The Hunt

Comments

• nope, that's not how it works haha, my bracket is 12k, and you don't get that much in the subevents.

essentially to win one, you have to be really good in one. then tank ur score like no other, than do it again, but missing out on other rewards.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Misguided wrote:
    Ranzera wrote:
    Is anyone else starting to lose interest after all these crazy point schemes with 0 explanation by the devs?

Well, I had kind of decided I that trying to win these crazy long tournaments is too much work. My focus on this event is on trying to get the heroic tokens in each bracket. If I'm near the top at the end, I'll work for a bit, but I don't want to make my self crazy.
    Yeah, It's all I can to do barely scrape through to top 400, when the top people in these sub brackets have more than half the points of the top of my main bracket. This rubberbanding is wack
  • Man this event drains health packs like no other.
  • forgrim wrote:
    nope, that's not how it works haha, my bracket is 12k, and you don't get that much in the subevents.

essentially to win one, you have to be really good in one. then tank ur score like no other, than do it again, but missing out on other rewards.
    How do you tank your score?
  • forgrim wrote:
    nope, that's not how it works haha, my bracket is 12k, and you don't get that much in the subevents.

How do you tank your score?
    he means dont do any event for a day or two...like right now im about 3k behind in the main event because i havent done anything for the past few days, so if i went and did alaska right now i could probably get like 3k points just doing the repeatables... like the 3x 230 is worth 1481 doing it once for me right now and im only 4k behind first place in the alaska mission...since the event doesnt end for another 15 hours i will probably wait until 2 or 3 hours before alaska ends and will probably catch up to first place. Note: i got first place the first time alaska was open and have gotten a heroic token for the other 2 sub event and trying to get another first place finish in alaska.

tldr: focus on 1 bracket at a time, use most of ur points that u can get on one event, and do the other sub event for the mission rewards before they end but try and get a top 400 finish for the heroic token...thats what im doing
  • Anyone else get a partial Alaska reset? viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1194
  • Too Easy wrote:
    he means dont do any event for a day or two...like right now im about 3k behind in the main event because i havent done anything for the past few days, so if i went and did alaska right now i could probably get like 3k points just doing the repeatables... like the 3x 230 is worth 1481 doing it once for me right now and im only 4k behind first place in the alaska mission...since the event doesnt end for another 15 hours i will probably wait until 2 or 3 hours before alaska ends and will probably catch up to first place. Note: i got first place the first time alaska was open and have gotten a heroic token for the other 2 sub event and trying to get another first place finish in alaska.

tldr: focus on 1 bracket at a time, use most of ur points that u can get on one event, and do the other sub event for the mission rewards before they end but try and get a top 400 finish for the heroic token...thats what im doing
    So basically use rubberbanding. Which is dependent on your bracket. Which was my point.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have been loving this event so far. It's a really fun storyline, and the missions are interesting and varied. And I have gotten so much iso. It's fantastic. I've been able to level up my Spidey and IM40, and right now I'm sitting at over 12000 and am taking my time deciding how to spend it.

I'd be thrilled with just that; but I just checked and I'm somehow #10 in my main bracket. Last time I looked (a couple of days ago) I was in the 300 range. I haven't been grinding; I mostly play just to get all of the rewards on the repeatable missions (except for the toughest, which I play once if at all). I don't really understand, but I'm not complaining. It's actually nice to know you can make progress in an event like this without having to replay the exact same fight a few hundred times.
  • I heard about some people having their event rewards and missions changed, was it only temporal for them and did they change back or was it permanent. And if the latter, should I worry if my event is still the same as from the start? icon_e_smile.gif
  • Too Easy wrote:

I think a large portion of it comes down to what bracket you get placed in for the sub-events. I think the sub-events get bracketed first-come-first-served, that is, the first 1000 players to enter are in a bracket together, then the next 1000... Not based on prior performance like most brackets.
    I won the first Alaska and have been trying the same strategy you suggest, but there's always been 2-3 people in each of my brackets with WAAAAY more points than I can compete with. Seems like if you get stuck in a bracket with people still low on the main event points, you can't compete for the top in that one.
    Right now I'm trying to figure out when the best time to join a sub-event is. Right away to try to get paired up with over-eager scrubs? Middle of the night to get paired with people who don't play often? Closer to the end of the event? Haven't figured out the sweet spot yet..
  • Twanbon wrote:
    I think the sub-events get bracketed first-come-first-served, that is, the first 1000 players to enter are in a bracket together, then the next 1000... Not based on prior performance like most brackets.

