Options

Comments

• Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Scarlet Witch
    Scarlet Witch. She can only destory non-friendly tiles. Charged tiles are not friendly nor non-friendly, they are board neutral since everyone can benefit from them, there she can't destroy them. I personally don't like it, but well it does match with description.

Actually, she does destroy charged tiles just fine, at least the ones created by rags.. those charged greens are easily hit by hex bolt and basically instantly recharges it.

BTW, welcome back.

Thanks, and really? I have tried that combo and have never, and I'm not kidding never gotten one of Rags green's to blow up, I'll have to keep trying then, because that would obviously be another possible bug that should get fixed And by fixed I mean I think she should be able to destroy all charged tiles, maybe not select them, but because they are netural they are not friendly, and the skill does say destorys all non-friendly. I personally feel that blowing up charged tiles would just make sense, but oh well. And just realized they reason I can't get it to work is because I'm 5/3/5 derp.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    Welcome back Phaser. A week in detention flew by so fast! LOL icon_lol.gif

I haven't had a chance to try punpun green ability yet, but it's certainly a welcome fix.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, once I got unbanned I first sent fight4thedream a PM and apologized for causing him grief, but I did not apologize for what I posted or defending myself. I wish a red would have stepped in or said something instead of letting me take the fall, but apparently I have developed bug fixing super powers so I'll attempt to use them for good.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Yeah, once I got unbanned I first sent fight4thedream a PM and apologized for causing him grief, but I did not apologize for what I posted or defending myself. I wish a red would have stepped in or said something instead of letting me take the fall, but apparently I have developed bug fixing super powers so I'll attempt to use them for good.
    bad things happen to good people: http://money.cnn.com/2015/06/03/news/co ... free-food/
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A half hour, and still no last-scene-of-The-Breakfast-Club meme...
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No! You're making an already weak character worse!

The damage done from tiles is negligible. Judgement is about putting up strike tiles. Making it more likely you'll take out your own strikes, attacks, and Molotovs makes the skill clearly worse! I actually do use punisher on most DDQs, and this will clearly be detrimental.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I feel like this was a simple tweak of applying a piece of code from X-Force to him.

Everyone is asking why they didn't do more complicated fixes? This is likely why, it was an easy fix.

It may be annoying when he blows up his own special tiles, but the block isn't very big and chances were always on your side that you won't. This is only going to up those chances marginally. It also has a slightly higher chance now to remove enemy tiles, which is what I liked to do most of the time.

He is supposed to cause random havoc on the battlefield, and this is what his green feels like.
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This is a joke right? How many players have complained about MNMag's red CD being placed in the corner NOT destroying a 3x3 or 5x5 as described!

Completely different thing. MNMags is targeting a red tile to make it a cd. That CD then blows up what's around it. Judgement targets basically ANY tile then blows up what's around it. If you got what you're asking for, if the only red tiles were within 1/2 tiles of the edge, the power wouldn't work and tell you there weren't enough tiles of the required type (i.e. the only way to make it work would be to only allow it to target tiles more than 1/2 spaces away from an edge). And even then, what happens when it targets a tile 4 from the bottom edge, but a match three right under it drops the cd to the bottom row?
  • famousfoxking
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:
    Bullseye & Bag-man
    Lethal Improvisation targets 2 Strike, Attack, or Protect tiles. Snarky Remark (Rank 5) affects 2 countdown tiles.

Both abilities specify 2 targeted tiles, however SR cannot be cast if only 1 tile exists, however LI can.

One tiny problem with that: it isn't true. I tested it just now, with one rocket CD on the board, cast Snarky Remark (5 covers) and the message that comes back is "Select 1 more Countdown tile to delay." I select the one and only CD on the board, and it goes up from 5 to 8. Cast again when there is more than one CD on the board, and I'm prompted to choose two.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is a joke right? How many players have complained about MNMag's red CD being placed in the corner NOT destroying a 3x3 or 5x5 as described!

