Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I managed to get this response for this:

oAEe53K.png
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This level shift will create the ILLUSION of effectiveness.

An illusion that will shatter when someone prematurely invests ISOs only to learn that level don't mean jack if you don't have the covers invested.

I think D3 is then hoping that player will spend cash to buy covers and more ISOs to complete the leveling.

There will be no benefit to the players.

In fact, with the increase in health this will provide, healing recovery from battle will take more time. So, the recent increase in healing rates will be negated and the time to complete will be pretty much what is was before the change.

Net effect of this change coupled with "True (bend over the players) Healing":
    1. Some Players may spend a bit more cash in the short term to complete heroes
    2. Players will get even less overall play time
    3. Players will inadvertently, and earlier than usual, cross the dreaded MMR 100 level barrier
    4. More Players will exit the game in frustration
    5. D3 will suffer financially

If D3 was serious about diversity of roster, the change to "True Healing" would have been PRECEDED by:
    1. Improvement of subpar heroes - or at least a detailed plan who and what would be changed
    2. Increase in ISO availability to allow for the leveling of heroes - not worth the investment until you complete the hero
    3. Improvement in the methods to acquire needed covers without those stupid low percentage monster packs that only a fool would invest in more than once - unless he did it on day 1

I am already burning out on this game due to the frustration of not being able to play and, even with my small roster (only 7 fully covered heroes - 1* & 2*), 95% of the covers I get are ones I can't use.
  • Unknown
    Options
    orionpeace wrote:

3. Players will inadvertently, and earlier than usual, cross the dreaded MMR 100 level barrier.

I got my Hulk to 102 and have yet to find a wall of 141s everyone keeps talking about.
  • Unknown
    Options
    AkaTobi_85 wrote:
    orionpeace wrote:

3. Players will inadvertently, and earlier than usual, cross the dreaded MMR 100 level barrier.

I got my Hulk to 102 and have yet to find a wall of 141s everyone keeps talking about.

My people are at 110 and I never saw it. You mmr creeps up over time, but tanking works as well now as it did 30 levels ago.
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    AkaTobi_85 wrote:
    orionpeace wrote:

IceIX himself said that, that was subject to various factors and in the end falls down to your specific MMR.
    Just because it didn't happen to you doesn't mean it hasn't. cant, or wont happen to someone else.

Enjoy your good fortune.
  • Unknown
    Options
    This change actually makes a lot of sense. If you're a fairly new player and get a new 2* or 3* that character will actually have some value. For those already with a good 2* roster the change is meh. I could see the new under covered but higher level characters seeing some use in PvE, especially those that haven't cleared the base story mode. Those under covered characters might see some use in competitive PvE as filler characters when out of health packs or your mains are downed. Don't expect to see them in PvP though unless you're still a pretty green player and still in 1* territory.

On the flip side. Those with developed rosters that are ISO starved may actually be able to play with a highly covered 2/3* that you haven't spent much ISO on. It's still limited to PvE primarily.

I would rather have seen the starting level bump, but leave the max level where it was at and just increase the iso cost per level (would still work out to the same ISO to cap level). This would be similar to other MMORPGs where after a certain point you can create a new character at a higher level instead of starting at level 1, but the level cap is still the same.

By doing a level shift they're adding power creep to the game. It has a good chance of defeating the purpose of diversity since your main characters will drive up your MMR in both PvP and PvE making that new lvl 40 3* useless much like the lvl 15 is now. Long story short, nothing really changes.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    orionpeace wrote:

An illusion that will shatter when someone prematurely invests ISOs only to learn that level don't mean jack if you don't have the covers invested.

I think D3 is then hoping that player will spend cash to buy covers and more ISOs to complete the leveling.

In fact, with the increase in health this will provide, healing recovery from battle will take more time. So, the recent increase in healing rates will be negated and the time to complete will be pretty much what is was before the change.