Brackets are ALWAYS first-come, first-served. They are never based on performance, only the matchmaking is, which occurs regardless of bracket.
  • well i just came in first place in alaska for the second time (with 8200 points) where i only place top 400 and 200 in the other two...will probably try and do the same thing for when alaska opens up for a third time
  • Too Easy wrote:
    well i just came in first place in alaska for the second time (with 8200 points) where i only place top 400 and 200 in the other two...will probably try and do the same thing for when alaska opens up for a third time

what's ur total points in a bracket out of curiosity?
  • forgrim wrote:
    Too Easy wrote:
    well i just came in first place in alaska for the second time (with 8200 points) where i only place top 400 and 200 in the other two...will probably try and do the same thing for when alaska opens up for a third time

what's ur total points in a bracket out of curiosity?
    18582, will probably be like 20k by end of tonight...just gunna do the first time missions in florida and savage while they arent worthy much right now...then let the rubber banding take effect when i do alaska
  • Heh, I was in 3rd when it timed out. Between then and when points were tallied, I got knocked down to 4th lol.

All in all, I think having separate brackets for the sub events is a pretty garbage way to do things. It only rewards people that look at the game once every three days.
  • i dont mind missing out on the 500 HP because the effort (and luck) to get it (i got it in the first alaska) is not worth it. I just do the repeatables for the prizes and thats it, hoping to land in the top 400 for a heroic.

I will grind for that top 3 punisher spot though.
  • Didn't even make top 400 in the sub because of my main bracket. I'm not farming the last mission @ 30 pts each. That's okay though, I'm sure I have Punisher on lockdown.
  • Shuino
    Shuino Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    Does anyone know how the points per mission are calculated on time played?

Currently just started The Hunt: The Savage Land and I'm getting about 20 to 30 points per mission yet the top ranked guy in my bracket is well over 5k and I'm at 200 with every event completed but no repeatables. I am not quite understanding how he was able to rack up 5k points in what abour 5 hours playing?
  • Didn't even make top 400 in the sub because of my main bracket. I'm not farming the last mission @ 30 pts each. That's okay though, I'm sure I have Punisher on lockdown.

Man, I wish I could say that... but I seesaw from 2nd to 120th or more in my main bracket. I'm currently 30th.

Meanwhile I didn't start Florida until after Alaska was finished; I finished in the top 50 for that one (first HP reward I've gotten, so also my highest sub-bracket finish). Florida? I have no idea how high I'll manage, but "not very" is the likely answer. Currently 419th with 547 points. 10th place has over 5000. As long as I can finish in the top 400 I'll be ok, but it'd be nice if you could actually consistently finish in the top 100 (but not the top 25).
  • Zathrus wrote:
    Didn't even make top 400 in the sub because of my main bracket. I'm not farming the last mission @ 30 pts each. That's okay though, I'm sure I have Punisher on lockdown.

Man, I wish I could say that... but I seesaw from 2nd to 120th or more in my main bracket. I'm currently 30th.

Meanwhile I didn't start Florida until after Alaska was finished; I finished in the top 50 for that one (first HP reward I've gotten, so also my highest sub-bracket finish). Florida? I have no idea how high I'll manage, but "not very" is the likely answer. Currently 419th with 547 points. 10th place has over 5000. As long as I can finish in the top 400 I'll be ok, but it'd be nice if you could actually consistently finish in the top 100 (but not the top 25).

I'm number one (maybe 2 now, we keep flopping) in Florida. I don't really have a strategy. Jump jets III just happened to be worth 1250 before bed last night and again after work today. That's the only mission I did, and I farmed it to oblivion both times.