The Hulk - Aug 13 - 17

Options

Comments

• dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    There's nothing clever about the Ragnarok + 2 green feeders that don't even have a green consuming abilities. Just try to put the biggest and cheapest combo you can before you get overwhelmed by taking a Godlike Power every turn. With the normal green feeders, there's a slim chance that the AI will use the goon's ability so you can get lucky. Deadly Shot takes 0 AP to fire, so no such luck is even possible. I don't think I'm touching that node on the subsequent clears unless I'm sitting on 5 health packs after all the other nodes are done.

On another note, I find that Spiderman is useful in taking Headbutts. You say character that regen are better at withstanding damage? Sure, but I actually need Daken to stay alive whereas I sure don't need Spiderman alive except for the nodes he's required.

I've cleared the node twice so far with little damage with Patch Wolverine / 2 Star Thor / 1 Star Storm. Patch tanks every color except black and a TBTI will just about 1 shot rag. My node the guys are lvl135, a single deadly shot will kill Patch. First clear a CD tile was going to go off so Storm took a bullet, second time Storm cleared the tile with Lightning Strike - if she missed she was gonna have to eat it again.
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    Stormneto n spidey or punpun are pretty nice at this level. Very few nodes are giving me trouble, and if they do, next time they get cleared they get a 3 p/b boost. The B-team is A.wolvie, spidey and punisher, since they are buffed. Doing the rags nodes with those seem to take forever and they get the **** beat out of them. Stormneto barely breaks a sweat when boosted, as spidey's protect tiles really help, so I'm glad I picked up all those covers from the last event(s)

I feel bad for the players with maxed out rosters missing out on Fury covers because of how the PVE is designed/ being run. That truly stinks.

I started grinding this one out figuring I had a chance at snagging some more psyduck. I mean, at this point, you never know how covers will fall, so if she could be my first max'd (eventually months down the road), better than nothing. I was able to hit timers optimally on the first two subs of the event, and finished top 10 in both, which surprised me. I cranked out as many passes in the next set of subs before bed as I could, picked it up the next day, and so on. Some subs I only managed top 300 (the 1.5 hour ones from reaching the progress goal... happened to be up running the pve anyway). What surprises me most about all this is that I'm sitting at #1 in my main with ~5.5k lead. I guess overall consistency? Cause it seems odd since I'm only finishing subs in top10 about 50%... Really having fun with the event so far too, so I guess that helps. I can see how people can get burned out on this though. Its a lot of effort and many stressful nodes for some imaginary rewards. heh
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Subs are so small, that they have next to no bearing on how well you're doing in the main. I've only gotten top 10 maybe twice, and I've been maintaining a good lead on #3 this whole event
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is it really that difficult of a node? I didn't notice.
  • There's a large variance in the difficulty of the Ragnarok nodes because Godlike Power can range from harmless to devastating but when he's getting one every turn after around turn 5 and somewhere around turn 10 he's going to do a Thunderclap every turn, it's just a matter of time before something really bad happens.
  • Spoit wrote:
    Subs are so small, that they have next to no bearing on how well you're doing in the main. I've only gotten top 10 maybe twice, and I've been maintaining a good lead on #3 this whole event

The easy sub pretty much doesn't matter in your overall standing since most of the points are concentrated in the hard sub, but if those top 10s aren't the hard sub then you must have an extremely easy main bracket. I got 62K points right now at #2 and I don't think I ever got anywhere close to top 10 on the easy subs, but the hard subs you definitely need to do well in them.
  • I have no idea how someone got over 70k. Insane.
  • MikeyMan wrote:
    I have no idea how someone got over 70k. Insane.
    Hit nodes every 2.5 hours. Blitz sub ends. Don't sleep. Mystery solved. icon_razz.gif
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    Been doing passes at everything, as nothing has been scaled up to 'deadly' as of yet in the event for me. I must be in an easier main bracket too then, which explains why 63k has me well in first. Only 1 maxed roster in the top 10. Explains a lot... I knew I wasn't that good. icon_e_smile.gif
  • MikeyMan wrote:
    I have no idea how someone got over 70k. Insane.

