*** The Punisher (Dark Reign) ***

Comments

• Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Can we just make his green targetable? Why would the Punisher fire his rocket launcher randomly into the board.
  • Linkster79 wrote:
    Some indicator as to what percentage the enemies health is at would be nice too. Maths is not my strong suite and I often cast Retribution seemingly too soon.

As a rule of thumb, I always use retribution at this point.

retribution_zpsolyxt6kg.png?t=1437049537

Hasn't failed me yet.

Apologies about the crappily designed cross, did it in microsoft paint in about 2 minutes.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,325 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nivrax wrote:
    Do you really 'want' him to destroy bigger part of a board? On a character that is based on putting on Strike tiles and long lasting cd tiles? That fix would end up being a nerf of an already subpar hero. Just make Judgment target able already.

So much this. Hell, if being targettable is too much (don't see how in such a comparatively weak hero, but whatevs), remove the board destruction altogether. I know that I'd rather miss those 300 or so damage and the minimal board shake than keep destroying Punisher's own special tiles.
  • Can we just make his green targetable? Why would the Punisher fire his rocket launcher randomly into the board.
    FOR VENGEANCE
  • Jasonzakibe
    Jasonzakibe Posts: 89 Match Maker
    This is why I advocate the pac man effect. Powers should just go to the other side of the board.
  • Deadpooool wrote:
    Linkster79 wrote:
    Some indicator as to what percentage the enemies health is at would be nice too. Maths is not my strong suite and I often cast Retribution seemingly too soon.

As a rule of thumb, I always use retribution at this point.

retribution_zpsolyxt6kg.png?t=1437049537

Hasn't failed me yet.

Apologies about the crappily designed cross, did it in microsoft paint in about 2 minutes.

Nifty buuuuuuuut .... we don't get those on Steam.

Then it's time to switch over to mobile. icon_e_wink.gif
  • whenever the red life bar goes down below the horizontal bars of that cross thats it you are into the 30% if that makes sense.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Hello,

A quick fix is going into the game in a small patch today. Here's word from Demiurge:

"The Punisher's Judgement ability destroys a 3x3 group of tiles. Previously, it was possible for this ability to target tiles on the border of the game map resulting in less than a full 3x3 group of tiles being destroyed. This has been corrected and should always destroy a 3x3 group of tiles."

Thank you!
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2015
    Sooooooo...Phaser has super powers?? At least this one is for good and not evil. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2015
    Hmm... so maybe that guy DOES have magical powers. He seems to be more powerful than Jamie! Changing TWO characters in a two week span.

As a sidenote. Attempted by accident to add a +1 to Phaser, when it said "you can't give reputation points to banned users" - is the Hood / Hydra in on this conspiracy?
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    icon_eek.gif Oh shi........

This was the second character that Phaser asked to be fixed. Is Ragnarok next?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2015
    This is a joke right? How many players have complained about MNMag's red CD being placed in the corner NOT destroying a 3x3 or 5x5 as described!
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    icon_cool.gif For how many time Frank has been missing the target!? Kind an odd fix but hey thanks!
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Not sure if this would be considered a buff since, statistically, now you have a greater chance of wiping out your own attack tiles created by a previous activation of Judgment.

Just make the destroyed block of tiles targetable pls.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    I would of liked it to be targetable with a shadow of what would be destroyed when you are triggering it. Like aiming to destroy a bridge to have the rubble fall onto an enemy.
  • Sullstar
    Sullstar Posts: 74 Match Maker
    This is a joke right? How many players have complained about MNMag's red CD being placed in the corner NOT destroying a 3x3 or 5x5 as described!

Can you at least make Punisher's green like Beast's green so it does not destroy Friendly Tiles? The purpose of Punisher is to launch strikes and attack tiles but they are constantly destroyed by his own ability.

More importantly, how about buffing Punisher! I am almost embarrassed to have my game name be a character who is considered a very weak 3*

Even though he's weak overall, he can be one of the most valuable in certain situations imo. His red at 5 covers is a life-saver in some of the gauntlet events and especially vs Ultron
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Making it targetable would mean either nerfing the strike tiles to hell or jumping the AP cost way up. Targeted tile destruction that affects enemy special tiles is way too useful for an 8 AP power that also does other good things.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Making it targetable would mean either nerfing the strike tiles to hell or jumping the AP cost way up. Targeted tile destruction that affects enemy special tiles is way too useful for an 8 AP power that also does other good things.

You mean Hex Bolt, that destroys enemy tiles and gains AP?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Random tiles (and with the smallest return on investment of any AP-generating ability). Targetable Judgment would be like Sniper Rifle, guaranteed to blow up whatever you're aiming at, which I think we can all agree is a cut above Hex Bolt.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Random tiles (and with the smallest return on investment of any AP-generating ability). Targetable Judgment would be like Sniper Rifle, guaranteed to blow up whatever you're aiming at, which I think we can all agree is a cut above Hex Bolt.

But also costs twice as much. Regardless I think we can all agree that Punisher's Green should at least be coded like Beasts so it does not destroy Friendly Tiles.