2AP abilities should be nerfed

Options

Comments

• morphy wrote:
    Shamusyeah wrote:
    How bout make it so that each character can only use each ability once per turn.

That wouldn't upset anyone...

Sarcasm ftw

Honestly though it would be interesting and the game would require more strategy. But honestly I'm fine with the way the game currently stands. PvP is a striking game were as PvE can require strategy (having to deal with high health, dangerous opponents)

That's my other opinion. Let's keep 2AP, but then let's have more characters with 2AP attack abilities to mix it up a little. Otherwise this going is get stale in a few months. They have introduced so many new characters but I'm sticking to Rag as my front man.
    Rag + favorite green character anyway. He's not very good on his own.
  • Ranzera wrote:
    He's not very good on his own.
    That's the thing, he still is. He wins most 1v1 matchups in this game.
  • abuelo wrote:
    The 'people paid real money' is a bit thin in my opinion. Money is a conversion for time and they have been rewarded by having very powerful characters and placing higher in tournaments.

Game balance should come before any other concern, otherwise what is the point?

Yeah, that is pretty much exactly spot on, because if their was no balance, then the people who paid would be the only ones winning. We need to focus on the game to let everyone have the chance of being on an even playing field, not where the ones who paid to have an overpowered character come out on top every single time.
  • morphy wrote:
    Shamusyeah wrote:
    How bout make it so that each character can only use each ability once per turn.

That wouldn't upset anyone...

Sarcasm ftw

Honestly though it would be interesting and the game would require more strategy. But honestly I'm fine with the way the game currently stands. PvP is a striking game were as PvE can require strategy (having to deal with high health, dangerous opponents)

That's my other opinion. Let's keep 2AP, but then let's have more characters with 2AP attack abilities to mix it up a little. Otherwise this going is get stale in a few months. They have introduced so many new characters but I'm sticking to Rag as my front man.

That would take away any strategy that this game has left whatsoever without any overpowered characters. The attacker who brings in boosts at the beginning of the match would easily win, since he'll be able to use his attacks 3 times if the powers cost 2 AP.
  • Ranzera wrote:

I like Thor, spidey, classic mags, even dr. doom 1v1 vs rags. Maybe even astonishing wolv
  • Ranzera wrote:
    Only if he is human controlled. His cheap abilities are handicapped by the ai. Though the ai has a weird thing about always getting miracle level cascades.
  • Ranzera wrote:

What 1v1 matchups? I can think of several characters I'd take to such a matchup rather than Rags.... Spidey is probably top of the list. I don't care what character you use if you're perma stunned. Heck, even BW can pull that off w/ some luck on the blue matches.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    Ranzera wrote:

What 1v1 matchups? I can think of several characters I'd take to such a matchup rather than Rags.... Spidey is probably top of the list. I don't care what character you use if you're perma stunned. Heck, even BW can pull that off w/ some luck on the blue matches.
    Grey suit would turn that red back in his face too, as would c storm.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Ranzera wrote:

I like Thor, spidey, classic mags, even dr. doom 1v1 vs rags. Maybe even astonishing wolv
    Pound for pound, Rags has more health and damage than Thor. But Thor puts up a good fight for a 2-star.

Spidey beats everyone 1v1 w/ stunlock, but it takes a while to take whittle 7k health with auto-attack. One bad cascade and Godlike Power clearing out web/protect tiles can ruin his day, if there are no initial blues.

Mags, decent matchup. Translocation will be harder to set-up when Rags turns everything green.

Doom, not even close. Rags matches red attack tiles and clears them with Godlike Power. 12 AP is long to set-up. If equal footing, Rags would have done near 4k damage with Thunderclaps, with multiple Godlikes stored up to clear the board when Summon Demons go off.

Wolvie is a beast with regen health, and they both compete for the exact same colours. As fast as Wolvie gets up strike tiles, Rags can just as quickly clear them out. Rags still has advantage, needing only 12 AP to kill him. 12 red from Wolvie is only a quarter of Rag's life.
    Zathrus wrote:
    Ranzera wrote:
    Grey suit would turn that red back in his face too, as would c storm.
    c.Storm and Widow? Seriously?

c.Storm dies in less than 8 AP.

Widow does 3.5k damage for 19 AP? Okay.
  • Someone doesn't know the difference between ai controlled and human controlled. Ai only uses each color once per turn.

I certainly hope you aren't trying to argue defense because I was under the assumption no one here was stupid enough to think there was such a thing as defense.
  • Ranzera wrote:
    Someone doesn't know the difference between ai controlled and human controlled. Ai only uses each color once per turn.

