Dark Avengers Heroic: June 27 - July 3

Options

Comments

• kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ended sub 3 with about 96.5k and grinded the nodes to get my 100k before going to bed. Woke up to find that i'm still comfortably at #2 - only reason for me to play now is to be the **** who denies IW covers to someone who needs it.

Tydobbs - I don't know who you are but I'm rooting for you!

edit: well jozier's there too but I guess he's just going for the 100k cover unless he wants to be that ****!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    These final nodes feel like a really cool victory lap, nice and easy.

THIS is how a 7 day event should end, not with a mad scramble that invalidates all previous days' efforts.

Thank you, devs.

I feel invalidated. I was 1st in every sub and in the main until now. I'm in Asia, so my time is opposite everyone else. Having a 12 hour event where I'm sleeping 8 of the hours with no rubberbanding pretty much means I've been completely invalidated. I'm not trying to hate on d3 or anything; I'm just saying, I feel pretty invalidated. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I started at rank 9 and dropped to 12.
    #4-7 have 100,000
    8-9 have 99,000
    10 have 98,000
    11-12 have 97,000
    13-15 have 95,000

I have 97,330, not sure if I'll make 100k, or if I should start grinding last 60, 90, or 120 minutes.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    iPulzzz wrote:
    Hey bracket buddies, sorry my phone got busted yesterday morning so I can't play catch up.. Taking Too much headbutt it seems icon_e_biggrin.gif

Luckily last hours play on the last sub put me in top10.. Somehow I got a hunch those main nodes won't be what we expected, so I grinded the last sub hard.. Guess I was right icon_e_biggrin.gif

Lol...no worries...looks like you're still in the party. But please, quit hogging all the beer!
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I started at rank 9 and dropped to 12.
    #4-7 have 100,000
    8-9 have 99,000
    10 have 98,000
    11-12 have 97,000
    13-15 have 95,000

I have 97,330, not sure if I'll make 100k, or if I should start grinding last 60, 90, or 120 minutes.

If you do each of the nodes once when they are at full points, you will be at 99540. Think you will be okay for crossing 100k with just a little grinding.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Talahamut wrote:
    By my calculations, with optimal play I'm gonna end up about 2000 short of She-Hulk tonight. Fantastic! icon_redface.gif
    My nodes won't hit full for another 50 minutes and I've got 92300 points... I'm pretty sure I can't make it either icon_e_sad.gif
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    Talahamut wrote:
    By my calculations, with optimal play I'm gonna end up about 2000 short of She-Hulk tonight. Fantastic! icon_redface.gif
    My nodes won't hit full for another 50 minutes and I've got 92300 points... I'm pretty sure I can't make it either icon_e_sad.gif
    Full clear of everything down to 1 is 6630, you just have to find another 1000 points, which might be doable if you hit the highest point nodes first, then grind everything else down and do high point grind last (letting the points refresh while you do the others). You also might be playing nonstop for the next 2 hours once they refresh, but good luck!
  • kidicarus
    Options
    AznLyte wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

THIS is how a 7 day event should end, not with a mad scramble that invalidates all previous days' efforts.

Thank you, devs.

I feel invalidated. I was 1st in every sub and in the main until now. I'm in Asia, so my time is opposite everyone else. Having a 12 hour event where I'm sleeping 8 of the hours with no rubberbanding pretty much means I've been completely invalidated. I'm not trying to hate on d3 or anything; I'm just saying, I feel pretty invalidated. icon_e_sad.gif

I think that complaint is pretty unsubstantiated. A lot of us guys at a-force are Asia based and have been able to place well in this event.

what you should have done is if you were serious about getting 1st and still wanting to get some sleep was.

1. In the last refresh of the last sub, if you were indeed playing optimally before, grind everything down as low as possible. This carries over to your main and are basically points that your opponents will have to overcome. In my case, I had a 3000 point lead over 2nd place in my sub.
    2. As soon as the main nodes opened, grind the nodes down so that the refresh timers are synchronised with the amount of sleep you need to get. Overnight you will still lose points but you will be in a strong position to take down 1st. That's all.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In my bracket:
    #1 - The Merely Magnificent Moon Roach at 104127
    #2 - Nupabeast at 101358 and climbing,
    #10 - pchuan11 at 98263
    #11 - Can't see

She-Hulk, OBW and Wolverine are dead on their feet, no health packs, no node left with more than 50 points, lunch is over, lets see how far I fall in the next 2 hours and 25 minutes or so. Not that I can check until about 30 minutes after it finishes...
  • Unknown
    edited July 2014
    Options
    kidicarus wrote:
    Ended sub 3 with about 96.5k and grinded the nodes to get my 100k before going to bed. Woke up to find that i'm still comfortably at #2 - only reason for me to play now is to be the **** who denies IW covers to someone who needs it.

edit: well jozier's there too but I guess he's just going for the 100k cover unless he wants to be that ****!

