True Healing Discussion (Live 6/25)

Options

Comments

• Tharos
    Tharos Posts: 129
    Options
    10 days after asking CS for a refund (telling them that the change was announced the day after the sales, and if I would have never bought HP if the announcement was made before the sales), I have an answer.

Well, of course, they do not agree for the refund, but I don't care, since I asked a refund to Google, and they gave me my money back. I am not posting the official answer for the refund thing, but for all the other things in this message.
    I used to play 30 minutes on morning, then 2/3h before sleeping, so I was directly impacted by the changes, as I can no longer compete due to my schedule.

I played with these changes, and my conclusion was that now, I barely play 15 minutes each day, waiting for the end of season 3, then I leave my alliance and this game. Since these change, 4 or 5 members of my alliances no longer play, or will stop soon.
    Knowing all that, I was nearly laughting reading their answer (well, not exactly in fact...)

Hello D3P Customer,

Thank you for contacting D3P Customer Support.

Thanks for the feedback on the healing changes. We are not offering refunds due to balancing changes that are intended to have an overall positive effect for all players.

The issue we are addressing here is what we heard from a lot of players, that in order to be competitive, they are having to play the game for far longer than they may want to. That players that were often at the top of their leaderboards were not always the best players, but those that played the most due to using unlimited team healing.

We expect this change to increase the use of strategy and also to make the game something that far more players can compete in without having to compensate for players that are taking advantage of a system that was not working the way that was intended.

We also took the rate at which characters healed and increased it significantly for all characters. This decreases the amount of time players need to wait to get back in a fight and allows them to use more characters in their roster.

We're trying to make changes that make the game more interesting for more people for more time. We hope that this will make more players willing to enter into the competitive aspect of the game and, by doing so, broaden the community.

We have a lot of awesome new features coming online in the next couple of months and we hope that people will continue to provide feedback. Please play with this change over the next couple of weeks and then drop us a line in the forums to let us know what you think of it then.

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Best Regards,
    D3Publisher Customer Support Team
  • Unknown
    Options
    kensterr wrote:
    Smith13 wrote:
    I know this will make no difference in how the developers will view their game and their need to be Godtype controllers that micromanage everything we as players do, but I just want to vent a little.

This game was a blast until the "true healing" nerf came along. I spent a lot of money, so much that I'm embarrassed to type the total amount and guess what, I didn't mind spending that money as long as I could play the game the way I wanted. I wanted all the covers and roster slots and every new character coming out, I'd buy shields and healthpacks at the end of events so I could maintain my positioning, now I can't even get a good position to maintain, so why bother. I wanted to level them all, but I wanted to do it at my pace and if that was made easier by prologue healing then, yes, I dabbled in it...on a daily basis! Who cares, I was still spending the money to play how I wanted, now I barely even touch PVP and PVE locks out most of my leveled characters that it's no fun to try to particpate. I'm not spending money to level up, I'm actually not spending another dime on this game, I know this will only be look at by other disgruntled gamers, who may or may not, nod their heads in agreement and eventually will disappear along with most of the other posts that call out the devs for what the healing update actually was. I know it's my own fault for putting faith into some people that are just looking to line their pockets, but I had played for 3 months before I understood fully that they will change the game to their liking no matter the outcry, even from those who've played it from the very beginning. They will change and change and change until everyone quits or they nerf it so badly that you won't be able to recognize it as the same game it started out as. It's a shame, my money wasted either way, but when I wasted it, it wasn't for this ****. It was for the way the game was, a product that I should've know would evolve into something any F2P developer wants and that's a cash cow. Sure, new people will dig the game, people that have never known the healing powers of OBW and Spidey, but those of us that know will always remember the good ole days. I still play casually, just to kill my team and use all 5 health packs. I no longer play to win anything, because my wallet can't afford to try to keep up.
    I've spent money too and still am able to play. If you are embarassed with the total amount then it means you've spent your money on the wrong things.

Congrats Kensterr. You are probably one of the seven people who are enjoying this aweful and game-killing update. Or you are one of the 30 laughing devs ofcourse...