3. Players will inadvertently, and earlier than usual, cross the dreaded MMR 100 level barrier

If D3 was serious about diversity of roster, the change to "True Healing" would have been PRECEDED by:
    1. Improvement of subpar heroes - or at least a detailed plan who and what would be changed
    2. Increase in ISO availability to allow for the leveling of heroes - not worth the investment until you complete the hero
    3. Improvement in the methods to acquire needed covers without those stupid low percentage monster packs that only a fool would invest in more than once - unless he did it on day 1

I am already burning out on this game due to the frustration of not being able to play and, even with my small roster (only 7 fully covered heroes - 1* & 2*), 95% of the covers I get are ones I can't use.

Here's the skinny. Players with solid 2* decks were able to be semi competive against lower tiered 3* decks to where it made no sense to play with your 3*'s. Say you have OBW/Ares/Thor and you see a guy with a lvl 100 Pun/Hood/Cap. You are going hit them and win even though they are higher leveled they just aren't that good yet. But...with level bumps, all of asudden those guys are more like 120 lvl guys and they aren't as easy to push over. Essentially this makes it easier to move into 3*'s as your not maxed 3*'s are semi competive and will actually be better than 2*'s you are running. And you are more apt to buy a cover to just push that 2/4/5 L.Thor into 2/5/5 or 3/5/5. The 3*'s benefit most from this more than any other tier percentage wise.
  • Unknown
    Options
    This change is going to make it harder for maxed 2* characters to compete with 3*, while doing nothing to bridge the progression gap between high end players and mid tier players. Today I can use a 2* with a couple of 3* and do ok, but with the level shift that will be a much less attractive option. I'm not going to expand roster slots to accommodate this, instead I'm going to sell 2* characters off that I no longer have a use for. The number of characters I actually use will shrink, and my overall roster will become less diverse and less interesting.
  • DD-The-Mighty
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    orionpeace wrote:

Here's the skinny. Players with solid 2* decks were able to be semi competive against lower tiered 3* decks to where it made no sense to play with your 3*'s. Say you have OBW/Ares/Thor and you see a guy with a lvl 100 Pun/Hood/Cap. You are going hit them and win even though they are higher leveled they just aren't that good yet. But...with level bumps, all of asudden those guys are more like 120 lvl guys and they aren't as easy to push over. Essentially this makes it easier to move into 3*'s as your not maxed 3*'s are semi competive and will actually be better than 2*'s you are running. And you are more apt to buy a cover to just push that 2/4/5 L.Thor into 2/5/5 or 3/5/5. The 3*'s benefit most from this more than any other tier percentage wise.
    true the already optimized 3*s benefit from this. But anyone with low and incomplete bad builds in their 3's are going to be in the same boat that they are now. So unless the they plan to change the drastic functionality and power bump differences your covers give, All this does is put more pressure on you to get more 3* covers and the system does all it can to make sure you don't get them. And really, "competitive" does not get you covers when your sharded into a bracket full of heavy hitters and hardcore grinders. There are so many things that need to be addressed before we really see some significant changes.

I got no problem with them wanting to further separate the rarities but as long as the 3* cover system remains as **** as it currently is it will not make it smoother to transition to 3's by run **** 3*s. it may end up being roughly the same (run a mid covered 3*) or outright lose running a maxed 2*.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I do think this will help diversify rosters for those transitioning from 2* to 3*... it won't help low covered 3* characters-- in many ways a shift doesn't do anything GOOD, but doesn't do anything BAD either -- in the end it's the same, just some more health (which isn't drastic enough to affect healing times that much).

In particular, it will help 2* players who have decently covered 3* that power cap in the 100s/110s. They don't have all the covers, but enough that the skills are useful. They can actually swap these 3* in and they would be usable with their 2* roster as well.

Think about this. 2*s' got +9 levels, while 3*s' got +25 levels. This allows 3*s' to "Catch up" to the effectiveness of 2*s' at a quicker rate, since it now needs less levels overall to close the gap (and of course go a bit above level 96).

