True Healing Discussion (Live 6/25)

Options

Comments

• CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    The ironic thing? They didn't end prologue healing. Daken and Wolverine can still prologue heal.

They ended prologue healing for teams. All of the abilities that can heal other team members have been reclassed as Temporary Healing. So unless you want to use an all-Dakenverine team (which is impossible anyway - well, until they decide to give us X-23), you're going to have to wait for your other heroes to heal up... or use healing packs.

A week or so down the line with True Healing active, the biggest frustration is that the AI suffers none of the downsides of True Healing, as they don't have to worry about health outside of battle. This is probably unavoidable with the system in its current state.

My current position on the matter is that I strongly advocate reworking "temporary healing" into a separate "armor" mechanic, as functionally this is what "temporary healing" boils down to. The only difference is that your "armor" cannot exceed the difference between your current health and your max health - i.e., no "overhealing".
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    The ironic thing? They didn't end prologue healing. Daken and Wolverine can still prologue heal.
    People keep saying that, but it's fairly rare that patch/daken are ever actually in a range that it would actually be necessary. Either they're above half health or so, and get back to max before powers start flying, or they're hit with the big nukes and dead anyway
  • Unknown
    Options
    So since this the first real PvE event with a non limited roster with true healing in effect, how is it affect you? I know peeps with 35 usable characters it won't affect them much.

I get maybe 3 matches at a time before I'm out of the game for 2 1/2 hours.

Level shift is having an impact there as well. My subs are scaled high enough that they're a challenge for a max level roster, but my roster only has 3 max level characters on it. My unfinished 3* at their new level aren't as effective as my fully covered 2* were prior to the level shift, but those fully covered 2* post-level shift can't keep up with the content, so my bench has been shortened by 4 or 5 characters.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:

The really ironic thing? With the introduction of 'true healing' came the first time I had to actually resort to prologue healing.

After my health packs had run dry I still had to push in a few more matches to make the cut for a good enough placement. And so, I took my severly beaten up Daken and Wolverine into the prologue to let them regain health on lvl 1 opponents.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So since this the first real PvE event with a non limited roster with true healing in effect, how is it affect you? I know peeps with 35 usable characters it won't affect them much.

I get maybe 3 matches at a time before I'm out of the game for 2 1/2 hours.

Level shift is having an impact there as well. My subs are scaled high enough that they're a challenge for a max level roster, but my roster only has 3 max level characters on it. My unfinished 3* at their new level aren't as effective as my fully covered 2* were prior to the level shift, but those fully covered 2* post-level shift can't keep up with the content, so my bench has been shortened by 4 or 5 characters.

Yep, that's what I've been experiencing. In 2* world so my 3*'s aren't ready, the scaling quickly kills the ability to try to use un-buffed bad 2*'s, and the level-shift makes the buffed 3*'s look tempting but lead to disaster if I use them since they aren't covered well.

So I'm using Daken/Buffed 2*/Buffed 2*, hoping one of those two gets through a matchup unscathed, and then Daken/Buffed 2*/less hurt buffed 2* from previous match....and then I'm pretty much done. Seriously, that's it. I can play 2-3 matches at a time, essential nodes only, and with the crazy quick scaling that's all I can play.

So...Horray Roster Diversity! I played Daken/Ares/Moonstone/Cap exclusively yesterday in PVE, and played maybe 13 matches in five play sessions throughout the day. That isn't going to be driving me back to your game to spend money, D3.

Oh, and 2* PVP? It's an extreme rarity to not see Thor in every matchup, admittedly matched with Storm just as often as Widow now. To offset that slight "roster diversity" I rarely see Ares anymore. Folks have figured out if you Sunder, you won't be using him again for five hours (and won't be able to use one of your buffed PVE characters on that event either).
  • Vohnkar
    Vohnkar Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I stopped playing competitively, I don't even bother for top50 since mid season 2 when I started to get matches against fully lvl 3* with my mix of 85-102s. With True Healing I can't heal with OBW so I play a couple of matches and use another combo of characters, with the new lvls I have 5-10 characters available around lvl 90+. After that I stop playing until the next day.

For me was impossible to get to top 100 playing so little, and with the changes I managed to get another punisher cover on the last event being top 100 ^^.

I'll keep playing casual, the game is pushing us to not play it, so I don't play. PvE is boring as hell, scaling sux since day 1. And on PvP we can only play some matches. It's a shame that a game All my friends used to play daily is now abandoned by all of them, my alliance of 20 is almost inactive, only 5-10 members keep getting some points. We were top 100 before s1, top 250 during s1, top 500 in s2, and now we can't place even in top 1000. Yei! for the changes they are doing! so much fun that peoples just leaves the game icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    So, after a working week I get a Sunday night to finally try to tackle some PvP/PvE. 6 or so hours before used be to be enough to rank pretty well and progress. Now I'm out every 15 minutes or so and I don't believe I reach even top 100, because according to D3 support I'm 3rd grade citizen because I used to be able to play my free time streaks "due to using unlimited team healing." instead of obeying my big brother game designers who dictate me to play in periods set by them or pay up.

