2AP abilities should be nerfed

Options

Comments

• Bugpop wrote:
    This thread is getting a bit hot tempered.

With boosts I can down a maxed Ragnarok at full hp in 2 to 4 turns with three different lineups, none having Ragnarok, one lineup *needs* Spider Man. These are my favored lineups. I'm sure others others have lethal lineups more effective than mine when boosts are used.

Rag really isnt a problem for high level players, its the mid level players stuck with 85 thors and storms that want him gone. At high levels Rags is just a convenience not a necessity.
  • Make his red end the turn. Problem solved.
  • I think he would be balanced if thunderclap didnt produce green.
  • Misguided wrote:
    Make his red end the turn. Problem solved.

...you're kidding right?
  • Rag is inconvenient to me. I don't enjoy the spam attack
  • I find the animation spam to be much more annoying than the affects of the abilities. I'd rather his minimum cost was 6, but dealing triple damage and generating triple tiles.

Mind you, that would just bring into sharp focus how crazy the tile generation of the ability is...
  • Saeviomage wrote:
    I find the animation spam to be much more annoying than the affects of the abilities. I'd rather his minimum cost was 6, but dealing triple damage and generating triple tiles.

Mind you, that would just bring into sharp focus how crazy the tile generation of the ability is...

And almost 1900 damage when fully leveled.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Misguided wrote:

...you're kidding right?

Well, it WOULD solve the problem.
  • Misguided wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    Misguided wrote:

...you're kidding right?

Well, it WOULD solve the problem.

and create a new problem: people dumping 200k isos and whatever HPs into a virtual paperweight
  • Bugpop wrote:
    This thread is getting a bit hot tempered.

With boosts I can down a maxed Ragnarok at full hp in 2 to 4 turns with three different lineups, none having Ragnarok, one lineup *needs* Spider Man. These are my favored lineups. I'm sure others others have lethal lineups more effective than mine when boosts are used.

Doesn't seem hot tempered to me..except maybe a little jab a few blurbs down.

I can beat teams 50 lvls above mine consistently with boosts...boosts make comparisons somewhat moot as the hp difference is easily compensated for free ap to start a match. Just saying.

While i don't personally care what they do, as I'll deal with it either way, there is clearly a sentiment that there is a problem with him. As a company it is in their best interest to cater to whomever is spending or will be spending money (meaning they are not catering to me anyway, another reason I don't care lol). If there are enough ppl either 1. Too scared to spend on rag in case he gets nerfed or 2. Refusing to spend more money because no matter what they do they feel they cannot compete or 3. People are putting money into rag and then cruising without another dime spent... then they should come out and say something one way or the other about it imo. If they are not, it means their plate is either full with other stuff or, more likely, they know the sentiment is out there and are deciding what and when to do it. Coincidence there were tons of storms coming out when she got nerfed? Probably not. Hey, maybe ragnarok will be given a 3rd skill and a red Nerf on the same day.

Personally, my only real issue with rag, and to some extent its not just him, is the games are shorter than I think they should be. It's not puzzle quest as much as power quest right now. Characters like magneto being the most enjoyable as they can do good damage but also have thoughtful moves like his blue. His blue is a puzzle based move. His purple at least makes you think about when to use it. Power moves like Thor/rag moves are fine, its just unfortunate imo when those are the bread and butter for a puzzle game and not the puzzles themselves.

Also, nerfing and balance isn't based on how easy it is to beat the machine. The machine doesn't even use rag correctly...the only reason he is so good is due to magic cascades and his health. It's based on cost analysis for the characters. Do I put ISO into imo 40 or rag? Do I bother buying hp to lvl up spidey if I already have a maxed rag? Do I win every tournement because I win matches too quickly and nobody wants to attack me? Am I able to "play beyond my means" with this character? If they decide to change him, it will be for the better of the majority and the game and their pocket...not because the machine can be beaten by a diff max lvl team or a team with boosts or because somebody with a Thor storm team is having too hard a time against a max rag they shouldn't be able to compete easily against anyway.

A correction to how brackets or the point system function would do as much to changing negative sentiment about rag imo as any nerf could...as dumdum said...the ppl really pushing for rags gone don't have maxed 3*** characters (probably 95% of the game population at minimum) and are therefore being placed against ppl they probably shouldn't be facing without a steep difficulty climb anyway.

Also...I think playing in lightning rounds with rag has given ppl a sour taste in their mouths. Since, of recent, its basically been the PvP for the game (I started 4 weeks ago) it means ppl see rag as a 12k+ monster they are trying to beat with their Thor storm wolverine and not the 7k normal variety. Dropping villain buffs outside of their round (should have never been the case in the first place imo) would also go a long way in changing anti rag sentiment.

Side info: did anybody know rag music is a type of music and means "to color the mind"
    So every time you hear the thunderclap animation (I usually play vol off) color your mind colored.
  • I don't think he's overpowered. I think he is the most boring character. If any changes are necessary it's making him more fun. That would involve a versatile ability.
  • Bugpop wrote:
    I don't think he's overpowered. I think he is the most boring character. If any changes are necessary it's making him more fun. That would involve a versatile ability.

his moveset suits his comic persona quite well. Straight ahead, no personality icon_e_smile.gif
  • Bugpop wrote:
    I don't think he's overpowered. I think he is the most boring character. If any changes are necessary it's making him more fun. That would involve a versatile ability.

