True Healing Discussion (Live 6/25)

Options

Comments

• Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    trey9 wrote:
    Anyone finding pvp a lot easier since the true healing change? I haven't missed top 5 since they changed it and used to get top 50 or top 25 pretty consistently despite my best efforts. I have been getting top 5 pretty easily since the change. I actually got 1st in the she hulk tourney with a score of 810! (Probably had a lot to do with Loki rewards, but still, 810! That's so low!)

I am quite grateful for that and don't miss the death bracket days of top 10 being 1100.

Anyone else have a similar experience? (Mostly a question for three star teams, I know this is still a rough change for two star teams. But I would be interested to hear from two star teams as well).
    That sounds more like lucky sharding.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    trey9 wrote:
    Anyone finding pvp a lot easier since the true healing change? I haven't missed top 5 since they changed it and used to get top 50 or top 25 pretty consistently despite my best efforts. I have been getting top 5 pretty easily since the change. I actually got 1st in the she hulk tourney with a score of 810! (Probably had a lot to do with Loki rewards, but still, 810! That's so low!)

I am quite grateful for that and don't miss the death bracket days of top 10 being 1100.

Anyone else have a similar experience? (Mostly a question for three star teams, I know this is still a rough change for two star teams. But I would be interested to hear from two star teams as well).
    That sounds more like lucky sharding.

No kidding. With my maxed 2* roster, I'm lucky to finish the 2nd most point essential node in hard (which is much easier than the regular nodes), and the highest point essential node in easy. After that all my buffed characters are nearly wiped, and the non-buffed ones won't have a chance.

A couple of PVP matches every 4 hours, that's not a game worth wasting money on.

My experience has been closer to Tharos (previous page):
    Tharos wrote:
    In my alliance, shorly after the introduction of true healing, there were no change: people were trying to do with it.
    Now, about two weeks later, 5 people left. 3 or 4 people achieve the same points in pvp as before true healing (guess what? They have maxed Daken and/or Patch, and they are enjoing the game much more, before they face less competition in leaderboard), and the other barely play. As people can't play as often, they are choosing pvp instead of pve.

Before True Healing, the alliance was about #150 in each pvp, and #200 in pve. Now, we are #250 in pvp and #450 in pve. Nice job.
    (of course, it means that other people/alliances took our position, so they must be handling true healing better than us: true healing might have been a nice change for them, but it clearly did not for us)

We were hitting top 100 in PVE almost every time, and now we don't sniff that. PVE has entered the realm of 3* teams only. All you have to do to out-compete my 2* team is do FOUR nodes, and with the larger rosters you can do that. 2*'s have no chance, nor do 2* teams.
  • Unknown
    Options
    trey9 wrote:

Could it also be due to, I don't know, just not as many people playing anymore to challenge your rank? I got rank 18 from 600 odd points in the PvP before last, never gotten above 70 before then. I have 5 Max 2* roster.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    The only way anything changes is if their income goes down. Otherwise, I suspect we're stuck with it.

Bingo- it's all about the $. And why not? It's a business.

But my playtime has fallen to a minimal one easy battle a day to get my daily reward. At the rate my alliance's scores are dropping, I think it's the same with most of the players.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Another thing - I didn't tank in this PVP and really regret it now. Given that I have to play around my job, I just can't take the time to have to play catch-up every time, making up for all the defensive losses, just to keep pace, given that I can only play so many matches at a time even if I'm switching my roster out. True healing has made tanking even more essential than it was before.

Prologue healing was basically a healing mini-game, which makes sense as a mechanic for this kind of game. Having to tank - and it's gone from important to necessary with the change - is much worse. The net effect of this is to make the metagame more tedious.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    pwolverine wrote:
    Realistically though, with the amount of complaints and no change at all. Do we still expect it to switch back, or think its gone for good? I'd like to hope that this True Healing thing gets reversed, but the longer we wait the less hope I have.
    From what I can see from IceIX's post, I'm pretty sure they have decided to ignore our feedback and pressing on with the change.
  • Tharos
    Tharos Posts: 129
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    True healing has made tanking even more essential than it was before.
    Same thing, from a non-tanking point of view: True healing has made shilding even more essential that is was before. Exactly as some people thought it would be
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10565&p=175864

It is really discouraging when you have only two useable 3* in your roster, always facing maxed 3* people: you go to bed with more than 1 day left in pvp, with "only" 400 points (it is not a lot for a 2*/3* roster), when you wake up after a good sleep, you have been attacked for -150 points... It was what happened to me every time with True Healing. Before, I could play more to have my points back. Now, it is no longer possible (I can't play when I want to this game, only twice a day). All I can do is:
    - pay for Health pack
    - pay for Shields
    - pay a lot for a maxed Daken (play more)/Sentry (be attacked less)/other
    - tank a lot
    - quit this game
    - accept my 2* reward and #180/200 result that I will never need when building a 3* roster

Can someone explain where is the fun in any of these solutions? At least before, the best solution was to actually PLAY THIS GAME. Demiurge, don't you think you missed something when designing True Healing?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm still not really sure what to think about true healing really, since i can see both the pro's and con's of having such a feature... But naturally each view can be viewed as a pro or con depending on which side of the argument you agree with...

One thing i will say is; I can see a lot of people are angry about true healing, but in a way it also does balance some of the games out a little giving the newer players more of a chance to move up, since healing in game playing low level AI doesn't work any more, meaning that people can't abuse a free heal in a way... not that i am in anyway complaining about doing it, even if it may sound that way...
  • Unknown
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    We were hitting top 100 in PVE almost every time, and now we don't sniff that. PVE has entered the realm of 3* teams only. All you have to do to out-compete my 2* team is do FOUR nodes, and with the larger rosters you can do that. 2*'s have no chance, nor do 2* teams.

