Upcoming Change: Character Level Shift

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    too bad I sold my xforce wolverine...
  • Unknown
    Options
    I've updated the tables and calculators in the iso/level doc, and while I was at it, I fixed the calculator for 4*s. I deleted the two copies of the calculator, since they use the old incorrect formula; feel free to make a new copy of the locked sheet if you want to use the calculator yourself.

Yeah, I did this too when I updated my roster tools. I probably should've posted about it here to save you a couple minutes. I'm assuming that you just shifted the data the correct # levels, and that the data points are otherwise the same in terms of ISO accumulation (lmk if I'm wrong here). I also updated the level cap calculator table in my roster sheet at the same time, although that's just 4 cells at the bottom (the base values row in green needed to be updated - rest should still be the same) - if you want to update the main lcap calculator doc.
  • Unknown
    Options
    HIM175 wrote:
    too bad I sold my xforce wolverine...

Why, they didn't boost his sell price?

icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    One of the good things about PvE is that boosted 2*s made them good again, giving me a broader roster... Now that they don't tank for 3*s, they're back to worthless, except OBW and Ares icon_e_sad.gif

Roster diversity everyone
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lakestone wrote:
    Once this goes live, players are recommended to play a Versus match in each of the current active Versus Tournaments to assure the updates take into effect for their own defending teams.

Until that happens, there are a lot of unsuspecting European 3x85 targets awaiting. It's almost worth buying health packs to continue the slaughter. In 2* world anyway, though I guess it's the same in 3* world.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I don't know if anyone has noticed or posted about it but, the characters that have the boost to 166 are showing up as 141 in PvP. Is this because they have not played after the update therefore, the character levels are what they were since the last time they played? Curious to know.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lightening Rounds now feel a little less... lightening.

They are taking longer, more moves have to be made and my characters are actually losing decent chunks of health each time now. Quite noticeable on the 2*s.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't know if anyone has noticed or posted about it but, the characters that have the boost to 166 are showing up as 141 in PvP. Is this because they have not played after the update therefore, the character levels are what they were since the last time they played? Curious to know.

yep you have to play your pvp and simulator to update your def team's levels.
  • killerkoala
    Options
    yogi_ wrote:
    Lightening Rounds now feel a little less... lightening.

They are taking longer, more moves have to be made and my characters are actually losing decent chunks of health each time now. Quite noticeable on the 2*s.

Must buy more "health packs" if you want to play, D3 doesn't want you unless you pay more.
  • Unknown
    Options

Cool thanks
  • Unknown
    Options

Something was updated as my entry matches to doom pvp do show 166 lvl opponents now that were 141s. It was like that from second the patch went live.
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    One one hand I am happy that some of my ignored 3*s are now somewhat playable (in events where Im not worried about defensive losses), but on the other hand, I am just throughly confused about my roster's status and synergy.
  • killerkoala
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:

Something was updated as my entry matches to doom pvp do show 166 lvl opponents now that were 141s. It was like that from second the patch went live.

it could have happened cause when level changed went up, people in europe were probably done for the day/night, so they didn't get a chance to update their roster levels, that's my thoughts
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:

it could have happened cause when level changed went up, people in europe were probably done for the day/night, so they didn't get a chance to update their roster levels, that's my thoughts

It was fairly late in the evening, yes.
  • Unknown
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    These changes are intended to make gaining a brand new rarer character immediately useful for those players topped out or transitioning from one rarity level to another.

The only thing you manage to do is to make the difference between 2* and 3* even worse than before.
    If you wanted to make 3* more playable at low levels, the only simple thing to do was to make their levels grow quicker per additional cover...

Now you quickly have a lvl 50-60 3* hero, great but you have to fight against legion of lvl 166 ones.
    A really bad way to solve yet unsolved major issues.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    These changes are intended to make gaining a brand new rarer character immediately useful for those players topped out or transitioning from one rarity level to another.

The only thing you manage to do is to make the difference between 2* and 3* even worse than before.

If you wanted to make 3* more playable at low levels, the only simple thing to do was to make their levels grow quicker per additional cover...

Now you quickly have a lvl 50-60 3* hero, great but you have to fight against legion of lvl 166 ones.
    A really bad way to solve yet unsolved major issues.
    Working as intended. The point is to try to get people to transition, even if it costs them $$$
  • Unknown
    Options
    My experience with the change:

First I should say I have lots of maxed 2* but no really usable 3*.

- Matches take longer.
    - I lose more health as a result.
    - Also true healing.
    - Naturally it's harder to transition to 3* now unless you have 1 or 2 good 3* in which case you've already transitioned.
  • Unknown
    Options
    KevinMark wrote:

- Matches take longer.
    - Also true healing.
    - Naturally it's harder to transition to 3* now unless you have 1 or 2 good 3* in which case you've already transitioned.

1 or 2 good 3* isn't already transitioned.

I've got Hulk, Patch and Punisher maxed, and it's pretty much a disaster. None of them are bad characters, but they are a bad team, and they're good enough to place me right in the middle of Sentry, Lazy Thor, C Mag and company.
  • Unknown
    Options
    KevinMark wrote:

- Matches take longer.
    - Also true healing.

I've got Hulk, Patch and Punisher maxed, and it's pretty much a disaster. None of them are bad characters, but they are a bad team, and they're good enough to place me right in the middle of Sentry, Lazy Thor, C Mag and company.
    Actually what I meant by my previous statement that when you have 1 or 2 3* chars, you'll be fighting against 3*s. Thus, we agree. I think.
  • Unknown
    Options
    KevinMark wrote:
    KevinMark wrote:

- Matches take longer.
    - Also true healing.

Actually what I meant by my previous statement that when you have 1 or 2 3* chars, you'll be fighting against 3*s. Thus, we agree. I think.

I think we do too. Good stuff.