I totally agree with the post of Smith. I spent around $100 on this game just get an aweful game in return I wouldnt even spend $20 on. I not only regret my money spent, I even more regret to see this great and addicting game getting thrown away like this :'-(
  • Unknown
    Options
    Wow, this update and the level shift update just basically screwed up my whole game. I commented before about how this update hurt me.
    I don't post on the forums to much but I have monitored them since the game came out so that I could be a casual user and still get a good roster. I am not as hard core as a lot of the people on here are, but I just wanted to post my opinion. This update is absolutely the worst for me. To give some background on my roster, I have a lvl 105 spiderman, 85 2*Wolverine, 85 2*thor, 85 2*storm. Then I have some 3* ranging from the high 60's to the base 15. As someone who has every 2* hero and maxed covers(still working on maxing with iso on the important ones like OBW) and 2 or 3 covers on most 3*s but none that are maxed. My top 3* is spiderman who could max at 115 at the moment, my next closest is patch in the 60's.

This update basically eliminates me from winning covers in any PVP event. I used to use spiderman and wolverine and the random 3rd hero depending on tournament, the reason why i used spiderman was because he did 2 things for me, gave me decent damage on blues and purples(as well as the shields basically made me immune to tile match damage) but the bigger reason was I would save his yellow healing power to just before i won my match and healed up to almost max. Doing this gave me the option of playing another match right after so that I could play like 5 matches in a row. It wouldn't be such a big deal if i wasn't always paired with teams that have all 110+ characters. I get shredded from every match I play and the healing ability was the only thing I could do to be competitive. With this update 2 things now happen, my hero's get damaged enough in the first fight that I don't dare go into another battle because I will lose, but I can't use my other players because they are not leveled or powerful enough to defeat the enemies I'm paired against. Then If i try and play with the bad roster to gain more points, not only do I lose, people now see my bad roster and i get attacked for tons of negative points.

If I only use my top roster I can only play the game like once every 30 minutes or an hour. I don't want to play one match then put the game away, then remember in an hour I can play one more game. I'd rather just play a game I can play as much as I'd like.

I'm not saying to reverse this update, but I am asking for them to fix it immediately with a better solution because at this point, it's basically unplayable.

But now with the level shift as well my already bad MMR just went out of control. I forgot to mention before that I had an 4* Wolverine at like level 84 that I wasn't leveling(max would be like 120) because I didn't want to my already horrible MMR to be worse but with the new increase he jumped to 124 and my level 105 spiderman jumped to level 130. So, With my team of 94 2* Wolv, 130 3* Spiderman, and Random 3rd(usually below 85 because of random 3*) I now face teams with all 150+ teams for all 3 positions. The the game went from barely playable to not playable at all anymore. Within 2 updates, I went from being able to win a top 5 spot in PVP(barely) to not even being able to beat anybody.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    One thing I've noticed that is positive is that the level shift helps with the buffed character in PVP more. EG look at the loaners: before, the level 15 loaner was buffed to 23. Since the pvp buff is increased based on your level, the lvl 40 loaner is buffed to 60-- 20+ vs 8+ of the former. This allows soft capped decently covered 3*s to be a bit better as the buffed character.
  • Unknown
    Options
    eidehua wrote:
    One thing I've noticed that is positive is that the level shift helps with the buffed character in PVP more. EG look at the loaners: before, the level 15 loaner was buffed to 23. Since the pvp buff is increased based on your level, the lvl 40 loaner is buffed to 60-- 20+ vs 8+ of the former. This allows soft capped decently covered 3*s to be a bit better as the buffed character.

What is only good to hose tanking a little bit and cause more damage to human players -- while on attack just as redundant as before.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Just created an account as I wanted to add my voice to the mix - though it seems activation e-mails are going missing so it took over a week of waiting and resending before I contacted an admin to verify the account (and it isn't the most obvious place to find an admin e-mail).

