Dark Avengers Heroic: June 27 - July 3

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Joined my bracket a bit late and subs late as well. Took top 10 in two I think, 1st in the final one. Am currently top 2 in my main and it's unlikely anyone can catch myself or the other guy unless we stop hitting refreshes or they substantially outgrind us in the last hour. At this point I could probably stop playing and keep top 10.
    So I think a lot of it has to do with how lazy or grind focused your main is. Mine all waited about a day to join the second sub. There was really no significant movement for almost 24 hours. A little less of a wait going into the final sub.

To some degree it seems like one of those whoever blinks first sort of deals. No one really wants to start, but when someone decides it's time to go, everyone better be prepared to start or be left behind.

I like that the final nodes don't rubberband at all, even though I'm almost always one to take advantage of that and ride that to a top finish. There should be some sense of stability if you worked harder than everyone else for the first 98% of the event. Shouldn't necessarily guarantee you 1st place, but at least not going from 1st to outside of top 100 if you can't make the last hour.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Does this event give a higher score for grinders to 1 and wait or for people that go every 2 and half hours and grind last hour?

I believe if you grind to 1 you're just going to extend the amount of time to get back up to full value. 2.5 hours is the amount of time to get back up to 100% after one clear.

It seems the only strategy at this point is to do 1 clear every 2.5 hours and then grind it down at the end. From what I can tell, but I could be wrong.

Of course, with "fixed" values, you're just keeping pace with everyone else who's doing that, and you're only going to get ahead of people who aren't.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Does this event give a higher score for grinders to 1 and wait or for people that go every 2 and half hours and grind last hour?

It is more efficient to play every 2.5 hours than to grind to 1.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    100071, Red She-Hulk achieved, 1st in my bracket, and the working day begins. I don't care too much about 1st or 2nd, but top 10 for 3 Sentry covers would be nice.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    100071, Red She-Hulk achieved, 1st in my bracket, and the working day begins. I don't care too much about 1st or 2nd, but top 10 for 3 Sentry covers would be nice.

What method did you use to reach 100k?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:

What method did you use to reach 100k?

I did each node until the time left to refill was about when I could next play (this morning I left them with about 5 hours to refill). And then I play the last hour or so if I'm awake and circumstances allow.

Getting up at 3:30 this morning to grind the last half hour helped with about 5k (Little Girl had a bad night, thank the stars), then over the magic 100k barrier on the bus to work.

Without a She-Hulk cover I don't think it would have been possible. But my other account is at 45k or so with little play and no She-Hulk, for "him" the full nodes are well over 1000 and trivial to beat.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I would really appreciate if this system would remain for future events, i.e. no rubberbanding in the last 12 hours. This makes it way more fair, it was stupidly flawed that someone being top 10 whole event can slide back to top 200 in last 8 hours. A little heads up about this however would have been nice.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    vetheran wrote:
    I would really appreciate if this system would remain for future events, i.e. no rubberbanding in the last 12 hours. This makes it way more fair, it was stupidly flawed that someone being top 10 whole event can slide back to top 200 in last 8 hours. A little heads up about this however would have been nice.
    That just shifts the 'need to play' hour to the end of the last sub
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yeah, now all this means is that I am not playing MPQ, because I would not help my situation no matter what I did: Whoever was able to play a bunch this morning was the one with the advantage.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Clearly if there were PvE shields it would solve all these problems.

I for one like not having to grind constantly to maintain a ever diminishing lead as the top 100 collapses into a think molasses bracket of 2k points where the last person to click wins the dame, championship, bag of Cheetos. Whatever.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hey bracket buddies, sorry my phone got busted yesterday morning so I can't play catch up.. Taking Too much headbutt it seems icon_e_biggrin.gif

Luckily last hours play on the last sub put me in top10.. Somehow I got a hunch those main nodes won't be what we expected, so I grinded the last sub hard.. Guess I was right icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    vetheran wrote:
    That just shifts the 'need to play' hour to the end of the last sub

The last sub didn't have enough points to make up for not doing well in the earlier brackets.

I think if they're going to do this method the section with no rubberband should just have one full stack of missions for everyone that do not replenish. It's not as bad as 'lose all your work in the last sub' but having to maintain a cycle every 2h 24m is still pretty silly.
  • Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    Options
    Grr, stupid Australian end times. Every single sub, I was top 5 when I went to bed and top 50 when I woke up. And of course, the main nodes opened up while I was asleep.

So now I'm 35 in main, with about 85K. Looks like no multiple Sentry covers and no She-Hulk for me. My Sentry still doesn't have a yellow, darnit.

The one thing that makes this event not a total waste for me is that I pulled a Panther cover from the reward token on the last sub, giving me my first fully-covered ***.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well Impossible for me to drop below 10th now so calling it a day on this event.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sumilea wrote:
    Well Impossible for me to drop below 10th now so calling it a day on this event.

You're just daring them to unlock new nodes in the final hours.

"It's over. It's finally over."
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I'm watching someone trying to take 1st by grinding down nodes past the first stack right now. *shakes head* Hope it is a person in a bad timezone for the last few hours because otherwise that might be a waste of time.
  • Unknown
    Options
    This 2 and a half wait is driving me crazy, dropped to #12. Is it just me or is it every time you do a mission all other missions lose points?
  • jonatslee
    jonatslee Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This 2 and a half wait is driving me crazy, dropped to #12. Is it just me or is it every time you do a mission all other missions lose points?

That's how it is. It's not just you.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Most PvEs that is the case, but you shouldn't be seeing that right now in the main bracket since there is no rubberbanding currently.
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    By my calculations, with optimal play I'm gonna end up about 2000 short of She-Hulk tonight. Fantastic! icon_redface.gif