Upcoming Change: Character Level Shift

Options

Comments

• Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I'd double-check it against the old ISO calculator:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai8adEfc_eHKdG9WbE1lVGpoZUtneEQ1RGxMeWpKVUE#gid=2

All of my characters check out just fine, either those that were completely un-leveled or were at some random level.

I think if you're short on ISO (especially if you're short on ISO + a Motherlode), the ISO amounts look low.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2014
    Options
    My ISO costs for character leveling seem to be the same for 3* characters as before. Are you sure the cost is to raise your character to the same level? The "level to" button always capped out at your current ISO + the largest ISO bundle in the store. Maybe it's just capping out at a higher relative level now?

Edit: I am seeing some slight differences with 2* character leveling but nothing major, around a 5-10 ISO difference for a few additional levels.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I keep track of my characters levels and ISO needed to max. The link is always in my sig. I had to update ISO amounts for at least five characters. Some were fine, while some needed a ton of extra ISO to max out.
    mags1587 wrote:
    My ISO costs for character leveling seem to be the same for 3* characters as before. Are you sure the cost is to raise your character to the same level? The "level to" button always capped out at your current ISO + the largest ISO bundle in the store. Maybe it's just capping out at a higher relative level now?

That doesn't make sense. The pink button always shows what you need to max it out, not your current ISO + the largest bundle in the store. It clearly is saying I need more ISO to level these characters.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I agree with Nemek. I logged into my account to check this, and the ISO costs showed in game match up with what my old version of the roster sheet says it should cost for the characters.

One thing that does seem to be different is that 3*'s shifted more levels than 2"s so you're at more of a disadvantage if you haven't transitioned to 3"s yet. That is, 3"s do more tile damage earlier, in comparison to their 2" counterparts (and same can be said for 2* vs 1*).
  • Unknown
    Options
    Thought this meant level cap increased not characters auto leveled, I want all my characters that were at 85 put back to 85, my roster is now lop sided and I don't like it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The calculator indeed shows the same value, possibly I misremembered.
  • Unknown
    Options
    And don't forget 4*'s just got a huge buff.

Fear the Fury.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    AkaTobi_85 wrote:
    mags1587 wrote:

That doesn't make sense. The pink button always shows what you need to max it out, not your current ISO + the largest bundle in the store. It clearly is saying I need more ISO to level these characters.

No, it shows only the max level you can afford based on current ISO + the largest bundle you could buy in the store. I just checked this against my X-Force Wolvie and it's the same. I could level him to 229 based on the covers I have but the button will only take him to level 183.
  • Unknown
    Options
    UGH... now all the characters I kept soft capped so OBW can espionage match have been thrown out of whack and OBW no longer tanks....
  • Unknown
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Okay, I looked through with a fine-toothed comb, and there were some minor aberrations, but IMHO nothing outside the realm of rounding errors. For instance, a 2* used to cost 69524 to level to 85, now it's 69530 to 94. That 6 ISO really is gonna kill you. There were a couple characters that showed slightly different amounts, but w/in the realm of a few thousand. My Doom actually costs less now by ~5k ISO. Maybe we need to tweak the ISO spend calculator a little (or alternatively maybe there're some glitches they need to fix, but the rest of my roster matched 1:1 what it said ISO costs should. Those that didn't were within 100 ISO, and there were only a couple more than that. It probably is worthwhile for the devs to note that there do seem to be discrepancies in select cases, but overall ISO costs display what they should be displaying (at least for me).
  • Unknown
    Options
    AkaTobi_85 wrote:
    I keep track of my characters levels and ISO needed to max. The link is always in my sig. I had to update ISO amounts for at least five characters. Some were fine, while some needed a ton of extra ISO to max out.
    mags1587 wrote:

This is actually incorrect. The pink button shows you the ISO cost to level to max or a fixed number of levels, whichever is lower. If max is more levels than that amount, it shows the amount to level to a seemingly arbitrary level, which may have changed since the level shift. But the ISO costs really should match up.
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I agree with Nemek. I logged into my account to check this, and the ISO costs showed in game match up with what my old version of the roster sheet says it should cost for the characters.

