The Hunt

Options

Comments

• Sooty wrote:
    Dammit I lost Alaska's top 3 by a few meager points because I woke up 16 minutes before the thing ended. Curse you sleep!!!
    you mean top 2? lol that sucks though...sleep...the enemy of these grindy events
  • I'm really going for Punisher so I guess this is going to be a long few days. Only good(?) pull I got from 15 standard tokens was Moonstone and I got Bullseye with The Hunt token. Oh well. The initial ISO is nice. Lol. I really prefer how they scored the very first PvE. Much more understandable.
  • I really prefer how they scored the very first PvE. Much more understandable.

Agreed. This new style basically makes it the same as PvP where all that matters is the last hour or so.
  • So just started my bracket...what is the final thought on how to start? Balls to the walls from the get go or wait for some point accumulation? Or do the first part quick then slow down on the repeatables or ...u know..what?
  • So just started my bracket...what is the final thought on how to start? Balls to the walls from the get go or wait for some point accumulation? Or do the first part quick then slow down on the repeatables or ...u know..what?

There is now strategy this time...just play when you want to play
  • Mommson wrote:
    So just started my bracket...what is the final thought on how to start? Balls to the walls from the get go or wait for some point accumulation? Or do the first part quick then slow down on the repeatables or ...u know..what?

There is now strategy this time...just play when you want to play
    Strategy? You mean playing 24/7 for the next 8 days?
  • i joined late late last night after i came home. like after midnight eastern time. i've cleared florida and savage land once each (did not farm any repeatables), and i'm currently #2 on my hunt leaderboard @ 2487. #1 is 2513.

in my florida/savage land, the top players are at 5k and 4.5k currently for me. i don't really care about either of these since I'm going for the punisher only, but I'm still top 100 on both with my pretty small amount of effort.

anyway. join late. been saying that for a long time and everybody here should be doing it unless for some reason you like to play against a hundred tryhards like yourself who started the minute the event started.

I have yet to start the thor event, and I won't start it until probably tomorrow. I have yet to place outside the top 2 using this late start strategy, and this is with overall less play than when I used to compete like crazy from the get-go and had mighty strugges for a top 10.
  • anyway. join late. been saying that for a long time and everybody here should be doing it unless for some reason you like to play against a hundred tryhards like yourself who started the minute the event started.

I have yet to start the thor event, and I won't start it until probably tomorrow. I have yet to place outside the top 2 using this late start strategy, and this is with overall less play than when I used to compete like crazy from the get-go and had mighty strugges for a top 10.
    I figured that this strat was catching on so countered it by joining the Double Shot early. Still won 1st anyways, but that might have been due to the irregular end time. I don't think it matters as much whether late or early, moreso specific time of day (i.e. morning vs evening).
  • anyway. join late. been saying that for a long time and everybody here should be doing it unless for some reason you like to play against a hundred tryhards like yourself who started the minute the event started.

I figured that this strat was catching on so countered it by joining the Double Shot early. Still won 1st anyways, but that might have been due to the irregular end time. I don't think it matters as much whether late or early, moreso specific time of day (i.e. morning vs evening).

yes that's my other strategy. join late but also join at a time when I the other people joining at that time (ie, will make up your bracket) won't be playing at the end of the tournament when most of the competition goes down. i like to play with euros if its a midnight end date, since i know most of them are in bed icon_e_smile.gif

i am doing this now because when I did the IW event, I had to get like 12k points just to be top 15 and i know there were other brackets where 12k would have given me a 5k lead over the 2nd guy. that level of grind is not something i'm willing to do again because it was totally unfun for me.
  • so yea after coming top 2 in alaska there's no way to place high in the other events due to rubber banding
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    so yea after coming top 2 in alaska there's no way to place high in the other events due to rubber banding