I used to play quite a bit, i've mostly got a 2* roster, and find it really hard to get 3*'s in Australia with the finishing times either in the middle of the workday, or middle of the night. Now I play perhaps 1-5 games a day. I'm personally not willing to pay for random characters or to simply continue with health packs. Its just ludicrous, and I guess a lot of people justify throwing cash away at those simple things which really could be gone tomorrow (as with all solely online games) if D3 simply shuts off their servers. The big plus side for me is i'm actively looking for other games to play and have found a few new ones to fill in the limited gaming time I have.

I guess that is whats going to happen in the long run this way, people won't diversify their rosters, they will diversify by playing other games whilst waiting for one or two matches in MPQ.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Tharos wrote:
    10 days after asking CS for a refund (telling them that the change was announced the day after the sales, and if I would have never bought HP if the announcement was made before the sales), I have an answer.

Well, of course, they do not agree for the refund, but I don't care, since I asked a refund to Google, and they gave me my money back. I am not posting the official answer for the refund thing, but for all the other things in this message.
    I used to play 30 minutes on morning, then 2/3h before sleeping, so I was directly impacted by the changes, as I can no longer compete due to my schedule.

I played with these changes, and my conclusion was that now, I barely play 15 minutes each day, waiting for the end of season 3, then I leave my alliance and this game. Since these change, 4 or 5 members of my alliances no longer play, or will stop soon.
    Knowing all that, I was nearly laughting reading their answer (well, not exactly in fact...)

Hello D3P Customer,

Thank you for contacting D3P Customer Support.

Thanks for the feedback on the healing changes. We are not offering refunds due to balancing changes that are intended to have an overall positive effect for all players.

The issue we are addressing here is what we heard from a lot of players, that in order to be competitive, they are having to play the game for far longer than they may want to. That players that were often at the top of their leaderboards were not always the best players, but those that played the most due to using unlimited team healing.

We expect this change to increase the use of strategy and also to make the game something that far more players can compete in without having to compensate for players that are taking advantage of a system that was not working the way that was intended.

We also took the rate at which characters healed and increased it significantly for all characters. This decreases the amount of time players need to wait to get back in a fight and allows them to use more characters in their roster.

We're trying to make changes that make the game more interesting for more people for more time. We hope that this will make more players willing to enter into the competitive aspect of the game and, by doing so, broaden the community.

We have a lot of awesome new features coming online in the next couple of months and we hope that people will continue to provide feedback. Please play with this change over the next couple of weeks and then drop us a line in the forums to let us know what you think of it then.

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Best Regards,
    D3Publisher Customer Support Team

What I find strangest about this reply is the third para. Where are all these players who complained they had to play the game for longer than they wanted? If they exist in this forum wouldnt there be loads more people coming out in support of this change?

Also the bit about the person at the top not being the 'best player' but the person who played for longest? They forgot the bit about that also being the person who spent the most money during the event. And as for being the best player, come on! It's a match 3 game for gods sake, I dont think there are any best or worst players. It's just basic tile matching and loads of luck At the end of the day even that 'best' player gets wiped out by an unlucky cascade or wins in two turns from a good one.

I personally never had a problem with the people at the top laying longer or spending more than me, th thing I take issue with is not that I cant compete for top place but that I cant really play any more.

In the last 3 days I have been playing Dr Who Legacy far more than this game. It doesnt have the Marvel license, true, but it is pretty damn good.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The PACman wrote:
    What I find strangest about this reply is the third para. Where are all these players who complained they had to play the game for longer than they wanted? If they exist in this forum wouldnt there be loads more people coming out in support of this change?

Why, I bet that is the *same* bunch of people IceIX referred to earlier, who were unhappy spending $2 to get the next roster slot and demanded something more meaningful. So demanded to spend $5 instead and get the next 3 slots packed together.

DU lives and dies for its customers, and listens closely to complaints, right? icon_eek.gif (Btw anyone checked the status of Sunder bug lately?)
  • Tharos
    Tharos Posts: 129
    Options
    The PACman wrote:
    Also the bit about the person at the top not being the 'best player' but the person who played for longest? They forgot the bit about that also being the person who spent the most money during the event. And as for being the best player, come on! It's a match 3 game for gods sake, I dont think there are any best or worst players. It's just basic tile matching and loads of luck At the end of the day even that 'best' player gets wiped out by an unlucky cascade or wins in two turns from a good one.

