were only about 2500 points per cycle on the last set of subs which had the highest base points. The #1 had a 6000 point lead over me and I had a 6000 point lead over #3, so we both could miss at least 2 cycles or so comfortably. The #1 was like 30K over #10 so that's enough to miss the last sub and still finish top 10. It was extra grindy because if you're in the top 10 you don't want to risk overlooking something and fall out of it, but looking at my bracket the placement for top 10 is pretty well settled and people in the #3-#8 range definitely could've played a lot less.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For 100% my bracket was one where you had to pretty much hit each node every 3-4 hours over the four days in order to comfortably rank top 10. The guys at #1 and #2 in my bracket were so far ahead I'm not sure they could have missed more than one or two optimal refreshes.
    I totally missed at least 4-5 optimal refreshes. And usually only did a double depletion before sleeping, rather than a triple, which resulted in at least 1, sometimes 2 lost refreshes
  • Tramtris wrote:
    Wobby wrote:

Thanks fluid_dance. Here's the picture of the bracket. I'm glad we didn't have to grind at the end.

Pk1j6Bm.png?2

congrats to qiwi for taking first in that bracket. Thorfinn and Siroto made late pushes and I was fortunate to hold onto top2. It was nice to have top10 secured but bouncing between #1 and 3 made me put in the extra effort. The pve turned out more as an experiment to see who got lucky enough to join at the right time and get a new bracket. Otherwise if you caught a bracket late, you were screwed bc some people had 1 whole refresh or sub on you.
  • qiwi-mpq
    qiwi-mpq Posts: 54
    Options
    Thanks EvilSonGoku, it was pretty fun as even though we had spots 1 and 2 wrapped up with 20-30 min to go, I decided to just keep going hard to see if I could outpace you. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Unnecessarily spent ISO for boosts to take down the lvl200+ juggs for points but whatever, it was fun.
  • qiwi-mpq wrote:
    Thanks EvilSonGoku, it was pretty fun as even though we had spots 1 and 2 wrapped up with 20-30 min to go, I decided to just keep going hard to see if I could outpace you. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Unnecessarily spent ISO for boosts to take down the lvl200+ juggs for points but whatever, it was fun.

with 5 min to go and #2 secured, I waved the white flag icon_e_smile.gif I knew you could keep going and i could not take another Juggs match as I had one node go up to lvl 260 I think.
  • congrats to qiwi for taking first in that bracket. Thorfinn and Siroto made late pushes and I was fortunate to hold onto top2. It was nice to have top10 secured but bouncing between #1 and 3 made me put in the extra effort. The pve turned out more as an experiment to see who got lucky enough to join at the right time and get a new bracket. Otherwise if you caught a bracket late, you were screwed bc some people had 1 whole refresh or sub on you.

Congrats to both of you. When I joined the bracket, one of you already had over 8,000 points and I thought I was screwed. Thankfully I was able to get myself into top 10.