Looks like you're the **** icon_e_wink.gif

You're obviously not rooting for Tydobbs much since you've now asked him to grind out an extra 1500 instead of 400.

EDIT: Make that 1800. Greedy greedy you are.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Very surprised at the extremely soft finish to this event. Unusually cupcake ending in contrast to quite a buildup of difficulty earlier in the event.

That said, the lack of a rubberband is a rather strong kick in the teeth.

Fortunately for me, I had the personal foresight to check for a rubberband as I was heading out for the afternoon. Realized there was no rubberband and I had to grind the remaining 7k the hard way to reach She-Hulk. Mysteriously suffered an unprecedented number of "bathroom breaks" today. I'm fortunate that my account is on mobile because this has to suck hard for the players on Steam.
  • danae
    danae Posts: 101
    Options
    I was wondering if there was going to be insane rubberbanding in the main bracket which would allow me to shoot to Top 10 or so even though I've been hanging around Top 150 all throughout the event. I have to say that even though I will be missing out on getting SheHulk rewards and a higher placing, I'm glad how they implemented the main event node. I always felt guilty (well a tiny bit at least) when I just had to play the last hour or so to take someone's Top 10 placing who actually placed well in the main bracket all throughout the event.

A plus with this implementation as well is that I have a pretty good idea that I won't be able to break into the next level of reward grouping nor fall out of the one I'm currently in so I don't need to waste my time grinding 20 ISOs for nothing. As mentioned by others, it would have been nice if they announced this before the event started but hopefully, they keep this same format for all other future PVEs with subs.
  • kidicarus
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    kidicarus wrote:

You're obviously not rooting for Tydobbs much since you've now asked him to grind out an extra 1500 instead of 400.

I am! It was basically because you were pushing 2nd and I wasn't going to let you finish ahead of me!
  • Unknown
    Options
    kidicarus wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    kidicarus wrote:

I am! It was basically because you were pushing 2nd and I wasn't going to let you finish ahead of me!

Doesn't look like Ty or the other guy want to grind up to 2nd anyway.
  • kidicarus
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    Doesn't look like Ty or the other guy want to grind up to 2nd anyway.

We may have to settle this mano a mano classic star trek style.

I was gunning for top 10 and 100k progression reward so the extra 1k iso is just the cherry on top. So you're right - it is greedy. Sometimes this game makes me feel so bad - AND YET SO GOOD AT THE SAME TIME!
  • Unknown
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    Talahamut wrote:
    Full clear of everything down to 1 is 6630, you just have to find another 1000 points, which might be doable if you hit the highest point nodes first, then grind everything else down and do high point grind last (letting the points refresh while you do the others). You also might be playing nonstop for the next 2 hours once they refresh, but good luck!

If you were going to do the highest nodes first and/or grind to 1 before event ends how many minutes before it ends should you start and do you keep skipping around to whatever has the highest points or stay on same one until it starts giving out 1 point?
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    icon_e_confused.gif By my calculations I will not get Miss Jennifer by +/-3500. More grinding next time.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    Talahamut wrote:

If you were going to do the highest nodes first and/or grind to 1 before event ends how many minutes before it ends should you start and do you keep skipping around to whatever has the highest points or stay on same one until it starts giving out 1 point?
    I said highest points first because those are going to regenerate the most in hour or so of grinding all the other nodes and he needs to milk every point out of it.

As for your question, skipping around lets each stack refresh slightly (I think points go up a little every 5 minutes or something), but it's not likely to matter. Especially now that there's no rubberbanding the order is literally not important. I would give myself 1.5 hours to clear everything down to 1, and maybe just start with the highest points and grind each stack as it comes since you can get used to beating them like that. Should at least give you enough time grind down all the high point ones.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    kidicarus wrote:
    AznLyte wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

Thank you, devs.

I think that complaint is pretty unsubstantiated. A lot of us guys at a-force are Asia based and have been able to place well in this event.

what you should have done is if you were serious about getting 1st and still wanting to get some sleep was.

1. In the last refresh of the last sub, if you were indeed playing optimally before, grind everything down as low as possible. This carries over to your main and are basically points that your opponents will have to overcome. In my case, I had a 3000 point lead over 2nd place in my sub.
    2. As soon as the main nodes opened, grind the nodes down so that the refresh timers are synchronised with the amount of sleep you need to get. Overnight you will still lose points but you will be in a strong position to take down 1st. That's all.

He had no chance at all for top two if he was asleep before the main nodes opened. Which I expect he was, because he thinks he was first in the main after each sub, and I was usually passing him right at the end of each sub. I am in the same situation for the most part, but we're both going to have a good chance for top 10 so it isn't a big deal. Even though this ending isn't great for Asia or Australia, it is still better than the usual rubberbanding for me.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I missed one more refresh than I wanted to but I'm still mid 30's - that's cool with me. I had no chance of gaining better rewards anyway and now I probably don't even need to do the last minute dash to stay top 50.

I'll still do it anyway icon_lol.gif