Given the length of this event I think you'd have to have two people switch off to play because it's been on long enough that it would be unhealthy to not sleep for so long.
  • Spoit
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Spoit wrote:

The easy sub pretty much doesn't matter in your overall standing since most of the points are concentrated in the hard sub, but if those top 10s aren't the hard sub then you must have an extremely easy main bracket. I got 62K points right now at #2 and I don't think I ever got anywhere close to top 10 on the easy subs, but the hard subs you definitely need to do well in them.
    I have 59k right now, but I didn't hop into a bracket until an hour before the end of the last subs, so with the super weak rubberbanding I probably lost a good 10k points from the first day. And yeah, I've not been bothering with the easy sub other than a single run through every refresh, heck sometimes I've not even gotten the event token from it a few times.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    There's a large variance in the difficulty of the Ragnarok nodes because Godlike Power can range from harmless to devastating but when he's getting one every turn after around turn 5 and somewhere around turn 10 he's going to do a Thunderclap every turn, it's just a matter of time before something really bad happens.
    Yeah, I saw that but he's the only thing on that node that is even remotely doing anything. With my Spidey, I can reduce the Thunderclap to less than 100 damage and that is quite a miniscule number on Hulks large health. Falcon also makes the goons nonexistent with 4 Blue because he will always recover before the next tile reachs 0. It's really the easiest node on the map in my opinion.
  • Spoit
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    There's a large variance in the difficulty of the Ragnarok nodes because Godlike Power can range from harmless to devastating but when he's getting one every turn after around turn 5 and somewhere around turn 10 he's going to do a Thunderclap every turn, it's just a matter of time before something really bad happens.
    Yeah, I saw that but he's the only thing on that node that is even remotely doing anything. With my Spidey, I can reduce the Thunderclap to less than 100 damage and that is quite a miniscule number on Hulks large health. Falcon also makes the goons nonexistent with 4 Blue because he will always recover before the next tile reachs 0. It's really the easiest node on the map in my opinion.
    With all the cascades, it's hard to keep any special tiles on the board (except for laken strikes). And putting falcon out front twice is just asking for a bad cascade to wipe him
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    With all the cascades, it's hard to keep any special tiles on the board (except for laken strikes). And putting falcon out front twice is just asking for a bad cascade to wipe him

Why would Falcon be out front twice? Shouldn't Spidey tank Blue for him?
  • Spoit
    Options
    FierceKiwi wrote:
    Spoit wrote:

Oh I guess I was thinking of a different composition
  • OnesOwnGrief
    Options
    FierceKiwi wrote:
    Spoit wrote:

At an even level, he should be tanking every color in front of Falcon. Purple is the main color for damage mitigation and once you have Spidey's tiles out. You can use the gain purple to flood the field for overkill. Spidey will tank Yellow for inspiration as well.
  • FierceKiwi
    Options
    At an even level, he should be tanking every color in front of Falcon. Purple is the main color for damage mitigation and once you have Spidey's tiles out. You can use the gain purple to flood the field for overkill. Spidey will tank Yellow for inspiration as well.

I guess the only thing is isn't it painfully slow?
  • OnesOwnGrief
    Options
    I give up. Screw this BBC code nonsense.
    FierceKiwi wrote:

It's PvE, why would speed matter when you aren't being retaliated and you will be using those characters again? Spidey and Falcon are the only ones needed to trivialize the node so you can insert any heavy hitter in the 3rd slot.
  • FierceKiwi
    Options
    I give up. Screw this BBC code nonsense.
    FierceKiwi wrote:

It's PvE, why would speed matter when you aren't being retaliated and you will be using those characters again? Spidey and Falcon are the only ones needed to trivialize the node so you can insert any heavy hitter in the 3rd slot.

Speed only really matters in the last hour or so when you're trying to get points quick...I guess I'm just impatient.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    Options
    FierceKiwi wrote:
    Speed only really matters in the last hour or so when you're trying to get points quick...I guess I'm just impatient.
    Speed is usually the most risky as well and will lead to more health packs used normally. Efficiency should be the end goal which will lead to faster games in itself and lower risks.