And of course a decently covered 3* will be (probably) better than the players that are sticking with 1*s-- these players will slowly overtime get 3* covers through tourneys/tokens/etc (tokens matter to these guys!)
  • Unknown
    Options
    eidehua wrote:
    I do think this will help diversify rosters for those transitioning from 2* to 3*... it won't help low covered 3* characters-- in many ways a shift doesn't do anything GOOD, but doesn't do anything BAD either

Unless it messes up the fine-tuned leveling for teamwork and color ownership -- that's to be seen.
  • DD-The-Mighty
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    eidehua wrote:
    I do think this will help diversify rosters for those transitioning from 2* to 3*... it won't help low covered 3* characters-- in many ways a shift doesn't do anything GOOD, but doesn't do anything BAD either

Unless it messes up the fine-tuned leveling for teamwork and color ownership -- that's to be seen.
    Hm very true. A great example is say you like Loki (like i do), and you have a decent amount of covers to use his abilities. He is a great anti daken if you have enough covers early in your 2* game. but he is pretty squishy for a 3* so you want to level him up to take some more hits. You have a maxed/near maxed Ares/Thor/purple/black user with most to all of your covers and a nice fat stack of health for him to hind behind. So its actually smarter to keep his level under control because the last thing you want is max him out to the soft cap and now hes facetanking say, Green, a colour he is strong in but does not give him anything, exposing him to unneeded damage. As anyone who has ever run a semi leveled Loki in LR can attest to, this can really screw with your balanced roster. This new change may really screw with that until you can get him maxed or outleveled.

Not a game breaker, but something to point out.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We really could use a good purple/black 3* (probably DA), other than daken's passives that is.
  • Leugenesmiff
    Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well, I can't say as of yet that I understand how this is going to effect the game, but if I was to guess, going by how the majority of large changes since launch have changed things, it's not going to be advantageous to anyone except for our friends at D3. I could be wrong though. This could be a good change like True Healing, no wait, like real lightning round awards, no, um, oh yeah, like Funballancing, no that sucked too. Never mind, this is going hurt.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hey, geniuses! People aren't not leveling up and playing with 3 and 4 stars because playing with Yelena, Bag Man, and Moonstone is so much fun or somehow easier. It's because your rewards system is so horrible it takes forever to get enough covers of the same character to field good teams. And now it's going to be harder to win with next tier characters you may have 4-6 covers in each, if that? Great.
    I really do hope there's at least a partial hidden agenda behind this and True Healing. Because if both are really just for the reasons you've mentioned, then this show is being run by morons.
    I almost forgot, someone there really thinks people aren't holding onto new characters because they don't see their value in the game? Really? It couldn't possibly be because cover slots are so freaking expensive, especially with all the new characters thrust at us. Come on.
  • Unknown
    Options
    IceIX wrote:

We've discussed a Level Cap Tourney internally, as well as a Star Restricted Tourney (so you get say, 6 stars that you can apportion how you want). We still need to solve the problem of how to make the special rules Tourneys actually effective for the user base though. Currently, every time we ran them with few exceptions, fewer people played and fewer people purchased stuff during them, making them pretty well unsuccessful as effective Tournies. We love the idea of those styles, but we need to solve the problem of how to get and keep people interested in them to bring them up to snuff first.

Yay, variation of my Six Star Shootout suggestion was at least pondered on if nothing else! And on the last sentence about bringing people to invest on events: make the prizes lucrative enough. Nobody fights fiercely for Loki or GSBW covers but 3* Thor, Storm, Daken for example? Might be a totally different story. So wave us a fat carrot on those experimental events and see what happens.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I dont see anything positive from it alone ... It could be better if 80% of characters werent so underwhelming and d3 werent trying to nerf the other 20% ....
    for example I have a fully covered im40 ... he is pretty much a 2* stars compared to other chars ...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Question - will my characters automatically be leveled to where they "should be" with this change?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Question - will my characters automatically be leveled to where they "should be" with this change?

Apparently so. Meaning that your roster's current 2-4* characters will also get a raise to their original level. So no need to grind 25 extra levels for those maxed 3*s! icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ariakos wrote:

Apparently so. Meaning that your roster's current 2-4* characters will also get a raise to their original level. So no need to grind 25 extra levels for those maxed 3*s! icon_e_wink.gif
    Ariakos wrote:
    So no need to grind 25 extra levels for those maxed 3*s! icon_e_wink.gif
    Ariakos wrote:
    extra levels for those maxed 3*s! icon_e_wink.gif
    Ariakos wrote:
    those maxed 3*s! icon_e_wink.gif

U so funny

But thanks for the answer. icon_e_smile.gif