I certainly hope you aren't trying to argue defense because I was under the assumption no one here was stupid enough to think there was such a thing as defense.
    Being the strongest/most favourable matchups != unbeatable.

Widow and c.Storm are both well known for being complete **** on D.

Human vs Human, Human vs AI, or AI vs Human, Rags vs c.Storm, Rags is the best option in all 3. A human c.Storm being capable of beating AI Rags does not change this fact.
  • Nothing is unbeatable. Defense does not matter. Your argument isn't getting any better.

Widow is well suited to take out enemy rags, particularly if you have someone with a strong green. Ai rag showers you with green ap and her purple makes it even easier.

C storm tends to do well with a lot of green ap too.
  • Ranzera wrote:
    Nothing is unbeatable. Defense does not matter. Your argument isn't getting any better.

Widow is well suited to take out enemy rags, particularly if you have someone with a strong green. Ai rag showers you with green ap and her purple makes it even easier.

But Rags is still better. That's all I'm saying.

You are seriously saying that c.Storm is better than Rags? Even w/ the nerf?
  • Ranzera wrote:
    Nothing is unbeatable. Defense does not matter. Your argument isn't getting any better.

But Rags is still better. That's the whole point.

You are seriously saying that c.Storm is better than Rags? Even w/ the nerf?
    No and she shouldn't be. That's what the rarity rating suggests. He would however be more closely in line with other 3 stars though.
  • Ranzera wrote:
    He would however be more closely in line with other 3 stars though.
    Yes, it is close. I wasn't trying to argue that he was broken or ridiculously OP, just the strongest. Spidey and Mags are the two I can see who are arguably as good, IMO. And coincidentally with the thread title, they both happen to have 2 AP abilities (even though no one runs lvl5 red Mags build).
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As much as people complain about Rag, once they get that first red cover, they are usually ecstatic. Not only that but, many of them have and will spend money to level him up.

For just $50 I can get him from 6AP to 2AP! Ha. I'm patient, I have other characters.
  • Just want to put in my 2 cents for not nerfing Spidey's 2AP stun. It may seem OP, but it extends the length of matches, so in a PvP setting stunlocking is actually costing you points, and I've lost my top rating several times due to not being able to finish matches fast enough at the end of a tourney. I roll with Spidey as a main because I haven't drawn a single Rag since I began playing, and I love the slow deliberate playstyle, but there's no need to nerf it.

When heals took longer to regen this might have been a valid complaint, as Spidey's heal keeps you from dipping into your health pack stash for a final push, which would mean more matches, but now if you're crunching for the last 90-120 minutes, you'll have a good 8-9 packs to work with even without a Spidey on your team.

Spidey might be my favorite character to play with, and he's fantastic for PvE too, but he's not at all OP in tourneys. Especially mine since I maxed out yellow before purple got awesome.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    People are worried that others who have invested in Ragnarok will have their investment depreciate with a nerf to him. Some are even comparing him to Thor if the nerf is too hard. However the higher star magazine will virtually always be a better investment because of the increased level cap.

A good game balances all it's characters evenly. A game that is going for a money grab deliberately makes characters that are win cards. A star system that gives a better investment to rare cards based on higher level caps reinforces a system that is good, while Ragnarok completely undermines the system.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    As much as people complain about Rag, once they get that first red cover, they are usually ecstatic. Not only that but, many of them have and will spend money to level him up.

For just $50 I can get him from 6AP to 2AP! Ha. I'm patient, I have other characters.

You might be but, everyone is not. I've seen A LOT of players with VERY high level teams, multiple maxed out Rags, Spideys and other 3* and 2* characters. I've been playing since day 1 and don't see how this is possible unless you made some sort of investment into the game. (For the record, I've played almost constantly.) Heck, I had almost 37,000 ISO saved up and spent most of it and was only able to get Rag to level 110 and it's asking for over 2000 ISO for the next level.

You might be patient but, I don't believe you're naive. I believe some of these completely max level teams had to be invested in with real currency. (Note, I said *some*.)

Since this is a game that is F2P but, will fail if it doesn't make money (since that is one of the main objectives), something would be amiss if they didn't have people that were willing to dish out bucks for what they were offering for sale. icon_e_smile.gif
  • It's true rag is a money maker for the devs but that's necessary. I also think the Pve aspect needs to be thought about also though. A nerf to rag also means a nerf to your best weapon against those 230's.