The Hunt

Options

Comments

• I can't possibly catch up in the sub-brackets at this point.
  • Didn't you find the buff that multiplys points earned

Don't worry i didn't either
  • I agree the point system is worse than usual.
  • At first, the fact that IW was required for some missions didn't bother me, but it looks like those without her will actually be hamstrung in the overall Hunt race. I was keeping pace and occasionally taking the top spot, but now I'm taking out all available missions and grinding down and still falling behind.

I was confused why, until I started checking the IW missions to see that while every other mission in a sub was 10 or less, the IW one was still sitting at 300+. I'm still happy with how much loot is being doled out and the new story stuff (especially Savage) is fun, but I'm about to throw in the towel on fighting for Top 3 in my main if things keep going like this. Really my only complaint about this otherwise great event.
  • Very casual friendly event. I dont know why some newbies were complaining earlier.
  • sat out the savage event til the last two hours and made it to top 400 but my overall bracket suffered. interesting
  • I have some issues with this event.

1. Certain covers are required to play some missions and a freebie is not provided thus preventing a player from even attempting some of the highest value missions of each sub-event. I don't see any circumstance where this is fair. Required to have a 4* to even try some missions? DUMB.

2. Certain players, by happenstance, managed to find themselves in outdated or bugged instances of the mission board where no champion limitations/boosts were present. In addition the most difficult missions were also substantially less difficult consisting of lower level npc's.

I understand bugs occur, but in the event that some players were able to bypass the 'invisible woman required' or any other such requirement, the missions should have been opened to everyone.
  • So far I've gotten top 50 with minimal effort both times. I think I would REALLY have to tank to get top spot though as every time I quickly complete the story missions and grind to get the hp missions' hp really quick in the last few min I have rubberbanded back to top 10 and only a few hundred points out of first in my main bracket while still only having half the score of first place (I'd rather get the missions points than literally skip a mission set at this point I think...homie needs ISO, and savage land had 2 hp spots...that's 100hp per a missed bracket plus a heroic token). Seriously makes me feel its impossible for me to NOT get a punisher...and I don't think first is very far ahead...I plan to catch him up from a days worth of grinding on the last day probably. The way I see it, a huge cushion needs to be built or the last day is all that matters. I still thinks its very possible to have joined a bracket day one. Waited till day 3... And easily won some of these brackets...something I believe many did completely on accident.

The super boosters (150%) ...are they bugged every event or what? Every event I start with one. I don't use it, and by day two its gone from mg boost screen completely. Is that a bug or what? Not that it matters. Only mission that I found hard enough to not bother was the 230 venom one. The reward for which was garbage so I didn't even try...not worth a healthpack. With buffmonster Thor though I am sure it wouldn't be too bad though.

I don't have an issue with character requirements because you can always do lower missions as there are always at least a high and a low lvl repeatable. In this event I believe they are set to the same rubberbanding.

The big issue here is that the leader of your main bracket really determines how you do in the sub brackets. Kinda funny, as ina way it makes everyone in your bracket part of your "team" for the sub-brackets as a player @1000 pts whose main bracket leader is a 10k will get way more points than player B with 1000 pts in bracket with a top of 2000 pts. So its a team effort to boost your top score ...so that lower players in your bracket get to win? Lol...its funny. Ppl try hard to stay out of heavy hitter brackets but its the casual-ish players accidentally IN those brackets that are benefiting the most. So dear top player in my bracket, plz grind till your fingers bleed. I will evaporate that lead in an hour and get a nice score in my bracket while sipping on my possibly adult beverage (might be a soda..I love soda..lol). You go ahead though, we will all pitch in and give you a free bagman for your efforts.

Side note: f my facebook not connecting...I've sent at least 10 tokens so far (if I had it connected). Imagine being in a group of 3-10 friends for this event. o.O
  • The sub bracket thing has me scratching my head. I mean seriously i completed the entire sub bracket and i am 5000 points behind the 1st position?? How the hell is that even possible. I really wish they would go back to simple math, you know 1+1=2 not this 1+1=4356.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DaBigMoose wrote:
    The sub bracket thing has me scratching my head. I mean seriously i completed the entire sub bracket and i am 5000 points behind the 1st position?? How the hell is that even possible. I really wish they would go back to simple math, you know 1+1=2 not this 1+1=4356.
    A couple days ago, the first place in my sub-brackets had more than the 1st place of my main bracket. Now it's just a little bit less than 2/3 of it
  • So can anyone give me a breakdown of how this event works? Haven't been able to play much yet and hoping rubberband will save me again.

Do the main Hunt missions reset daily? Is there more past Hunt:Alaska? What has better rewards, main or subs? Or are goals aligned that you do well in both simultaneously?
  • So can anyone give me a breakdown of how this event works? Haven't been able to play much yet and hoping rubberband will save me again.

Do the main Hunt missions reset daily? Is there more past Hunt:Alaska? What has better rewards, main or subs? Or are goals aligned that you do well in both simultaneously?

The main event, The Hunt, doesn't reset at all. Top reward is The Punisher, HP and ISO.
    There are 3 subevents/Bases: Alaska, Florida and Savage.
    Each Base has separate bracket and own ranking. Top reward is HP, ISO and Hunt Heroic token.
    Points gained in each base are counted towards that base and main ranking.
  • DaBigMoose wrote:
    The sub bracket thing has me scratching my head. I mean seriously i completed the entire sub bracket and i am 5000 points behind the 1st position?? How the hell is that even possible. I really wish they would go back to simple math, you know 1+1=2 not this 1+1=4356.

Because someone else in the bracket started the main hunt event later than you did and rubberbanding is bringing the later bracket up to where the existing ones are. I don't particularly care for it either, but there you go.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Misguided wrote:
    DaBigMoose wrote:

Because someone else in the bracket started the main hunt event later than you did and rubberbanding is bringing the later bracket up to where the existing ones are. I don't particularly care for it either, but there you go.

I started one of the sub events less than one hour in, my available missions were in the ~15 point range, and the top player was *already* at 2000 points. It's... weird.
  • Yeah it's just odd at times. I had literally beaten every mission to the point where I wasn't being awarded any points for completion. And I finished around ~300.
  • Misguided wrote:
    DaBigMoose wrote:

I started pretty late - was focused on iron man til it ended on Friday. I'm not able to get anywhere near the crazy points I'm seeing. Wonder if the sub brackets are for those out of the competition for the main bracket. I'm pretty high in my main so suspect that us what is preventing me from getting points.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    Misguided wrote:
    DaBigMoose wrote:

I started one of the sub events less than one hour in, my available missions were in the ~15 point range, and the top player was *already* at 2000 points. It's... weird.

I got over 900 points for one mission this morning, and that's considering I started the Hunt early.
  • I started the 2nd Alaska hunt this morning -- I did everything but the repeatables. The hardest repeatable is currently up to 1342 points. Think I'll wait for 1500.
  • jozier wrote:
    Yeah it's just odd at times. I had literally beaten every mission to the point where I wasn't being awarded any points for completion. And I finished around ~300.

I believe the points available in the sub missions are based on your ranking in the main hunt mission.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    I started the 2nd Alaska hunt this morning -- I did everything but the repeatables. The hardest repeatable is currently up to 1342 points. Think I'll wait for 1500.

Lol. Nothing to add...