The Hunt

Options

Comments

• Also with this kind of rubber banding the top 10 are separated by 400 points in my bracket...there's absolutely no separation

I guess it discourages grinding but on the other hand...it seems like getting punisher will be quite flukey
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Also with this kind of rubber banding the top 10 are separated by 400 points in my bracket...there's absolutely no separation

I guess it discourages grinding but on the other hand...it seems like getting punisher will be quite flukey

agreed, its going to reward consistency. they will have to play in every event.

but from what i can tell and from what i've seen, playing in 12 hours increment once will still help you keep up in top 15. its pretty lax compared to the hardcore grinding that happened last time.

plus more rewards since it keeps refreshing subevents. i frankly love this and starting late really doesn't benefit ppl as much as last time.
  • The game hates me. Two tokens, two Widows. Neither one green.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I decided to level my Modern Hawkeye a bit and take advantage of the 200% buff. He's level 45 now. I think I have a problem.
  • Yea, from my little bit of playing the event last night, this morning I agree with ppl saying it was good for me to start when I did. With 500 hp as a top 3 reward its probably best to tank (well...just merely completea few side missions before going all out on every few. It's somewhat stupid though that the rubberbanding is linked to your main score. I am extremely tempted to sit out until Monday or Tuesday and then just get an easy romp to first in a few brackets. Might only get a red punisher that way though is the risk. I haven't decided as I want punisher but first is always a push...
  • Unknown
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Yea, from my little bit of playing the event last night, this morning I agree with ppl saying it was good for me to start when I did. With 500 hp as a top 3 reward its probably best to tank (well...just merely completea few side missions before going all out on every few. It's somewhat stupid though that the rubberbanding is linked to your main score. I am extremely tempted to sit out until Monday or Tuesday and then just get an easy romp to first in a few brackets. Might only get a red punisher that way though is the risk. I haven't decided as I want punisher but first is always a push...

u'll get it in one, not a few, if my calculations are correct. u'll use up every point of rubberbanding in ur pool in just one.

if you do this experiment, tell me how it goes. 500 hp a couple days would be nice but from what i can tell, the rubber banding is capping. but then again, in my main bracket, i've never dropped out of top 100.

edit: this also means you miss out on a bunch of mission rewards btw since u won't be able to compete in several subevents. i'm actually a huge fan of the rubberbanding of this event compared to others (only time will tell how the ending goes since EEVERYONE is near each other). if you start early, you have chance of getting the higher progressions compared to the middle tier that the later comers will achieve it seems. also, you can do really well in one subevent but then be gated out of the others so u can't hoard the top prizes. i've done an experiment where i join one bracket and don't do any of the missions til 2 hours before its over and still can't get into higher tiers simply because i had finished the missions of other subevents.
  • Yea, from my little bit of playing the event last night, this morning I agree with ppl saying it was good for me to start when I did. With 500 hp as a top 3 reward its probably best to tank (well...just merely completea few side missions before going all out on every few. It's somewhat stupid though that the rubberbanding is linked to your main score. I am extremely tempted to sit out until Monday or Tuesday and then just get an easy romp to first in a few brackets. Might only get a red punisher that way though is the risk. I haven't decided as I want punisher but first is always a push...

dangerous game you'd be playing since you're not guaranteed top 2, what if u get stuck in a bracket with others that do this strategy

my advice is just to play normal and aim for top 3 in main event (and the 500 it comes with)
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, I really don't know about the rubberbanding in this event. The top 10 of all my sub-brackets have more points than the #1 of my main bracket, and I'm not even getting 100 from most of the 230 missions.

It was all I could do to barely squeeze in a top 400 in the 2nd sub-bracket after only getting top 50 in the 1st one, and I can't see any way to actually get even anywhere near top 400 in the 3rd
  • Just played through the Savage mission with no buffed chars and no repeatables. I closed the app and came back to find that there are repeats now and the opponents and rewards changed (had no fights against moonstone for example). The bad thing is that all the rewards were covers I didn't need across the board. No chance for 1 star tokens or health or anything. Feel a bit ripped off as I had some good luck with the tokens and was looking forward to trying my luck again. Guess I'll send a note to support but I never seem to get responses from them so not holding my breath.
  • greggray24 wrote:
    Guess I'll send a note to support but I never seem to get responses from them so not holding my breath.
    Send them an e-mail - I don't think the in game ticket thing always works.
  • Humphrey wrote:
    greggray24 wrote:
    Guess I'll send a note to support but I never seem to get responses from them so not holding my breath.