Th best answer to all their stuff about fairness, strategy, that now the game is more interesting, it is easier to compete, that now the players at the top of the leaderboards are more the best players and not the one that played the most due to unlimited healing takes only two words:

Laken, Patch.

But maybe they do not play the same game as we do.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hmm apparently my post on page 4 has 65 up votes. Not like it matters... They did Institute the change in very short order.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Tharos wrote:
    The best answer to all their stuff about fairness, strategy, that now the game is more interesting, it is easier to compete, that now the players at the top of the leaderboards are more the best players and not the one that played the most due to unlimited healing takes only two words:

Laken, Patch.

But maybe they do not play the same game as we do.

Not sure the people at the top of the leaderboard are using Laken + Patch all that much apart from maybe the early part of their climb.

You are right that it's sustainable but only going to avoid getting hit a lot if you've tanked to 2* land and stop using them as soon as you get revealed to the masses on score.

Still, that aside all this talk about true healing helping "skillful" people get to the top of leaderboards is total bollocks. At best you could say it helps people who play regularly through the day for shorter periods, in reality it's still people who'll pay for their shields (and boosts). Mostly they're further dictating WHEN you MUST play to do well (for lots of people) unless you're willing to pay your $$$.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Laken/patch is a terrible teamup. (Of course, almost all of my teams had one or the other before the healing change anyway)
  • squirrel1120
    squirrel1120 Posts: 492
    Options
    I've got 99 (game related) problems, but my tinykitty roster is probably the biggest one. I do type tinykitty fyi. It cracks me up.

*sigh*

Perhaps getting a viable 3* roster was just going too darn fast for most folks? I cant see the logic behind removing healing as a viable strategy as opposed to making changes to balance characters across the entire roster so there are more viable choices. Make one of moonstone nearly useless powers a team heal. Then bagman (why not if spidey classic could?). Then a small burst from caps yellow shield, or even a decent burst with reduced level in the protect tiles it generates. Make the nearly useless characters useful if you want roster diversity, imo. Who cares if it isn't something that happens in official canon? It's not like spiderman crosses my mind and I think, 'yeah, remember all those times he saved the entire team by creating bandages that completely brought highly wounded members completely back to life and back into the action?!' Being a game, good game balance triumphs over perfect adherence to original story anyday.

The true healing changes have cut my personal performance incredibly. I used to play in blocks that allowed me to hit markers which would improve my roster in every tournament. A run to 400. Then another to 600. Finally a last run up to 800, knowing full well I'd be a huge target and lose many of the points. Then usually I could play the last few hours of a tournament just for placement. That netted me 100 hp per event plus placement. Now I am fortunate if I ever can even tap the 600 marker, usually with a really lucky run of 10-15 matches instead of the 6-8 I can typically get in now. I was starting to be able to place top 10 occasionally, which had me super excited on how my roster was actually growing. Now typically barely scraping top 25 *if* I can play the last couple hours.

I could see it was going to take quite a while as I approached 70 days or so as the change came out, checking in at just under half of the 3* characters with 1-4 covers each. I had no problem with the fact that attaining the goal of max level play was a marathon. I was running, to continue the analogy, and happy to do so pretty much anytime real life allowed. Now I am feeling pretty hobbled in the race, only allowed very short sprints in what was already such a long race.

All because some complained the game was too much of a grind? At least they could just stop grinding at any point they truly felt like it. The inverse is not at all true in my case. Nor for many of those putting that time in to achieve the max level play they desired.

Now, one team wipe is a huge detriment. More so if you actually want to use your version of the loaner toon...

I am all for roster diversity, but the method that was used to supposedly accomplish this was a huge slap to what I have to assume is a fairly large paying player base considering the numbers in the app-store. Instead of putting time into game balance to make every toon great, every player who enjoyed the game in one larger block of time takes a huge hit.

