The Hulk - Aug 13 - 17

Options

Comments

• SirGeeky
    SirGeeky Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Can't say I'm feeling this Event. Don't like the short missions. Not enough time to get healed after fighting the Hulk.
  • I think I'm enjoying this less than any PVE so far, even less than the two Thick as Thieves disaster runs. Since top ten is probably impossible anyway, I guess there's literally nothing at stake for me beyond ISO and tokens (and maybe hp), but this is just absolutely no fun.
  • I'm not a fan of this format at all.

Dual rolling subs every 11.5 hours is just too much work to be considered fun.

Thumbs down.
  • This event is turning into a pure grindfest. With the relatively short time on subs and the standard weak rubberbanding it's turning into one of those 'would be difficult to win even if you had an instant win hack' deal if you started out in the last 4 or so hours compared to someone who started immediately. Right now you can just think of the event as having no rubberband, and the 2H 24M refresh schedule makes it impossible to keep up with no rubberbanding.
  • After long time I think I will finally take a break from PvE. Don't have even the tiniest wish to grind to death for NF reward, one cover won't make him useful to me, and neither 95% of population in this game. Also those really short side brackets is just annoying. So I will do few nodes here and there when I remember it but not going to invest a lot of time into it.
  • I guess I don't see the complaints. Everybody is missing lots of nodes and subs for sleep, so those playing lots while awake are staying near the top and the rest of us can't rubberband to glory. 10 out of 1000 is pretty **** odds, so I had no expectations going in, but this event seems fair and is more timezone neutral than most PvE.
  • Adventfire
    Adventfire Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    papa07 wrote:
    I guess I don't see the complaints. Everybody is missing lots of nodes and subs for sleep, so those playing lots while awake are staying near the top and the rest of us can't rubberband to glory. 10 out of 1000 is pretty tinykitty odds, so I had no expectations going in, but this event seems fair and is more timezone neutral than most PvE.

I started at the very beginning read to grind through but for some reason I'm only getting like 50-60 points per node and other people who started at the same time are 1k or more above me? Not that I ever make the top 10 but at this rate I can't even break the top 500.

To clarify: I'm talking about in the 12hr sub nodes.
  • Is it me or does the pve say burnout all over it?
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    c101nguyen wrote:
    Is it me or does the pve say burnout all over it?
    Well, considering that I was waiting for the fury release so I could finally retire again....
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Adventfire wrote:
    papa07 wrote:
    I guess I don't see the complaints. Everybody is missing lots of nodes and subs for sleep, so those playing lots while awake are staying near the top and the rest of us can't rubberband to glory. 10 out of 1000 is pretty tinykitty odds, so I had no expectations going in, but this event seems fair and is more timezone neutral than most PvE.

I started at the very beginning read to grind through but for some reason I'm only getting like 50-60 points per node and other people who started at the same time are 1k or more above me? Not that I ever make the top 10 but at this rate I can't even break the top 500.

To clarify: I'm talking about in the 12hr sub nodes.

Are you waiting for them to fully recharge?
  • Amazeballs
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I think I'm enjoying this less than any PVE so far, even less than the two Thick as Thieves disaster runs. Since top ten is probably impossible anyway, I guess there's literally nothing at stake for me beyond ISO and tokens (and maybe hp), but this is just absolutely no fun.

Totally echoing this sentiment. I don't mind PVEs, but this is just a grindfest. I was thinking about the drop rates for this event as well, and I don't know if it's worth getting top 50.

I was right outside the top 10 after the first sub and dropped to top 30 after finishing the second, so any hope of a Fury trophy is basically gone. At least the top 3 in my main are maxed rosters from known alliances, though it is mildly annoying when I see 1* rosters rounding out the top 10.

The length of solo Hulk matches weren't bad, but when you throw Ares and others in the mix it becomes cumbersome. Especially when the AI throws an Onslaught TU... plus however many TUs it feels like using. (I think my record of TUs used against me so far is 5.)