Completely different thing. MNMags is targeting a red tile to make it a cd. That CD then blows up what's around it. Judgement targets basically ANY tile then blows up what's around it. If you got what you're asking for, if the only red tiles were within 1/2 tiles of the edge, the power wouldn't work and tell you there weren't enough tiles of the required type (i.e. the only way to make it work would be to only allow it to target tiles more than 1/2 spaces away from an edge). And even then, what happens when it targets a tile 4 from the bottom edge, but a match three right under it drops the cd to the bottom row?
    obviously with a cd you are subject to the following moves to manipulate its placement. it would still be nice for it to not choose an edge tile to initially spawn if a non-edge tile exists.
  • famousfoxking
    Options
    But also costs twice as much. Regardless I think we can all agree that Punisher's Green should at least be coded like Beasts so it does not destroy Friendly Tiles.

That just doesn't make any sense. How would that even work? What if there isn't a contiguous 3x3 block without any friendly tiles in it? Beast is blowing up individual tiles, not a block. And Animal Inside doesn't destroy Friendly special tiles because it doesn't destroy ANY special tiles. Which you couldn't make Judgement do either, because it's blowing up a 3x3 block.

After the fix, judgement will target any tile in the 6x6 block 1 tile in from the edge. It then blows up the targeted tile and everything directly adjacent. The only way to protect friendly tiles from Judgement would be to force it to target a tile that is within that 6x6 block, but not a friendly special and not within 1 tile of a friendly special. There are going to be a lot of cases where that just doesn't exist. Should the power not fire then?
  • famousfoxking
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    obviously with a cd you are subject to the following moves to manipulate its placement. it would still be nice for it to not choose an edge tile to initially spawn if a non-edge tile exists.

And if all of the red tiles are within 1/2 of the edge? Should the power fail?

You can probably have what you're asking for, but you can bet your sweet bippy it would stop collecting AP if its targeting were changed. Personally? I'm not really willing to make that trade.
  • jjfyahpowah
    jjfyahpowah Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options
    Retribution should drop an opponent at 60% health.
    Overpowered, yes. But this compensates for green/black powers.

Damage should equal 2600.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you feel green and black are lackluster, wouldn't it make more sense to make them better instead of making his third skill overpowered?
  • Unknown
    Options
    MNMags red should not put countdown tile on edge or bottom row when there is an option elsewhere. It should default to a spot that could actually produce the described effect when possible.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I see no problem in putting mags MN tile in the very corner as long as it destroys the same number of tiles. If it's indeed the very corner then just blow up the 25 corner tiles, not a fixed 5x5 square centered on the CD tile. Same for his blue from lv1 to 4 (as 5 blows up the entire board).
  • Unknown
    Options
    MNMags red should not put countdown tile on edge or bottom row when there is an option elsewhere. It should default to a spot that could actually produce the described effect when possible.

Hey, don't stop there, let's take it all the way, make those edged inviolate...targetable skills like Hood yellow, GSBW green and red shouldn't allow a player to violate the edges of the board. Thing green, Punisher green, MnMags blue and red, Witch blue, fix them all! Oh, and don't forget goon powers like pistol, flamethrower, and rocket.

Or, we could assume whether or not a power's randomness includes the possibility of violating the box is part of its balance.

Assuming anything is balanced.

None of things you list are as useful in generating AP as MNMags red. So what you propose isn't 'balanced' because detrimental effects of the 'random' placement isn't equal, and what you suggest wouldn't be necessary to fix a simple thing that virtually every player thinks sucks. I don't think a single MPQ player thinks it sucks that you can target Hood yellow or GSBW green to run off the edge.
  • Ding
    Ding Posts: 179
    Options
    Makes his green targetable like gsbw.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    targetable green would be good but in current hulk event or ultron 40% take down often equates to 10k+ of damage - he's not the best but he's a valuable member of my roster for certain fights
  • Unknown
    Options
    None of things you list are as useful in generating AP as MNMags red.

And ...?

And...the answer to your question was in the next 2 sentences you conveniently cut and paste away from this sentence. And...your comparisons from your first post are **** and aren't good reasons for not changing MNMags (which you probably realized in deciding to switch to a different argument in your next post ......which is also ****).
    "bunch of ****...

There, I just shortened your second post up for you. If you want to suggest/argue MNMags is too powerful if my suggested change is made, fine. But your additional arguments in your second post are just as bad as/worse than your first. In short, my suggestion doesn't result in always getting 25 ap. In most scenarios, it still won't. It just doesn't stick the cd tile in the worst spots if there is another option. That is the part that annoys almost all players, and I don't think many people would say MNMags is op with that change.
    If only what players think sucked/doesn't sucked ruled this world ...

Agreed. -you wouldn't be allowed to post. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif