*** The Punisher (Dark Reign) ***

Options

Comments

• Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I went 5/5/3 before the Rag nerf. I may have changed it before due to the less abundance of green. If you manage to get about 5 strike tiles on the board his Black skill will do well over 1100 damage to all enemies. I had him teamed up with rags and mags.

I'll more than likely still keep Magneto teamed up with him. I have some candidates to take rags's place. Thor is filling in for now. I'm thinking Hood (for tactical yellow shots) and for that awesome AP drain. Spidey for team heals. And IM40 and Doom are options. All depends on future changes but glad Punisher isn't going anywhere soon. His skills may be a little chaotic but I have fun with that.
  • After buying a Punisher 10-pack, 2 Hulk events, and the Hulk tournaments, I think I'll have a 3/5/5 Punisher soon enough - and I eagerly look forward to it. The green's strike tiles are already getting more and more potent, and if they'd fix the 3x3 randomness always targeting the edges of the grid, I'd like him a lot more. The Red is outstanding - I look at it as a "GG, next" skill when tackling one opponent after another, usually pairing him with someone else who has a red that is better suited for > 40%. Molotov isn't that appealing for the countdown potential of several attack tiles - once you get one attack tile, it's good to go, and the other benefit is that those 3+ strike tiles you have from Judgement will apply to each hit of Molotov when it slams into the other team, easily resulting in a miniature GSBW Sniper Rifle for 7B, and all in one character!
  • His Red comes in really handy against high HP villains. And it does an okay amount of damage on its own. Given the nerf to Rag, there aren't a ton of red AP skills that do the same damage at Punisher's max as his does. (Granted, you need an extra 60 levels over Thor to see that benefit, but still).
  • Did they fix Punishers red power to check life percentage? Just the other day I made sure one of the HAMMER soldiers was a little less than 30% because i wanted to test if punishers ability was correct. Despite saying that the enemy is downed if it has less than 30% life left, he was not downed. So i'm not sure if the game is bugging out or if the ability is wrong and that maybe it's not really 30% life.
  • Are you sure you did the math right? He's been downing people for me at just under 40% every time I use it.
  • I can confirm from personal experience that this has also happened to me at least twice. The first time I thought maybe I made a mistake in my math. But ever since then, I double check every single time that it's well under 30%. And sure enough, it happened again a couple days ago.

My Punisher now has level 5 red so it's 40% and I haven't used it since then. I wonder if there's a bug only at 30%...?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OneAC wrote:
    I can confirm from personal experience that this has also happened to me at least twice. The first time I thought maybe I made a mistake in my math. But ever since then, I double check every single time that it's well under 30%. And sure enough, it happened again a couple days ago.

My Punisher now has level 5 red so it's 40% and I haven't used it since then. I wonder if there's a bug only at 30%...?
    I've used it a lot at 30%. The only time it didn't work as expected, I rechecked my math -- the error was mine.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'll probably be going 3/5/5 now that I've used punisher more with the buff (taste of higher level icon_e_wink.gif ).

The attack tile damage just adds up too slowly, even if I would get another attack tile every 2 turns, I feel. At max the attack tiles have 113 attack damage, which I don't think is that great.. just having one attack tile out (as others said) seems enough for the extra strike tile damage. I like the AOE damage of it with strike tiles, but probably don't need the added base damage.

His green is really satisfying to use, especially saving up 16 to get two shots out. Wolvie 2* still seems to be able to make faster (in turn better) strike tiles (even limited to reds, unless against daken), but he is probably getting nerfed.

