The Hulk - Aug 13 - 17

Options

Comments

• Joker117 wrote:
    Are they going to release a free hulk if we hit the score again ? I didn't see any characters last pve besides what you earned by placement and alliance .
    I doubt it. I imagine it'll be like Thick as Theives in which will unlock more nodes in the main node for more pts.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MikeyMan wrote:
    Joker117 wrote:
    Are they going to release a free hulk if we hit the score again ? I didn't see any characters last pve besides what you earned by placement and alliance .
    I doubt it. I imagine it'll be like Thick as Theives in which will unlock more nodes in the main node for more pts.
    Why would you doubt something that has happened every time we have hit the mark this event? The only two events that gave covers were the Hulk and Sentry PvEs. Thick As Thieves is not the same event.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MikeyMan wrote:
    Joker117 wrote:
    Why would you doubt something that has happened every time we have hit the mark this event? The only two events that gave covers were the Hulk and Sentry PvEs. Thick As Thieves is not the same event.

One would like to think that the wording of the opening game screen was loose enough that there indeed could (will) be a Fury cover. Hopefully.
  • MikeyMan wrote:
    Joker117 wrote:
    Oh you're right I forgot.
  • You know....

The constant randomly-occurring World Ruptures, Supernovas, Onslaughts, and Photon Blasts EVERY SINGLE MATCH is getting to be extremely annoying.

I swear, I can hear the game quietly saying...

"Hey, Listen!"

"I know your about to win this match, but don't forget to leave without your parting gift of 2000 AoE damage!"

"We're still best friends, right?"
  • Also, everyone does know that the way this event is designed, that once the progress bar fills up, there will be that awkward crossover transition from finding Hulk to finding the gamma bomb pieces...

In other words... FOUR subs in a 12 hour window.

Doesn't that sound like fun!
  • Lyrian wrote:
    You know....

The constant randomly-occurring World Ruptures, Supernovas, Onslaughts, and Photon Blasts EVERY SINGLE MATCH is getting to be extremely annoying.

I swear, I can hear the game quietly saying...

"Hey, Listen!"

"I know your about to win this match, but don't forget to leave without your parting gift of 2000 AoE damage!"

"We're still best friends, right?"

I really hate it when you finished all the villians in a villian + goon combo and then you see 'Supernova' because the AI decided to stop saving up for Murderous Aim and I forgot that goons can use team up abilities.
  • Amazeballs
    Amazeballs Posts: 57
    edited August 2014
    Options
    FierceKiwi wrote:

Shorter PvEs are one thing trying to compress a rather hectic 9 days into 4.5 is another completely insane thing.

This x10. By the way, I C U FierceKiwi at the top of our main. How are you sustaining it?! I ended up dropping to top 20-30ish after missing a refresh cycle.... (edited) for sleep.
  • It's just a really bad idea to have events where going to sleep can adversely impact your overall standing. Of course right now in the top 10 it's more like going to lunch can adversely affect your ability to place top 10.

This event would've been much better if we just have half the events. It's not like anyone really pays attention to the story and it's ambigious enough that I'm sure you can mix and match any 2 random 'look for Hulk' or 'gamma bomb' out of 4 and it wouldn't look out of place at all.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Amazeballs wrote:
    This x10. By the way, I C U FierceKiwi at the top of our main. How are you sustaining it?! I ended up dropping to top 20-30ish after missing a refresh cycle.... (edited) for sleep.

I've always been pretty good at PvE...having a fairly flexible schedule let's me hit nodes pretty close to optimally (I missed a few refreshes this morning for sleep but it looks like the rest of the bracket missed more). I'll probably plummet over the weekend though since I'll have trouble getting in much Saturday playtime.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So... it was bad enough that NF is such a limited deal... couldn't they have offered up better secondary rewards? Especially when Psylocke and Johnny are being used in the same event? I mean, if you need those covers, you don't get them until after the event's over. Why not offer up some of the more recent characters instead? At least for the 3* instead of Psylocke. I guess Johnny is new, but still...
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Since the event is running half as long as usual, does that mean that the server outage at the end will be half as long too?
  • MojoWild wrote:
    Since the event is running half as long as usual, does that mean that the server outage at the end will be half as long too?
    Nah. Twice as long. Stupid **** always uses the inverse of anything that could be a possitive to form the most horrible outcome possible. icon_razz.gif
  • The bloodsucking thingy is back if you want to play both pve & pvp... if only you know what I mean... If the next pve same as this... damn... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    BozKoh wrote:
    The bloodsucking thingy is back if you want to play both pve & pvp... if only you know what I mean... If the next pve same as this... damn... icon_rolleyes.gif
    The real reason they made it IW for the season prize!
  • Getting real sick of the unpredictable functions of team up - specifically world rupture.

Sometimes, downing the character that used it gets rid of the tiles, sometimes it doesnt. Sometimes stun pauses the countdown, sometimes it doesn't. Feels like I've blown a TON of healthpacks for no reason on this nonsense.
  • saurus wrote:
    Getting real sick of the unpredictable functions of team up - specifically world rupture.

Sometimes, downing the character that used it gets rid of the tiles, sometimes it doesnt. Sometimes stun pauses the countdown, sometimes it doesn't. Feels like I've blown a TON of healthpacks for no reason on this nonsense.

I do not mine world rupture its not to bad. But twice in a row Supernova has turn a match from a stroll in the park to OMG what happened as my whole team loses half their life. I did have Storm one time so that back fired big time on the AI.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is it just me, or does the 'hard' sub this time only have 1 essential?
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think that devs made this Hult event so short by intention.
    We need to play hard, we need to play A LOT.
    Lots and lots of health lost.
    MEANTIME, we need to fight in GSBW PVP, then spider-man PVP and MEANTIME we need to fight in PVP Simulator, I suppose many of us need to take atleast 1000 points from it.
    And - one important question. With SO MANY events draining our hitpoints and necessity of playing - do we HAVE to buy HEALHPACKS?
    Yes, I see THAT intention from developers... Am I wrong? Presumably not...
  • Phillipes wrote:
    I think that devs made this Hult event so short by intention.
    We need to play hard, we need to play A LOT.
    Lots and lots of health lost.
    MEANTIME, we need to fight in GSBW PVP, then spider-man PVP and MEANTIME we need to fight in PVP Simulator, I suppose many of us need to take atleast 1000 points from it.
    And - one important question. With SO MANY events draining our hitpoints and necessity of playing - do we HAVE to buy HEALHPACKS?
    Yes, I see THAT intention from developers... Am I wrong? Presumably not...
    If you want to have it all, yes, you do.

But most people know whether they have a snowballs chance at Fury. Those who do will put the pvp events on a backburner. Those who know top ten isnt likely (due to work or desire for sleep) can get a pretty easy psylocke, as well as an easier than usual pvp since it wont be focused on.