Well, thanks, I hope you crash and burn and steamcharts supports it, showing steady decrease of PC players who, presumably, have about same working schedules.

Unpinning this thread is just another spit in face of all players who told you how they hate this change and your patronizing attitude about it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:

Oh, and 2* PVP? It's an extreme rarity to not see Thor in every matchup, admittedly matched with Storm just as often as Widow now. To offset that slight "roster diversity" I rarely see Ares anymore. Folks have figured out if you Sunder, you won't be using him again for five hours (and won't be able to use one of your buffed PVE characters on that event either).

Well, you'll transition to 3* PvP soon enough. I mean, you'll still see Thor in every matchup, but his outfit is a little different!
  • Tharos
    Tharos Posts: 129
    Options

In my alliance, shorly after the introduction of true healing, there were no change: people were trying to do with it.
    Now, about two weeks later, 5 people left. 3 or 4 people achieve the same points in pvp as before true healing (guess what? They have maxed Daken and/or Patch, and they are enjoing the game much more, before they face less competition in leaderboard), and the other barely play. As people can't play as often, they are choosing pvp instead of pve.

Before True Healing, the alliance was about #150 in each pvp, and #200 in pve. Now, we are #250 in pvp and #450 in pve. Nice job.
    (of course, it means that other people/alliances took our position, so they must be handling true healing better than us: true healing might have been a nice change for them, but it clearly did not for us)
  • Unknown
    Options
    great PVE with sentry

he is an amazing character, but takes ages to heal.

thank you for letting my play on my pace
  • Unknown
    Options
    biomarvel wrote:
    great PVE with sentry

he is an amazing character, but takes ages to heal.

thank you for letting my play on my pace

With the invention of temp healing, there should be the concept of temp damage as well. Characters like sentry or ares that self damage are **** to spend health packs on
  • Unknown
    Options
    Thanks for all
    But
    This is all for me.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    rowaasr13 wrote:
    Unpinning this thread is just another spit in face of all players who told you how they hate this change and your patronizing attitude about it.

Exactly. Which is why everyone should continue posting in this thread to keep the topic actual and ensure that this is an issue that shall not pass.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    _RiO_ wrote:
    rowaasr13 wrote:

Exactly. Which is why everyone should continue posting in this thread to keep the topic actual and ensure that this is an issue that shall not pass.

we shall never forget or forgive, heh
  • Unknown
    Options
    With all due respect, I find that my playing habits have changed quite a bit. I have been spending less on health packs. I have been utilizing more of my roster in my climb. The increased heal rate did more to influence my gaming habits than the implementation of true healing.
  • trey9
    trey9 Posts: 102
    Options
    Anyone finding pvp a lot easier since the true healing change? I haven't missed top 5 since they changed it and used to get top 50 or top 25 pretty consistently despite my best efforts. I have been getting top 5 pretty easily since the change. I actually got 1st in the she hulk tourney with a score of 810! (Probably had a lot to do with Loki rewards, but still, 810! That's so low!)

I am quite grateful for that and don't miss the death bracket days of top 10 being 1100.

Anyone else have a similar experience? (Mostly a question for three star teams, I know this is still a rough change for two star teams. But I would be interested to hear from two star teams as well).
  • Unknown
    Options
    Realistically though, with the amount of complaints and no change at all. Do we still expect it to switch back, or think its gone for good? I'd like to hope that this True Healing thing gets reversed, but the longer we wait the less hope I have.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The only way anything changes is if their income goes down. Otherwise, I suspect we're stuck with it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    pwolverine wrote:
    Realistically though, with the amount of complaints and no change at all. Do we still expect it to switch back, or think its gone for good? I'd like to hope that this True Healing thing gets reversed, but the longer we wait the less hope I have.

It won't get switched back, any more than the skip tax did. All we can hope for is the negatives from true healing are mitigated somewhat, like they were for skip tax when retaliations became free.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I don't have 35 usable chars but I have maxed all 2* chars that are considered good and even some more (2* Cap, Moonstone, Daken, Mawkeye etc). I can play all the PvE nodes once both in Hard and Normal without finishing my health packs. Some creative fella wrote a post about a few new combos like Mawkeye and Daken since the true healing change. I've been having fun with different teams like Cap, Moonstone, Thor/Ares (green user) - Daken, Wolvie, Mawkeye (put Daken to Mawkeye's right) - Ares, Moonstone - and other usual known teams before the change. I will add Bullseye to Daken, Mawkeye once I max him as well.
This discussion has been closed.