The Hunt

1202123252637

Comments

  • I would imagine people that are just joining the meta event can rack up huge numbers in their first batch of missions.
  • OliverTan wrote:
    Alaska and Florida event just started. How the hell do people have over 10000 points in each event????
    it will only get worse. For example, my little.bro who has finals right now I told to join the event and just wait until his finals were done and profit. He will likely be getting near max points every match and it would seem the max per a mission is higher than it probably should be. Therefore only ppl in similar situations will be able to compete with him in that bracket. He will start a bracket and be gaining 500 per a match. Does 10 missions and he will be over 5000 most likely. He won't even have to try to get a top 10 in his first bracket or two...it will basically be handed to him. So anybody can have started on the first or second day and only play a tad duringt he week...then come sat sun or when they have free time finally...and score massive points very quickly.
  • Da **** is going con?

    Just 50% increased power and missions changed just to soldiers
  • ginobilicl wrote:
    Da tinykitty is going con?

    Just 50% increased power and missions changed just to soldiers

    Restart the game. It happens sometimes. That, or do the hardest mission you can for easy points lol. Happened to me once so far this tourney. Finished a match and then it said "updating game" and went back to normal.
  • ginobilicl wrote:
    Da tinykitty is going con?

    Just 50% increased power and missions changed just to soldiers

    Restart the game. It happens sometimes. That, or do the hardest mission you can for easy points lol. Happened to me once so far this tourney. Finished a match and then it said "updating game" and went back to normal.

    icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

    I thought they've changed rules or something. Also somehow i'm in the first place of the Hunt, well probably not anymore.

    Here are some pics of that strange moment

    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30738652/Screenshot_2013-12-10-17-55-49.png
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30738652/Screenshot_2013-12-10-17-54-38.png
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30738652/Screenshot_2013-12-10-17-58-15.png
  • I had the same thing occurs to me.
  • As an update, I haven't been grinding this one much, so I'm falling behind. I'm currently 267th in my main bracket and Last of Em was worth 1800 points. Still don't think I can manage that one without extreme luck.
  • SpoitSpoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    fatcatfan wrote:
    As an update, I haven't been grinding this one much, so I'm falling behind. I'm currently 267th in my main bracket and Last of Em was worth 1800 points. Still don't think I can manage that one without extreme luck.
    TBH, it's mostly luck. My thor, which isn't even max level, pretty much does all the heavy lifting, with just IM40 to provide reds and if I'm paying attention eat a hit or two, which you could do with just one yellow. Or I did it a few times with m. hawkeye, who was just there for his crit multiplier
  • ginobilicl wrote:
    Da tinykitty is going con?

    Just 50% increased power and missions changed just to soldiers

    Restart the game. It happens sometimes. That, or do the hardest mission you can for easy points lol. Happened to me once so far this tourney. Finished a match and then it said "updating game" and went back to normal.
    Just had the same thing happens to me just a hour ago.
  • forgrim wrote:
    rpmurray wrote:
    I finally registered on the forums after being bracketed with... THE LADDER!!!

    But seriously, this event is pretty sweet as long as you have the required characters.

    he's kind, i've bracketted with him before.

    he pushes the rankings high and you give up and not waste too much time. very kind of him.

    I've only just read this, you're the one that's very kind lol. Just making sure I haven't missed some important news or strategy for this event. Can't believe there was such a furore over being in same bracket as me! I've been regularly into the 300s in this event, loving the lack of grinding required icon_e_wink.gif
  • The Ladder wrote:
    loving the lack of grinding required icon_e_wink.gif

    I was grinding hard in case the rubberbanding wasn't enough to get me back in the Punisher running, but I just let things go for about a day to see how far it let me snap back, and I easily top 5'd the main bracket with missions to spare. I'm just placing high (top 50 each time) in Florida for some HP and clearing rewards for Alaska/Savage resets then leaving them alone.

    It's going to be a real ****-shoot in the last 1-2 hours of this event - going to stockpile some ISO for last minute boosts. I'll be happy with Top 50 for a Punisher cover, but getting Top 3 for the rainbow would be sweet!
  • The Ladder wrote:
    loving the lack of grinding required icon_e_wink.gif

    I was grinding hard in case the rubberbanding wasn't enough to get me back in the Punisher running, but I just let things go for about a day to see how far it let me snap back, and I easily top 5'd the main bracket with missions to spare. I'm just placing high (top 50 each time) in Florida for some HP and clearing rewards for Alaska/Savage resets then leaving them alone.

