Dark Avengers Heroic: June 27 - July 3

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    Encourage everyone you know to join the next PVE as soon as possible.

Then wait 24 hours before joining personally.

You got it.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So, is this the most euro-friendly PvE we've had? With no RB in the final 12h (please keep this in future events!) and all the subs not ending at dawn.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Might be, but thats also the only time I would have needed rubberbanding to still reach 100K (am currently at 87.5 with 1 clear already) icon_e_sad.gif And I am EU, but was hoping on decent points at the end, but points are lower than in all subs before icon_e_sad.gif
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    These final nodes feel like a really cool victory lap, nice and easy.

THIS is how a 7 day event should end, not with a mad scramble that invalidates all previous days' efforts.

Thank you, devs.

This post should turn green.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is terrible. I finish top 5 in all my sub nodes, only to find myself 20K points out of first place with no chance of catching back up. I understand not having full rubberbanding, but man have at least something.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    This is terrible. I finish top 5 in all my sub nodes, only to find myself 20K points out of first place with no chance of catching back up. I understand not having full rubberbanding, but man have at least something.

How were you placed in the main event for the run?

There's 1000 people in the main and only 200 in the subs, so the subs are generally going to be easier to do better in, or at least more potential to bracket with less competitive people. It's better to have more competitive sub brackets and a less competitive main bracket...
  • Phaserhawk
    Options
    MojoWild wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

How were you placed in the main event for the run?

There's 1000 people in the main and only 200 in the subs, so the subs are generally going to be easier to do better in, or at least more potential to bracket with less competitive people. It's better to have more competitive sub brackets and a less competitive main bracket...

my subs were super competitive, and I would grind, but I noticed nothing was changing in my main bracket, then when I'm hoping for some rb to catch back up I find there is none.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:

The recent events had 1000 main + 1000 sub bracket so you can roughly gauge your progress by your sub, but this one was 1000 main + 200 sub so your placement in the sub is not very indicative of your overall placement.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think the "no rubberbanding at end" is a better system but I HATE not "knowing the rules of the game." I easily COULD HAVE gotten a lot more points in the last sub and now I'll probably miss the She-hulk icon_mad.gif
  • Dankaminari
    Options
    While clearing nodes in this final 12 hours, does the order in which you clear the nodes change the total points per clear? Or is it 2.2K irrespective of the order?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Looks to me like with the lack there of any points in this last hr's they really are trying to limit the # of people to hit 100k...i have over 80k going for this so would have time to get to 100k, but with the **** points now...zero chance of hitting it what a JOKE
  • wade66
    wade66 Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So, I placed second in the last sub, netting me three tokens. Two of said tokens were disposable 2*s, with the other being a blue psylocke, which I didn't have. A few minutes later I get my 300pt token from the Doom event, cash it in, and viola another blue psylocke.

I haven't seen that happen before.
  • Phaserhawk
    Options
    Just quit doing sub brackets. without people from your overall bracket. That's just dumb. Because when you basically are now handing out covers based more on luck of your bracket than actually playing time and skill, it gets frustrating. And I agree gamar, if I would have been aware of no rb the last 12 hrs, I would have drasitcally altered my play, I think that's the biggest frustration. Every single event has RB the last day, well, except this one, but that's D3 for you, they say they communicate, but then do this. Can you imagine the player who isn't on the forum? They have no clue what is going on
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I really don't get the scaling. I've been super slaking this event, only really playing like 1 refresh+ last hour of each sub, and have the rags node at a bit more than 100. Whereas my alliance mate, who has been grinding the whole event (and has a better roster) is only seeing 60 for it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    And I agree gamar, if I would have been aware of no rb the last 12 hrs, I would have drasitcally altered my play, I think that's the biggest frustration. Every single event has RB the last day, well, except this one, but that's D3 for you, they say they communicate, but then do this. Can you imagine the player who isn't on the forum? They have no clue what is going on

Some of us where working on the idea that the final nodes in main might not even be repeatable. You pays your money and you takes your choice. If there was rubber banding my previous 6 days are worthless as anyone from 60K points back can close the gap with the current 2h 24 minutes refreshing. As it is I got lucky and do not have to get up at 4am to play the nodes again to hold on to a top 10 spot.

Jennifer really like her new red cover also icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    What is a bunch of **** is the bracketing. I placed top 5 in every sub, yet I have never been in the top 100 main. When looking at the leaders, most barely have a 2 star roster. I agree the full rubberbanding sux for a lot of people, and I like this concept going forward, but there must be a better system where everyone has a chance.
  • Unknown
    Options
    josly wrote:
    When looking at the leaders, most barely have a 2 star roster.

My top 10 does not too bad for a change. 7 have Frank over lvl 120 and most of them have multiple other maxed 3*. There are 2 with multiply maxed 2* and one 1* roster.
  • Unknown
    Options
    josly wrote:
    What is a bunch of **** is the bracketing. I placed top 5 in every sub, yet I have never been in the top 100 main. When looking at the leaders, most barely have a 2 star roster. I agree the full rubberbanding sux for a lot of people, and I like this concept going forward, but there must be a better system where everyone has a chance.

When are you joining these subs. I was top five in every sub and shocker am top five in the main right now. This is how it always works.

However if you join the sub without enough time to get points from the available pool. Say each sub offers about 30k points which was close to accurate for this event. You cannot get 30k from one clear. If you join subs with 1 hour left you will leave points in the pool unclaimed. This is true for event with a similar structure like the simulator.

People in your main join subs with more time available and draw more points than you from the pool. Do not use your sub leader as a Guage in how well you are doing. Use your main and grind accordingly.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:
    Say each sub offers about 30k points which was close to accurate for this event.

Just for the record good scores in the three subs were ~24K ~32K and ~40K for the last one. Meaning starting the last 12H just under the 100K.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Does this event give a higher score for grinders to 1 and wait or for people that go every 2 and half hours and grind last hour?