The Hulk - Aug 13 - 17

Options

Comments

• DuckyV wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    And now there's a Juggernaut + 2 green feeder node...
    At least they didn't give him 2 media analysts. ><
    This event was cruising along without too many of these trolling goon feeder nodes, and now the last few subs have turned it up a notch. At least there's nothing like the ultimate troll node, Juggs/Venom/Analyst. Or is there... icon_e_confused.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, that hard sub is just hateful. Ate all of my healthpacks
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Yeah, that hard sub is just hateful. Ate all of my healthpacks
    Haven't even tried it yet and I probably won't until the last hour - got my blue Spidey cover doing the easy sub so now I'm cruising.
  • Came close to being defeated on Nevada 2: 2 Green AP generators meant jugs got a free unstoppable crash every turn.
    Do they always get 3 Onslaught team-ups on that node?
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =301769628
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    And they cut one side mission from each area and made the last story mission for each Punisher-only, so that's great. Even less points for those of us who don't have him!

Oy.
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Went to sleep in 5th.
    Woke up in 8th.
    Now back in 5th.

Great bracket, I really lucked out when I joined. No stressful 3+ days of grinding! got to mail in a good score in the last two pvps and dink around in simulator.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Wow, played through Nevada, even with Magneto + Spider-Man throwing in protect tiles, they still being drained about 50% health. Another kicker the reward I received was Critical Tile boost & recruit token (gimme iso's!). The final node was surprisingly easy.
  • I've put up a 13,000 point lead on #2 in my bracket. This lets me concentrate on webslinger tonight. Gotta finish Shulkie for the sake of completion.

She and Daredevil can hang out with Loki in the parking lot.
  • El_Dude
    El_Dude Posts: 53
    Options
    Wobby wrote:
    Went to sleep in 5th.
    Woke up in 8th.
    Now back in 5th.

Great bracket, I really lucked out when I joined. No stressful 3+ days of grinding! got to mail in a good score in the last two pvps and dink around in simulator.

I'm very envious. I'm 21,000 up on someone else in my alliance. He's in 1st. I'm bobbing around between 8-11. Feel like I've been playing this event 24 hours a day. Made too many mistakes.
  • El_Dude wrote:
    Wobby wrote:
    Went to sleep in 5th.
    Woke up in 8th.
    Now back in 5th.

I'm very envious. I'm 21,000 up on someone else in my alliance. He's in 1st. I'm bobbing around between 8-11. Feel like I've been playing this event 24 hours a day. Made too many mistakes.

Yes very much the luck of the draw what type of main you get.

Anyhow the final nodes have opened up in the main.

Edit mumble mumble tiny kitty supernova ... I see way more than I should by just chance!
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This event has been super nostalgic for me: been using exclusively punisher cmags hood (or punisher cmags spidey when required) to wreck all the nodes: jugg nodes got nothing on infinite magnetic fields and a boosted punisher.

Also picked up a 1k lead after the end of the last sub, and i have a pretty open day today so i should be in the clear for 2 fury covers, woot. Looks like scalphunter and rukawa missed a full clear of the last sub and were grinding away at this sub overnight so im only a little bit abead of them after a clear of this sub, but in theory i should pull ahead since i have no plans for today: yay for 2 fury covers doing only 1.5 days of work!
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Myumz is the highest ranked that I can see in the top 10 alliances and I've got a 6000 point lead on him. 10k lead on third, think I can take the night off and not worry about rubber banding for the final hour.
  • DuckyV wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    And now there's a Juggernaut + 2 green feeder node...

At least they didn't give him 2 media analysts. ><

Well, the problem with Snipers is that you can't ever get lucky on them. Unskilled Pistol is 4 red AP, so what could happen is there's a decent chance Unskilled Pistol gets used first since they'd always hit 4 red AP without getting to 6 if you were able to always deny red. The chances aren't good but it can happen. With Snipers, Deadly Shot is 0 so there's no possibility of Unstoppable Crash won't be used at least twice every 3 turns so you can't even get lucky there.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sumilea wrote:
    Are these final nodes just playable once?
    And if it's the case, should I wait so that their point value increase?
    At the moment, their amount of points is very low for me (the difficulty too though)
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yes they are closed after you play them once. Going to sit on the rest, can see me finishing 1k or so short of Spidey but I'm not getting up in the middle of the night for him!
  • DrNitroman wrote:
    Sumilea wrote:
    Are these final nodes just playable once?
    And if it's the case, should I wait so that their point value increase?
    At the moment, their amount of points is very low for me (the difficulty too though)

They playable once with no rubber banding like all the other previous nodes on this main map.
  • So joined my bracket. First one has 30k already and there is no rubberbanding. Doing all the main nodes gives like 2k.

Now I must ask, is this a joke?

RB or no I am fine with either. But not communicating how the scoring is going to work and then putting newcomers into impossible brackets is **** of the highest magnitude. If you don't join the Event during the first couple hours there is no way of predicting where you will end up. I imagine plenty of people who joined a day late were also put in brackets where the first had a 10k or more lead. There is no way to make up for that since the subs are separate. And I surely wasn't going to join on day 1 and grind those 12 hour subs. Screw that noise.

I'm not angry with you Demiurge, I am just dissappointed.
  • PPPlaya wrote:
    So joined my bracket. First one has 30k already and there is no rubberbanding. Doing all the main nodes gives like 2k.

RB or no I am fine with either. But not communicating how the scoring is going to work and then putting newcomers into impossible brackets is tinykitty of the highest magnitude. If you don't join the Event during the first couple hours there is no way of predicting where you will end up. I imagine plenty of people who joined a day late were also put in brackets where the first had a 10k or more lead. There is no way to make up for that since the subs are separate.

Joining an event late is supposed to be a risk.
  • Phantron wrote:
    PPPlaya wrote:
    So joined my bracket. First one has 30k already and there is no rubberbanding. Doing all the main nodes gives like 2k.

RB or no I am fine with either. But not communicating how the scoring is going to work and then putting newcomers into impossible brackets is tinykitty of the highest magnitude. If you don't join the Event during the first couple hours there is no way of predicting where you will end up. I imagine plenty of people who joined a day late were also put in brackets where the first had a 10k or more lead. There is no way to make up for that since the subs are separate.

Joining an event late is supposed to be a risk.

Susbtitute "late" with "not on time". I couldn't have joined the Event when it started because I was sleeping. So if I joined it after I woke up I would possibly be several thousand behind and be put into late subs. Late subs give out a lot less points. That would already put me out of Fury reach for good. This is exactly why brackets exist in the first place. You can't expect all people from all timezones to join on time. Being 5k behind is fine, missing Fury is no big deal. But as It stands even Psylocke is a longshot.
    In summary I didn't know I was such a big risk taker and the popular girls in Highschool shunned me for no reason icon_cry.gif
  • Adventfire
    Adventfire Posts: 76 Match Maker
    edited August 2014
    Options
    This is the dumbest PvE ever! I don't get to finish the storyline if I don't have the right covers? I know I'm not anywhere close to getting Fury covers but to not be able to finish the storyline is just plain stupid. Whoever set that one up needs to be fired because that makes them look bad. It makes the game look very unfriendly to newbies. Essential nodes I understand but to not be able to tinykitty finish the story! (oh by the way, I'm angry)

EDIT: I am a n00b and I apologize. I didn't realize there were more "last min" main nodes to finish the story. Turns out I am the idiot. I am sorry.