    It's going to be a real ****-shoot in the last 1-2 hours of this event - going to stockpile some ISO for last minute boosts. I'll be happy with Top 50 for a Punisher cover, but getting Top 3 for the rainbow would be sweet!

    Exactly my thought process. Anything above top 50 will be welcome. I decided on Sunday I wasn't grinding, best thing I did. Mop up points on my daily commutes, even snuck into 1st this morning having been 300+ leaving the house. The end will be a crapshoot, but I'll take that over mindless grinding.

    Noticed you in my bracket, good luck icon_e_smile.gif
  • The Ladder wrote:

    Exactly my thought process. Anything above top 50 will be welcome. I decided on Sunday I wasn't grinding, best thing I did. Mop up points on my daily commutes, even snuck into 1st this morning having been 300+ leaving the house. The end will be a crapshoot, but I'll take that over mindless grinding.

    Noticed you in my bracket, good luck icon_e_smile.gif

    Same to you!
  • Shikao wrote:
    Kelbris wrote:
    Decided to bail from class at 1:45 for a few minutes to make sure I went from 469 to under 400 to get a heroic hunt

    Managed to pull it off

    BAM first green widow

    IGNORE YOUR EDUCATION FOR GOOD COVERS

    Haha, good one =D But I think I have better =P

    4AM - wake up for end of weekend tournament (being European sometimes sucks)
    5AM - end of tourney
    6AM - Alaska repeatables
    7AM - End of Alaska, I start normal morning stuff
    9:30AM - EXAM =P

    Shikao, you are one crazy tinykitty thing. You put this euro player to shame. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Bah, got greedy and screwed things up. In first place on the main bracket, but don't think I'm going to get a token for Alaska this time. It will be the first one I didn't place in top 400.
  • Spoit wrote:
    fatcatfan wrote:
    As an update, I haven't been grinding this one much, so I'm falling behind. I'm currently 267th in my main bracket and Last of Em was worth 1800 points. Still don't think I can manage that one without extreme luck.
    TBH, it's mostly luck. My thor, which isn't even max level, pretty much does all the heavy lifting, with just IM40 to provide reds and if I'm paying attention eat a hit or two, which you could do with just one yellow. Or I did it a few times with m. hawkeye, who was just there for his crit multiplier
    I actually managed it with... Ragnarok 4/0 Level 51 and C.Storm 5/4/4 Level 58. And of course Invisible Usefulness. I was a bit lucky with the board, several red matches early on, and of course once you get the ball rolling with that pair there's little that can stop it.
  • Huh, apparently if I play The Hunt on the PC, then only IM40 is boosted, but he's boosted 150%. I guess I'll be playing on Android as I want my 200% buff on M. Hawkeye as well as the buff on Thor. This is weird.

    Edit: And after closing and reopening, it's displaying properly now.
  • SpoitSpoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    So...there's one of those boosts that cost HP for the maggia for the hunt....But I don't recall actually seeing any maggia missions?
  • I love rubberbanding in The Hunt, I think it is finally working as it was intended in the beginning. I am so happy not to have to grind, in fact I spent very little time on The Hunt and still have chance for top rewards <3
    The Ladder wrote:
    Shikao, you are one crazy tinykitty thing. You put this euro player to shame. icon_e_smile.gif

    Haha, I am just a student with too much time... or not really right now with all the exams going icon_lol.gif

    Yesterday:
    1:50 pm Joining DA, doing 4 battles, top 25
    2:00 pm Joining Lightning Round, getting 100 pts
    2:10 pm leaving home
    2:30 Exam

    Just 2 more Exams to go icon_razz.gif
  • Shikao wrote:
    I love rubberbanding in The Hunt, I think it is finally working as it was intended in the beginning. I am so happy not to have to grind, in fact I spent very little time on The Hunt and still have chance for top rewards <3
    The Ladder wrote:
    Shikao, you are one crazy tinykitty thing. You put this euro player to shame. icon_e_smile.gif

    Haha, I am just a student with too much time... or not really right now with all the exams going icon_lol.gif

    Yesterday:
    1:50 pm Joining DA, doing 4 battles, top 25
    2:00 pm Joining Lightning Round, getting 100 pts
    2:10 pm leaving home
    2:30 Exam

    Just 2 more Exams to go icon_razz.gif

    I agree. I barely played it and I just got 1st in Alaska by simply skipping Florida until Alaska runs out. Because the point recharge is no longer capped at 300 like the previous jugg heroic, you can afford to wait until the missions bloat to 1k+ before properly doing them.
Sign In or Register to comment.