I'm in the same boat, which is good design in my opinion, spreading the wealth so that the top players literally can't monopolize all the top prizes.
    After winning Alaska there's definitely no way to win any of the other CURRENT sub-events, now I'm just trying to figure out if there's any way to try to win the other FUTURE sub-events, without foregoing clearing each mission once for the completion awards. Tho if it turns out that I've ruined my chances at other events, I'll be satisfied with 500 HP and a pile of heroic tokens icon_e_smile.gif

this is simply not true. i'm not "tryharding" (a term i find stupid when people use it on me), and can manage top 15 by simply playing twice a day when my points are fully recharged. they no longer cap with two hours but time so basically my strategy has become let it recharge to almost end time then empty my pool. so every 12 hoursish i play.

the problem with starting late is u miss out on all the progress rewards from every event (that expires, but starts up again). that's alot of 500 iso rewards you miss out on.

also when u start late, u start late similarly with other people so therefore, ur point rubberbanding will be equal and you won't gain a huge advantage. the only reason you want to start late is because u simply don't want to play all that much, and when its that, its a viable option. u just miss out on many rewards.

edit: btw, from what i can tell, if you place well in one subevent, its gd hard to place well in others.

edit 2: and since the subevents expire and refresh, there's less iso 20 grinding. which is friggin awesome.
  • Twanbon wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    so yea after coming top 2 in alaska there's no way to place high in the other events due to rubber banding

I'm in the same boat, which is good design in my opinion, spreading the wealth so that the top players literally can't monopolize all the top prizes.
    After winning Alaska there's definitely no way to win any of the other CURRENT sub-events, now I'm just trying to figure out if there's any way to try to win the other FUTURE sub-events, without foregoing clearing each mission once for the completion awards. Tho if it turns out that I've ruined my chances at other events, I'll be satisfied with 500 HP and a pile of heroic tokens icon_e_smile.gif

You're going to skip multiple subevents to tank your rating in the main event enough to place high in a subsequent subevent...im pretty sure
  • how high did points go for people in the subevents? (btw this 30k last progression reward seems far off unless rubber banding goes insane)
  • forgrim wrote:
    how high did points go for people in the subevents? (btw this 30k last progression reward seems far off unless rubber banding goes insane)

i placed first with 5500 or so. For florida, the top player has like 7800 (my total points is like 9k...meaning he spent allll his time in florida).
  • i think its possible to place top 50 in every event. What you don't want to do is place 3-10...ruins your future tourneys and the reward isnt substantial over 11-50.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    forgrim wrote:
    how high did points go for people in the subevents? (btw this 30k last progression reward seems far off unless rubber banding goes insane)

i placed first with 5500 or so. For florida, the top player has like 7800 (my total points is like 9k...meaning he spent allll his time in florida).

interesting...the bracket i'm in has the highest at 7kish.

how much are repeatables going for u? the level 200's go from 170-225 max. i'm just trying to gauge whether they are rubber banding off top ppl.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    i think its possible to place top 50 in every event. What you don't want to do is place 3-10...ruins your future tourneys and the reward isnt substantial over 11-50.

someone can prove this to me but currently it seems impossible. i placed top 15 in alaska. and can't climb from like 500-600 rank in florida. i'm trying some different method for savage land but probably encounter the same thing. my rubber banding has been used up.
  • forgrim wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    i think its possible to place top 50 in every event. What you don't want to do is place 3-10...ruins your future tourneys and the reward isnt substantial over 11-50.

someone can prove this to me but currently it seems impossible. i placed top 15 in alaska. and can't climb from like 500-600 rank in florida. i'm trying some different method for savage land but probably encounter the same thing. my rubber banding has been used up.

im #1 in alaska and like #70 in florida right now.
  • forgrim wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    forgrim wrote:

interesting...the bracket i'm in has the highest at 7kish.

how much are repeatables going for u? the level 200's go from 170-225 max. i'm just trying to gauge whether they are rubber banding off top ppl.

and the hardest florida event is only 129 for me...im not even gonna try to grind it i just want the 500 iso and standard tokens