Is that so? I was looking at drop rate of my position and instead of the usual 100+ it looked like 2 (!) maybe 5 on a long skip. Doing just the essentials time to time. Figures.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Xerobull wrote:
    Bingo- it's all about the $. And why not? It's a business.

The current way looks definitely BAD business compared to potential for the game or the company. Looks more like business of a single person on a tight group there who are really good in covering their ****.
  • trey9
    trey9 Posts: 102
    Options
    futongus wrote:
    trey9 wrote:

Could it also be due to, I don't know, just not as many people playing anymore to challenge your rank? I got rank 18 from 600 odd points in the PvP before last, never gotten above 70 before then. I have 5 Max 2* roster.

I know what you mean, but before the healing change I was getting put into a bracket of lots of high level 3 star teams due to sharding presumably. I am saying that it seems like since the update, the brackets have been way easier for me. So maybe that indicates there may have been an unannounced change to sharding that came with the update? Just speculation, which was why I was wondering what other players were experiencing.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tharos wrote:
    All I can do is:
    - pay for Health pack
    - pay for Shields
    - pay a lot for a maxed Daken (play more)/Sentry (be attacked less)/other
    - tank a lot
    - quit this game
    - accept my 2* reward and #180/200 result that I will never need when building a 3* roster

Can someone explain where is the fun in any of these solutions?

The fun can definitely be found in quiting this game and investing what you would've spent on it in a good game that doesn't have a modus operandi of **** over its players in efforts to wring ever more money from them.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    trey9 wrote:
    futongus wrote:
    trey9 wrote:

I know what you mean, but before the healing change I was getting put into a bracket of lots of high level 3 star teams due to sharding presumably. I am saying that it seems like since the update, the brackets have been way easier for me. So maybe that indicates there may have been an unannounced change to sharding that came with the update? Just speculation, which was why I was wondering what other players were experiencing.

I've wondered that also. I have been able to get up to about 600 over a couple of days-very few counterattacks anymore. Before this, I had two barely top 50 finishes: now I have a couple of top 25's. Most counter-attacks are from 3* teams charging up through my point range the last couple hours of the event. I've noticed I can get to top 20 and even two attacks won't drop me out of that: the points that I have must not be worth that much, and they must be similar to other players.

I assume that either my roster is not longer visible to as many players, or the score is bracketed more tightly, or maybe the brackets themselves have fewer competitors? I haven't been able to get near 700 points like I did occasionally with true healing, but 500 is easy and 600 is common: that usually is a top 50 score.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Effect of true healing is brutal when you have 3 events going in the same time (Lightning round/PVP/PVE), and the essential node requires you to use Sentry who basically = use 3 Health pack after every fight in hard simulator... icon_e_sad.gif i don't use prol. heal but healing in between fight is very much missed icon_e_sad.gif

also wow to 64 pages of discussion~!!! i guess this might go over 100 rofl
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vanapak wrote:
    Effect of true healing is brutal when you have 3 events going in the same time (Lightning round/PVP/PVE), and the essential node requires you to use Sentry who basically = use 3 Health pack after every fight in hard simulator... icon_e_sad.gif i don't use prol. heal but healing in between fight is very much missed icon_e_sad.gif

also wow to 64 pages of discussion~!!! i guess this might go over 100 rofl

If you're essentially just using Sentry's Yellow/Green quick strike to nuke the other team at the expense of your own teams' health, use the bottom of your roster and/or characters you don't care about as the 2nd/3rd players. Instant savings on health packs.

I don't remember now if Avoid works on self-damage, but you might be able to save even more by running Sentry/MHawkeye/3rd, dumping the avoid damage to the 3rd character.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Smith13 wrote:
    I like to go the apple store and read the reviews since the healing change. So many one star ratings and the five star ratings seem very generic. Funny stuff.

Indeed.
  • noobprime
    noobprime Posts: 403
    Options
    Vanapak wrote:
    Effect of true healing is brutal when you have 3 events going in the same time (Lightning round/PVP/PVE)
    Yeah and let's compound it by having 3PVPs and at the same time as the 3PVE subs. Hooray! Seriously.
  • Vyshus
    Vyshus Posts: 18
    Options
    kensterr wrote:
    Well hopefully the new 2* that they are planning covers OBW's colors to make someone else take over OBW.

Anyhoos it's not D3P that's proudly proclaiming $1/day - it's Demiurge. D3P isn't small - its' office is in USA and Japan, publishes a lot of games, and is owned by Namco Bandai. Namco as most gamers would know, make the very popular Tekken series of games for arcade and consoles (with many many more games under their belt).
    I had no idea it's owned by Namco. Unrelated to true heading, i wanted to share something with everyone...

Bandai Namco to Pull "Tales Of Phantasia" From iTunes App Store In August.
    ◆Notice of Termination of Distribution◆
    We regret to inform you that we will cease distribution of this app on 08/28/2014 (Thursday). On this date, the app and all associated services will become unusable. This includes In-App Purchase items already purchased and save data. Furthermore, sale of In-App Purchase items will conclude on 07/29/2014 (Tuesday). We apologize sincerely to all of our customers for this inconvenience, and hope you continue to enjoy our products and services in the future.

read the full story here.
    http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... -in-august
  • Unknown
    Options
    Average App Store rating has tumbled from five stars to three over the past few weeks.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    yup, surprised that Namco would do such a thing. anyhoos I'm already shopping for RPG games on Steam, even though I'm not hit that badly with the true healing nerf apart from a very bad AI cascade in the PVE Hard node. This game has been fun for the past 7 months or so but my fingers are itching for some Diabloesque or Baldur's Gate type of game on the PC.
This discussion has been closed.