Dark Avengers Heroic: June 27 - July 3

Options

Comments

• morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Went into the last "sub" with ~88k and just now got 100k icon_e_wink.gif feels damn good since I put only like an hour or so into every sub starting 5 hours before it ended... hoping that this type of PvE continues from now on - it's so damn relaxing to start late, grab 1st in brackets and be able to finish in a good place (now at 3rd but I seriously don't care about baglady)
  • Unknown
    Options
    morgh wrote:
    Went into the last "sub" with ~88k and just now got 100k icon_e_wink.gif feels damn good since I put only like an hour or so into every sub starting 5 hours before it ended... hoping that this type of PvE continues from now on - it's so damn relaxing to start late, grab 1st in brackets and be able to finish in a good place (now at 3rd but I seriously don't care about baglady)

So I don't need to keep grinding as much to keep her bagliness?

Although, I don't think it would be me you'd overtake, but probably that Boom2 person in 2nd.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    iPulzzz wrote:
    Hey bracket buddies, sorry my phone got busted yesterday morning so I can't play catch up.. Taking Too much headbutt it seems icon_e_biggrin.gif

Luckily last hours play on the last sub put me in top10.. Somehow I got a hunch those main nodes won't be what we expected, so I grinded the last sub hard.. Guess I was right icon_e_biggrin.gif

Lol...no worries...looks like you're still in the party. But please, quit hogging all the beer!

Hey Dave,

Your old buddies want to know if you know which alliance is in 9th place!

icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I know dead horse and all that, but my blood just boils when I see the players that are ahead of me... and see my main bracket leader's best possible roster for this event being: 40 She-Hulk, 40 Wolv, and 29 Bag-Man.

That's right... Bag-Man. icon_eek.gif

/sigh

I don't even..... I'm done with this event before I blow a gasket over this. icon_evil.gif
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    iPulzzz wrote:
    Hey bracket buddies, sorry my phone got busted yesterday morning so I can't play catch up.. Taking Too much headbutt it seems icon_e_biggrin.gif

Luckily last hours play on the last sub put me in top10.. Somehow I got a hunch those main nodes won't be what we expected, so I grinded the last sub hard.. Guess I was right icon_e_biggrin.gif

Lol...no worries...looks like you're still in the party. But please, quit hogging all the beer!

Hey Dave,

Your old buddies want to know if you know which alliance is in 9th place!

icon_mrgreen.gif

of course I do! Always lookin' out for my buddies at my old digs. Congrats too! You guys are kickin' some pve butt icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    1 Logia 105519
    2 Tydobbs 102378
    3 Jozier 102378
    4 Kiddicarus 102374

Guess you can be the jerk to Ty, or accept my masterful play icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:
    I know dead horse and all that, but my blood just boils when I see the players that are ahead of me... and see my main bracket leader's best possible roster for this event being: 40 She-Hulk, 40 Wolv, and 29 Bag-Man.

That's right... Bag-Man. icon_eek.gif

/sigh

I don't even..... I'm done with this event before I blow a gasket over this. icon_evil.gif

Oh yeah, that's another reason why I'm basically in PvE for the tokens and iso and not trying for the overall prizes these days, and only going for that in PvP. Competing against people who are absolutely not playing the same game as me.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2014
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    1 Logia 106189
    2 Tydobbs 102980
    3 Kiddicarus 102976
    4 Jozier 102378

Jozier - fixed that for you!

edit: ooh thorfinn making the push - this will be tricky
  • tbighead21
    tbighead21 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Really enjoyed these last 12 hours. I missed out on 100k but it's ok. No rubber banding at the end is nice.
  • Unknown
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    I said highest points first because those are going to regenerate the most in hour or so of grinding all the other nodes and he needs to milk every point out of it.