What is the email address?
  • forgrim wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    i think its possible to place top 50 in every event. What you don't want to do is place 3-10...ruins your future tourneys and the reward isnt substantial over 11-50.

someone can prove this to me but currently it seems impossible. i placed top 15 in alaska. and can't climb from like 500-600 rank in florida. i'm trying some different method for savage land but probably encounter the same thing. my rubber banding has been used up.

I found exactly the same thing
  • FWIW, I placed in the 50-100 spot in Alaska and Florida. I've just finally finished the first run through of the Swamp (loved the last mission) and am currently ranked 443rd -- and that was with killing off the extra Grenadiers via the high point repeatable.

I'm currently #24 in my main bracket with 9446 points. #1 has 10166 points.
  • Hey all... wanted to pop in real quick... I haven't seen this mentioned.

Did a bunch of things in the event change for anyone else last night? Some of the changes seem permanent, I think?

I finished Alaska yesterday, played most of Florida and hadn't touched the Savage Land yet. I happened to wake up around 6am CST and all of the missions in Florida were changed to easier ones. The only specific example I can give is Jump Jets 3 turned into some mid-level Hammer dudes instead of the Level 230 Dark Avengers. I also remember noticing that no heroes were boosted, so I didn't use Hawkeye like I had been. I thought maybe it was some sort of catch-up type thing for people joining late or something. I wasn't really paying attention to the amount of points they were paying out, as I was half asleep. I was only up for about 10-15 minutes.

So, I just loaded MPQ up again and I think there are some permanent changes to the event from yesterday. Can someone confirm this?

It looks like most of the rewards have changed, kind of like what happened with the prologue rewards. It looks like all of the health packs have been removed and replaced with other rewards, maybe? For example, in "The Hunt" main line, "Server Room" (the second level) has 2 possible Iron Man 40 drops. I'm pretty sure that was not true for me yesterday. I could be remembering that incorrectly, though. The first time completion bonus for levels has increased from 100 to 200. Also, who does everyone showing has boosts now? For me it is just Hawkeye and IM40 with only +%50 each.

EDIT: The boosts seem back to normal... not sure why this event keeps being wonky... is it just me?

Is this the nature of this event? Will rewards all change daily? Or did I simply encounter some sort of glitch? If it is the former, I think that is a good idea, except I don't think changing the rewards in the non-repeatable "The Hunt" mainline made much sense, if that did in fact happen. I could have used that chance at an IM40. :/
  • Nope, not normal. greggray mentioned this a few posts above you, and I know at least one other person that this has happened to, but he doesn't post here as far as I know.
  • Misguided wrote:
    Nope, not normal. greggray mentioned this a few posts above you, and I know at least one other person that this has happened to, but he doesn't post here as far as I know.
    ****, sorry. I read the entire thread (including that post) and it didn't "click" in my brain that it was the same problem. *shakes head* Must still be half asleep, lol. It's not enough of an issue for me to submit a ticket, because I didn't progress at all while "stuck" in this mode, but...
    Humphrey wrote:
    Is that true? I sent a ticket in last week and haven't heard back. I thought it was maybe because I am still F2P therefore my missing HP isn't much of a concern to them. :/
  • Is that true? I sent a ticket in last week and haven't heard back. I thought it was maybe because I am still F2P therefore my missing HP isn't much of a concern to them. :/

Customer support has been good in my experience. Can't hurt to send an email.
  • All my savage land missions are worth a measly 10 points icon_e_sad.gif
  • The point system seems crazy to me also. Lol. At 1 point the Alaska hard lvl worth 150. Later I beat it for 600. Then it never goes above 300 again. Now sitting at 150. Other missions give me 80 and others 20 then u beat the 1's with 20 and 1's with 80 now worth 20 and things are everywhere. Placing top 5 in some events top 500 in others with same effort. Like ****. Lol
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    But seriously, how are people getting 6k in a single sub-brackets? I cleared all the repeatables down to single digits per run and I'm barely clearing 1k