I think he would greatly benefit from his red dropping green tile swap to 2 per a use and giving him an ability (black maybe? But don't change his attack stats) that did something at least mildly interesting. Maybe for x black you can select up to 2 tiles on the board to destroy. Something like that. Something..puzzly.
  • I haven't read all of the posts of this topic, but I have read enough to get a little annoyed about the nerf on 2 ap moves. The two strong AP moves (Spiderman/Ragnarok) come from 3* players. They are elite characters in this game, which is why they are highly sought after. Just because everyone can't get them immediately, or get them leveled high immediately, doesn't mean that they should automatically nerfed. It is simply part of the game.

I can understand the complaints ONLY during lightning rounds for Rag, but that doesn't qualify for an auto nerf for the entire game. What happens once this nerf ever did go into place? Soon you'd find another character that dominates (Purple Magneto) and you'll beg to have him nerfed because he can one shot kill anyone. It's part of the game. Deal with it.
  • Bugpop wrote:

I think he would greatly benefit from his red dropping green tile swap to 2 per a use and giving him an ability (black maybe? But don't change his attack stats) that did something at least mildly interesting. Maybe for x black you can select up to 2 tiles on the board to destroy. Something like that. Something..puzzly.

Consider what you could do with such a move. Two sounds pretty powerful.
  • Bugpop wrote:
    Bugpop wrote:

Consider what you could do with such a move. Two sounds pretty powerful.

I wasn't putting a lot.of thought into it lol. Depends on how it was implemented. 2 simultaneously would be pretty strong, but a slow 1 at a time destroy like how I'M40 recharge wouldn't be that bad. Just make sure the ap cost is high enough and it would barely see use anyway. 18 black, first 3 lvls drop the ap by 1. 4th makes it go from 1 to 2 selections. 5th let's you place on any tile. Doesn't sound bad at all. Could probably be even lower black honestly. Regardless..something with a tad more thought but still plays to his characters utter brutishness.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I haven't read all of the posts of this topic, but I have read enough to get a little annoyed about the nerf on 2 ap moves. The two strong AP moves (Spiderman/Ragnarok) come from 3* players. They are elite characters in this game, which is why they are highly sought after. Just because everyone can't get them immediately, or get them leveled high immediately, doesn't mean that they should automatically nerfed. It is simply part of the game.

I can understand the complaints ONLY during lightning rounds for Rag, but that doesn't qualify for an auto nerf for the entire game. What happens once this nerf ever did go into place? Soon you'd find another character that dominates (Purple Magneto) and you'll beg to have him nerfed because he can one shot kill anyone. It's part of the game. Deal with it.

Every character should be balanced respectively at equal levels, and the goal should be to find synergy between team matches. In other words, characters at equal levels shouldn't be outright better, they should just be different. The game should not be 3 or 4 star = win, where is the strategy in that? If 3 stars like Ragnarok are nerfed to be in balance with game play, they would still be sought after because of their level cap. Are you going to invest in a character that tops out at level 85, or a character that tops out at 100+? If it weren't for weekly events, investing in 1 or 2 star characters would almost be a complete waste of ISO.

Others say that Ragnarok is needed for profits for the company. That is absolutely wrong.I guarantee there are players that have dumped a LOT into this game and will continue to. Like I said, 3 and 4 stars will always be a good investment, meaning anyone who spent money will still be ahead of other players. Fixing Rag will only balance the game and bring back competitive ingenuity when creating teams.
  • When will people realize Ragnarok is not significantly better than Magneto or Spider-man. He's just more braindead.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    When will people realize Ragnarok is not significantly better than Magneto or Spider-man. He's just more braindead.

Everybody talks about Ragnarok because they've seen him. Everybody has the chance to fight him not only in the prologue but also in iso-8, Hunt, etc. When Magneto becomes more popular, you'll hear plenty of complaints about him too.
  • Dauthi wrote:
    I haven't read all of the posts of this topic, but I have read enough to get a little annoyed about the nerf on 2 ap moves. The two strong AP moves (Spiderman/Ragnarok) come from 3* players. They are elite characters in this game, which is why they are highly sought after. Just because everyone can't get them immediately, or get them leveled high immediately, doesn't mean that they should automatically nerfed. It is simply part of the game.

Every character should be balanced respectively at equal levels, and the goal should be to find synergy between team matches. In other words, characters at equal levels shouldn't be outright better, they should just be different. The game should not be 3 or 4 star = win, where is the strategy in that? If 3 stars like Ragnarok are nerfed to be in balance with game play, they would still be sought after because of their level cap. Are you going to invest in a character that tops out at level 85, or a character that tops out at 100+? If it weren't for weekly events, investing in 1 or 2 star characters would almost be a complete waste of ISO.

Others say that Ragnarok is needed for profits for the company. That is absolutely wrong.I guarantee there are players that have dumped a LOT into this game and will continue to. Like I said, 3 and 4 stars will always be a good investment, meaning anyone who spent money will still be ahead of other players. Fixing Rag will only balance the game and bring back competitive ingenuity when creating teams.

Well right now the 4 star characters are pretty weak IMO. Loki is a weak 3 star and the Hood has gotten better. Other than that Rag has a killer move with Thunderclap, all three of Spidey's moves are killer now that Spider - sense creates protect tiles, Magneto has an attack that potentially does over 10k in damage when he's maxed out for only 10 AP, Doom's Demons can repeatedly do over 1000 each turn if you can't remove them, and BW Grey can annihilate a team at 19 AP which is easy with her other move and the help of 1 or 2 Thunderclaps. It all seems pretty even to me. People just use Rag most often and it's annoying people who don't have him at that caliber. Well then use another strategy and beat him with those other characters. At what point will we need to stop nerf in players so everyone is happy? Everyone complains that Rag dominates, well be happy that his cap is 115 instead of 141. That itself can be a nerf since he only has 2 moves and is only strong with two colors.

They're 3 stars, they're all good, end of story.