As for your question, skipping around lets each stack refresh slightly (I think points go up a little every 5 minutes or something), but it's not likely to matter. Especially now that there's no rubberbanding the order is literally not important. I would give myself 1.5 hours to clear everything down to 1, and maybe just start with the highest points and grind each stack as it comes since you can get used to beating them like that. Should at least give you enough time grind down all the high point ones.
    It was a good suggestion, but I hit Dead Air right at 10:00 and ground it down to nothing as fast as I could, followed by the other right side nodes, and Dead Air still isn't at fifty yet. The 1000 points just isn't there, no way no how icon_e_sad.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    man i am loving this no rubberband, dont have to murder myself and buy healthpacks to hold onto top 10 and now will have my first maxed 3*!(well when i get 20k more iso)
  • Unknown
    Options
    kidicarus wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    1 Logia 106189
    2 Tydobbs 102980
    3 Kiddicarus 102976
    4 Jozier 102378

Thorfinn out of nowhere for 3rd. Impressive.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Clintman, Waytooeasy and 5 more people did the perfect entering magic: at very end of sub, I guess profiting from max rubberband. Then appearing in the last leg with 20k+ points so #1 without possible catch. (max points were ~2210x9).

Rubberband was turned off in the main nodes this time -- what is a good thing as with even the lightest we saw people could have made like 90k points entering for last 12 hours only...
  • Deathclaw
    Deathclaw Posts: 59
    Options
    Holy **** did this event screw me.

I've been trying to play as steadily as I could, steady points, getting my refreshes done, needed about 7500 at the end, even a moderate rubber and would get me to 100k...and guess what? Random gameplay change.

So i'm finishing with just over 99k points. No She-Hulk for me.

Don't see the point in playing if the points/rewards are going to arbitrarily change. With no goal, and no way to know how the mechanics work, trying to plan for the long progression rewards is a **** shoot, and I should probably find better things to do with my time than the PvEs.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Deathclaw wrote:

I've been trying to play as steadily as I could, steady points, getting my refreshes done, needed about 7500 at the end, even a moderate rubber and would get me to 100k...and guess what? Random gameplay change.

Don't see the point in playing if the points/rewards are going to arbitrarily change. With no goal, and no way to know how the mechanics work, trying to plan for the long progression rewards is a **** shoot, and I should probably find better things to do with my time than the PvEs.

Same :/

I... it's not like I wanted the She-Hulk cover or anything, baka!!!

(side question: why doesn't "tsundere she-hulk" turn up any good results on google?)
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    kidicarus wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    1 Logia 106189
    2 Tydobbs 102980
    3 Kiddicarus 102976
    4 Jozier 102378

Thorfinn out of nowhere for 3rd. Impressive.

2nd no less, very well done. Commiserations to Tydobbs and GG jozier icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Grats to immortal rage and Junkies for the wins!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Took first with a little over a 1k lead on second. Top five of us got the red cover.
    Overall a very nice and fairly relaxed event. Wasn't a huge fan of the noon end times on the subs... or at least I wouldn't have been if I had work this week. But the finish was very good.
    Don't get me wrong, I take advantage of the rubberband in the end of most events, as pretty much everyone on the forums does. But it's nice to know that while I could lose some places, I probably couldn't have been dislodged from top 10 if I went into the last 12 hours in first.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Thanks to sleep (hello fellow Asians... and Australians?) I missed quite a few refreshes, woke up to #16 from #6, grinded to top 10. Came to work, saw myself at #14 with tight competition in place, #10 being more than 2000 pts away, and some nodes not fully refreshed.
    I decided to be stubborn - I was #1 in all subs, why would I give up now to some 2* rosters without a single maxed Punisher in top 10? Grinded like a madman, depleting some nodes to 1, got to #6 in the last 10 minutes and finished there.
    The event had a good structure and is the first in a while for me to get top 10, but hopefully the next one has a meh prize again. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • tbighead21
    tbighead21 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Deathclaw wrote:

7500 in the last 12 hours wasn't to difficult.