*** The Punisher (Dark Reign) ***

Options

Comments

• CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm considering 3/5/5 for mine. Molotov Cocktail's attack tiles take too long to spawn and don't really do that much damage, so they rely on buffs from his Judgement strike tiles. I'd rather have the extra 10% on the Retribution insta-KO threshold.
  • Unknown
    Options
    If you're fighting enemies with high HP and taking in Punisher, 5 red is a must. The extra 10% is an extra 1k finishing damage on a 10k hp opponent. I find when I'm using Punisher, I'm using him mostly for black/red so have him 5/3/5. However, I could see specing him 3/5/5 if you're using him for red/green; I've been using other heroes to fill that hole though, eg She-Hulk or Torch.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sorry, I wasn't too clear: I get the appeal of 5 red, I'm just wondering if it's worth re-speccing my max Pun to 4/5/4 (from 5/5/3) until I find one more red cover, since I'm not sure how usable he'd be while he's transitioning at 4/5/4.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sorry, I wasn't too clear: I get the appeal of 5 red, I'm just wondering if it's worth re-speccing my max Pun to 4/5/4 (from 5/5/3) until I find one more red cover, since I'm not sure how usable he'd be while he's transitioning at 4/5/4.

I don't expect much out of his black so the difference between 2 and 3 turn CD tile seems minimal to me. 5 red is really nice but the extra base damage going to 4 helps too, a lot of times I end up double or triple tapping a target to down him.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He was my MVP for the Ultron Boss fights - 8,000 damage for 8 red AP (assuming of course it's the killing shot) has to be one of the best AP-to-damage ratios in the game.
  • jjfyahpowah
    jjfyahpowah Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options
    Punisher is a great character but needs a few tweaks to bring him up to par with newer characters..

Molotov as is, but..
    Level 4: Increases Attack tile damage to 24 and reduces Countdown to 2
    Level 5: Reduces Countdown to 1.

Judgement has to be made TARGETABLE.
    What's the point in setting up the board only to blow up everything you've successfully staged?

and..

Level 4: Increases Strike tile strength to 38 and creates 3 Strike tiles
    Level 5: Creates 4 Strike tiles.

In the words of a great man.. 'Make it so!
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    just making Judgement target-able alone would be a huge improvement. I have having to cross my fingers and hope he doesn't blow up my own specials.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Targetable judgement would be an excellent buff if they're looking to rebalance to bring Punisher back up a notch.

Also, another request, could we have some indicator if an opponent is below 30 or 40% when you have his skill menu up on Retribution? Maybe draw something on the enemy heath bar like a punisher skull if the skill will auto-down them. Hate pausing the fight to go get a calculator.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    its time to bring his molotov back to what it used to be with its 1 turn CD tile and maybe even bring back the 113 max damage on the attack tile, the bar for this kinda stuff was really raised now that we have a character like iron fist running around with a strength 486 attack tile for free that will never really go away

Being able to place where judgement is going to fire is a huge utility boost, adding another strike tile may make them raise the cost from 8 to 9 because we'd be getting 488 in damage which is like hell yeah plus more utility but personally I would take the cost increase for such a boost.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well since I am the pariah of the fourms I thought I'd try to help Pun out

Judgement says destroys 3x3 square yet routinely destroys less than that because it goes off the edge. Yet xforce was fixed to not do this. Can we please have punisher's judgement bug fixed so it destroys a 3x3 area?

He needs some other love but this skill not matching description always bothered me
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Some indicator as to what percentage the enemies health is at would be nice too. Maths is not my strong suite and I often cast Retribution seemingly too soon.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:

Judgement says destroys 3x3 square yet routinely destroys less than that because it goes off the edge. Yet xforce was fixed to not do this. Can we please have punisher's judgement bug fixed so it destroys a 3x3 area?

He needs some other love but this skill not matching description always bothered me

I've asked this question in a number of monthly Q&A threads with no response. Hopefully you fare a little better.
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:

I've asked this question in a number of monthly Q&A threads with no response. Hopefully you fare a little better.

Have you not heard of his magical powers? I hear his mojo is stronger than even Jamie's and Prof X's power's combined!
  • Huatimus
    Huatimus Posts: 115
    Options
    His alleged magical power currently only has 1 record of nerfing a character so far. If these suggested improvements do not go through, it will conclusively prove that PhaserHex Bolt only nerfs and never buffs. icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Retribution is easy to measure at 30%.
    I am not sure how to explain, let me try.

The life bar looks like a cross. Pay attention, whenever the red life bar goes down below the horizontal bars of that cross thats it you are into the 30% if that makes sense.
    Try it a few times, 30% is spot on mark with the cross like life bar.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Do you really 'want' him to destroy bigger part of a board? On a character that is based on putting on Strike tiles and long lasting cd tiles? That fix would end up being a nerf of an already subpar hero. Just make Judgment target able already.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Linkster79 wrote:
    Some indicator as to what percentage the enemies health is at would be nice too. Maths is not my strong suite and I often cast Retribution seemingly too soon.

There is an indicator for 25%, which is when a lifebar starts pulsing. It's very useful for I Am Groot. Not so useful for Retribution, since you really want to use it ASAP.
  • dkffiv
    Options
    Retribution is easy to measure at 30%.
    I am not sure how to explain, let me try.

The life bar looks like a cross. Pay attention, whenever the red life bar goes down below the horizontal bars of that cross thats it you are into the 30% if that makes sense.
    Try it a few times, 30% is spot on mark with the cross like life bar.

40% is when they have a sliver over the cross, you get used to judging it. Also get good at math. Take their max health, divide by 10 (shift the decimal place over by 1) then multiply by 4.
  • d0nk3y
    d0nk3y Posts: 213
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:

Forget fixing the effect of the power... can we get some modifications to that ridiculous rocket launcher firing animation? I understand engaging the enemy with small arms, but why is Frank Castle engaging ground personnel with some crack-whacky mix of an AT-4 and a WH40K missile launcher? M203 grenade launcher, sure... not an anti-vehicle weapon.

But you know, if you wanna buff the power while leaving the animation intact... that's a fair trade. Just make the center of the effect targetable and we'll call it good.
  • dkffiv
    Options
    d0nk3y wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

Forget fixing the effect of the power... can we get some modifications to that ridiculous rocket launcher firing animation? I understand engaging the enemy with small arms, but why is Frank Castle engaging ground personnel with some crack-whacky mix of an AT-4 and a WH40K missile launcher? M203 grenade launcher, sure... not an anti-vehicle weapon.

But you know, if you wanna buff the power while leaving the animation intact... that's a fair trade.

For Molotov Cocktail I like to imagine that Frank is a drunk and is throwing empty beer bottles