I will, once again, proclaim my love for CMags (even if mine is soft capped at 117). He's been the last man standing out of many fights and overpowered or not, he rocks my socks.
  • I'm not a fan of this format at all.

Thumbs down.

This.

Hulk is meant to be a six-day event, or longer, because of the sheer number of subs involved. Grinding through it this fast is decidely not fun, though it is profitable from an ISO perspective.
  • Adventfire
    Adventfire Posts: 76 Match Maker
    edited August 2014
    Options
    papa07 wrote:
    Are you waiting for them to fully recharge?

Recharge? that was on my first run through but yes even after a full recharge it didn't get much higher, maybe 5 points or so. I think I've had 1 node that broke a 100 and then just barely and I don't have the covers for essential nodes. It seems that unless you are in a really good alliance or have been playing for a long time (or are a whale) this PvE event is not geared for newer players.
  • This event is all about bracketing. With weak RB due to short subs, if you get lumped with people who got points from the previous subs, you're pretty much screwed, even if you hit every refresh non-stop from when you enter.

I got lucky enough to hit a fresh bracket, and the only forumite I recognize so far is Malcoran so we'll have to weather the deluge of 2* teams to take it home. Maybe with all the grinding required we'll come out on top at the end due to scaling. Here's to hoping!

Post script: If this were a 9 day event like the other Hulks, I wouldn't even have bothered. Glad to at least see the overall runtime of PvEs decreasing. With all the other tweaks making things frustrating, that's one thing they've been getting right.
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Teke184 wrote:
    I'm not a fan of this format at all.

Thumbs down.

This.

Hulk is meant to be a six-day event, or longer, because of the sheer number of subs involved. Grinding through it this fast is decidely not fun, though it is profitable from an ISO perspective.

Yeah, this is pretty insane doing two subs this often! I really hope this is the last of the Dark Reign story. I would really like a new story. I find them fun. I am doing well however, ending up in about 5-7th place after each dual sub ends. And yeah, I'm one of the few who would love to have at least one Fury cover! This is my only chance to get one! Well until I get lucky in a token pull, which as of lately, I doubt I'll get one anytime soon! But so far, glad I'm in the top 10!
  • This event reeks of devs burnout.. Laziness written all over it.. Was expecting nick fury to be rewarded near the end of dark reign storyline along with iron patriot..

For thr sake of my sanity, I think of this as a psylocke reward PVE.. Much easier on the poor mind as I only need one blue cover icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • With the timing of these subs, there's just no incentive to put any effort into this. I"m not going to get anything out of it. There are subs going by that I literally don't have time to do a single full clear on because of the schedule. This is just a complete waste of an event.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This event is all about bracketing. With weak RB due to short subs, if you get lumped with people who got points from the previous subs, you're pretty much screwed, even if you hit every refresh non-stop from when you enter.

I got lucky enough to hit a fresh bracket, and the only forumite I recognize so far is Malcoran so we'll have to weather the deluge of 2* teams to take it home. Maybe with all the grinding required we'll come out on top at the end due to scaling. Here's to hoping!

Post script: If this were a 9 day event like the other Hulks, I wouldn't even have bothered. Glad to at least see the overall runtime of PvEs decreasing. With all the other tweaks making things frustrating, that's one thing they've been getting right.

Shorter PvEs are one thing trying to compress a rather hectic 9 days into 4.5 is another completely insane thing.
  • FierceKiwi wrote:

Shorter PvEs are one thing trying to compress a rather hectic 9 days into 4.5 is another completely insane thing.

Totally agree. 12 hr subs are insane. Miss one and you're behind for good.

Unless they add main RB at the end, which would be a giant FU to people who are grinding subs to gain a lead, and it seems like they've been moving away from that in general.
  • Joker117
    Joker117 Posts: 124
    Options
    Are they going to release a free hulk if we hit the score again ? I didn't see any characters last pve besides what you earned by placement and alliance .