The red base damage is actually decently competitive with others in terms of direct damage (like wolvie 2*) when talking about dmg/ap (by max level). It's not as good as other red skills on a dmg/ap level, but since it costs less AP it's easier to use it multiple times and get the benefits from strike tiles easier.
    From fighting more of the 200+ fights, I realize that extra 1k or 2k damage from the 10% difference in max health definitely saves a few turns. Every turn is critical in those fights.
  • Trying to figure a build for this guy is killing me. I'm currently leaning towards 3/5/5 myself, I keep debating the usefulness of a level 5 black skill. I wouldn't care so much if there were more characters out there with decent non-passive black skills, but there just aren't. There's already so many characters that compete on a green and red level; feels like I'm just tossing away a potentially unused color slot.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I feel most of the black abilities strength comes from strike tiles.. it amplifies the AOE and the attack tiles. The attack tiles dmg itself doesn't seem that impressive, even if you have a few of them out. Thus I don't really feel the extra benefits from level 4 and 5 are worth it.
  • eidehua wrote:
    I feel most of the black abilities strength comes from strike tiles.. it amplifies the AOE and the attack tiles. The attack tiles dmg itself doesn't seem that impressive, even if you have a few of them out. Thus I don't really feel the extra benefits from level 4 and 5 are worth it.

My Punisher is 5/5/3. I just had 4 molotovs out at once in the "last of em" 240/240/240 mission, with 6 strike tiles out also. Was hitting for over 2k a turn, and 2 more attack tiles pumping out every turn, each at 100 damage. It's not overwhelming damage but boy does it add up and jumble the board. If the ai (that loves matching black) got that going on me, I'd be so frustrated.
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I love watching punisher just cause chaos to the board. Imagine a Sue storm protecting his cocktails with bubbles. It would be the worst!!
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    _fulu_ wrote:
    eidehua wrote:

My Punisher is 5/5/3. I just had 4 molotovs out at once in the "last of em" 240/240/240 mission, with 6 strike tiles out also. Was hitting for over 2k a turn, and 2 more attack tiles pumping out every turn, each at 100 damage. It's not overwhelming damage but boy does it add up and jumble the board. If the ai (that loves matching black) got that going on me, I'd be so frustrated.
    hard to maintain without spidey stunlock though. And most of the damage from them come from the strike tiles
  • Spoit wrote:
    _fulu_ wrote:
    eidehua wrote:

hard to maintain without spidey stunlock though. And most of the damage from them come from the strike tiles

Only 600 was from the strike tiles. But yes, I run with spidey often.
  • Spoit
    Options
    I'm having trouble figuring out how you do 2k damage a turn with attack tiles, with only 600 coming from strike tiles, since even maxed, his attack tiles are only marginally stronger than his strike tiles...and you get 3 of them per green cast
  • honestly, he should be 5/5/5 - each power is amazing icon_e_smile.gif

I think I'll go 355, as countdown tiles and protecting them strongly limits the possibilities. while killing at 40%hp - now he's the man to do all those lvl240 battles.
  • Spoit wrote:
    I'm having trouble figuring out how you do 2k damage a turn with attack tiles, with only 600 coming from strike tiles, since even maxed, his attack tiles are only marginally stronger than his strike tiles...and you get 3 of them per green cast

As I said, I had 4 molotovs pumping out tiles, 2 each turn. I had 16 out at one point, and it was only increasing most turns unless I had to match one.
  • My Punisher is 1/1/3 right now and I have 1 red cover waiting. I'm on fence - to use it, since that would commit me to 3/5/5, or to sell and wait for black and green? While his red is interesting, I rarely use it or even have enough red since my team revolves around 2* (for now). For black speaks rarity of good characters with black ability and AoE damage, for red - incoming nerfs.
    Also, can someone confirm, 5 black creates attack tile each turn or every second turn? From OP it's not very clear.
  • GEFPenst wrote:
    My Punisher is 1/1/3 right now and I have 1 red cover waiting. I'm on fence - to use it, since that would commit me to 3/5/5, or to sell and wait for black and green? While his red is interesting, I rarely use it or even have enough red since my team revolves around 2* (for now). For black speaks rarity of good characters with black ability and AoE damage, for red - incoming nerfs.
    Also, can someone confirm, 5 black creates attack tile each turn or every second turn? From OP it's not very clear.

Every second turn
  • Spoit
    Options
    _fulu_ wrote:
    Spoit wrote:

As I said, I had 4 molotovs pumping out tiles, 2 each turn. I had 16 out at one point, and it was only increasing most turns unless I had to match one.
    My point is, the strike tile is applied to every tick of the attacks, so to get a what, 1.4k to 6k ratio, you'd need it to have only a single strike tile being what, only 50 or so?