Additionally, I used to aim to take advantage of all events. I could play the pvp tournaments until I was fairly certain progression was unlikely or at the point of extremely diminishing returns. Then I could take my roster over to the simulator or similar pve nodes and work on that as far as I was able on the same basis, even with my roster of only about 25. Now I can hope for mediocre pvp placement at best in the pvp currently going, and usually have to skip the pve events almost entirely, assuring a very poor placement.

Previously, I would bleed off massive amounts of points in pvp, but could always win them back through enough effort. Now is not much different with the exception that I just can't get them back. I can typically play only 6-8 matches... it doesn't matter if those are retaliation to try to recoup some of the loss, or if the are just normal found through the MMR. The point being you can only play a few matches now. It is now typical for me to lose 150+ points I can never recover during my playing a last match as I try to hit a marker with wounded toons. Very frustrating and discouraging. Maybe I should shield and use all the hp that would go toward my roster growth? Then I'd have no place to put any character earned as a reward. A catch-22 imo. Oh yeah... or I could just pay... for a game I can now only play in very limited amounts, despite having loved playing it. Yeah... no. Meanwhile, late starting max level characters still cruise through constantly picking off large amounts of points with almost no effort, also completely unrecoverable for your average 2* roster. Never had I played a game before where picking on low level characters was even allowed in the game rules, never mind encouraged! How about a change to the system where it becomes more about facing challenge instead of avoiding it until absolutely necessary? How about penalty for picking on someone with no ability to fight back instead of highly rewarding it? Sure would seem more 'heroic' to me than what is going on. Yes, everyone does it. You don't find me skipping to find the hardest fights for the least points. Yet the way the system is set up, it's foolish to find a challenge when the biggest rewards come from avoiding it and picking on the weak, especially once they have expanded their rosters enough so they can now hide behind a shield for their hp, not even having to worry about taking damage to the pvp rating they 'earned'.

Meanwhile with all the talk through the thread about people who find they are being attacked much less than before, I wish I knew how! I leave my last match with my best defensive team (thor\ares or ares\ obw) dependant on which is available, but still bleed off almost as many points as I can earn in a session in between play once I approach anywhere near the 600 marker... often preventing me from ever getting to it.

Frustration has a new name. It's initials are mpq.
  • squirrel1120
    squirrel1120 Posts: 492
    Options
    Also... I think the theory about the change being made to sell health packs unlikely. Since I've not noticed any server crashing during rewards going out lately, perhaps it is possible the change was made simply to avoid the server upgrades that would have otherwise been needed? Maybe...
  • Unknown
    Options
    People are probably being attacked less because their would-be attackers aren't taking chances with long Sentry/Hulk/Lazy Thor fights anymore. Since Sentry and Thor also have better burst than most, I usually skip them and aim for something quicker, where I can get in and out without losing too much health. But if you're using weaker characters, the attacks will be coming just as often.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So the post is now unstickied it seems and will slowly vanish from the front page - as they want it to. After all, they did go on record saying that after a while we would stop making noise about it. I would really appreciate it if they understood though that this is not because we accept the change now but because all out arguments, complaints snd comments and ideas are being completely ignored and there is only so long we cam shout at a brick wall.
    After playing the new lack of healing for a bit now i have to agree with my original thought. It is not tiny kitty - is is one great big ugly mother of demonspawn cat.
    I would say not to let this issue die but it's obvious that the devs think this is an idea to stay - but just remember diablo 3 and the auction house. Blizzard clung to that for ages before acknowedging that it broke the game. Dont be blizzard, devs!
  • Smith13
    Smith13 Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I like to go the apple store and read the reviews since the healing change. So many one star ratings and the five star ratings seem very generic. Funny stuff.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Oh, bugger it. *sigh*
    Hail Hydra.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So since this the first real PvE event with a non limited roster with true healing in effect, how is it affect you? I know peeps with 35 usable characters it won't affect them much.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The ironic thing? They didn't end prologue healing. Daken and Wolverine can still prologue heal.
This discussion has been closed.