One thing that does seem to be different is that 3*'s shifted more levels than 2"s so you're at more of a disadvantage if you haven't transitioned to 3"s yet. That is, 3"s do more tile damage earlier, in comparison to their 2" counterparts (and same can be said for 2* vs 1*).

Cosigned on this.
    I compared my LThor (former 12/13 lvl85) vs a 2* Thor (former 13/13 lvl 85)
    Under the old levels a lvl 85 LThor did slightly less match damage than 2* thor at lvl 85. but made up for it by hitting way harder on his skills
    Now at 3* 110(85) vs 2* 94(85) Lazy Thor does slightly more match damage on top of ap skill damage.

Essentially theyve pushed me out of the 85 mmr bracket. so my mmr will probably go to sh*t. But it really makes no difference since im in death bracket hell anyway. so this really doesn't change much for me.
  • ProfessorGumby
    ProfessorGumby Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Options
    AkaTobi_85 wrote:
    I thought the ISO needed to max would be the same? Some of my fully covered 2* characters are needing an extra ~10,000 ISO to go the extra 9 levels. What gives? Now I'm even farther behind maxing them out :\

I had/have 7 characters that all are short ISO from either being maxed (2*), or at least maxing them to their current covers (3*).

The amount before and after the level shift is exactly the same for me.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Btw, now we have to rewrite ALL stats in MPQ Wiki from scratch... icon_e_sad.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    IMO this change highlights even more the need for better respec options. Beyond that, I like it, I think it's a step in the right direction... It just kinda screws certain things. Like keeping certain characters below cap to ensure that they don't tank the wrong colors. That strategy now is often going to need a whole new set of covers - not a great option.
  • Unknown
    Options
    OTERSEY wrote:
    Btw, now we have to rewrite ALL stats in MPQ Wiki from scratch... icon_e_sad.gif

I'm sure that will not be necessary with MPQ's wonderful public/customer relations department icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think the amount displayed on the 'instant level up' button may have increased because Mother Lode is worth more iso 8 now due to the recent change.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Suggestions:

Call "Lightning" rounds something else, since it takes longer to take down a 60 than it did a 23.

Give Bullseye/Daken 2* third abilities PRONTO, they end up the same level as 3*'s really fast. I only have two covers of the 4*'s, and they are 74's while the two-ability 2*'s are 78. My 1/4/0 and 1/2/3 3*'s are tied with the 2*'s at 78...that doesn't seem right. Suddenly two (of the already few) 2* characters seem even more pointless.

Question:

I had only one 3* that could go beyond 85 before, I left him at 85. Now I have 110/102/102 and all the 94's: will this put me in MMR hell (which is why I was avoiding going past 85)? What level is the maximum I can put a character to before hitting that MMR hell now?

On first look I like the changes, and understand the push (hey everyone, use your 2* Moonstone instead of your 1* Storm). Now the 2* teams will be even less able to compete with 3*, and 3*'s say they don't want to use OBW as much anymore because of this.

That + no OBW for competing for 2*'s + new extra 3* characters every other week = even more impossible to go 2*->3*.

So....maybe return healing to what it was to help the 2*'s out... :whistle:
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My 9 cover 3*** now do seem to be better than my fully covered 2**s. And this change certainly makes a huge difference in the Lightning Round since I can field a team of 9 cover 3*** who then get the 50% buff. Haven't been attacked by a 2** team yet. So this will definitely get me out of the Ares/OBW comfort zone and experiment with some of the 3***'s who weren't quite useful. But I too worry about then getting stuck going up against a sold wall of 161 level characters. Guess I'll just have to wait and see...
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    I've updated the tables and calculators in the iso/level doc, and while I was at it, I fixed the calculator for 4*s. I deleted the two copies of the calculator, since they use the old incorrect formula; feel free to make a new copy of the locked sheet if you want to use the calculator yourself.