Double Shot Tourney

Comments

• Frozen wrote:
    @zzzwolph,

Sorry for the multiple attacks the matchmaking service decided for us to become best frienemies.

Heya, didn't realize you were posting over here. That's definitely an issue with the matchmaking sometimes. It can be tough to find an opponent worth decent points that isn't a regular over here.
  • Unknown
    edited December 2013
    uh there was an update just now and it gave me the 700 reward again for the tourney when i logged in. sooooo i'm going to see if something bugged out by going back to 800 and seeing if i get that. if that happens, i'm going back up to 1100 again.

edit: it did not icon_e_sad.gif. oh well 500 free ISO, I can't complain.
  • tellu s how it goes
  • Sure you actually got it the first time?
  • Misguided wrote:
    Sure you actually got it the first time?

maybe not. i did get all the HP/cover rewards after 700, since I was going specifically for spiderman. but i guess this could have been a super delay.

i was looking forward to a triple shot event :'(
  • AHHHHHH!!! I actually hit 1100! Hooray! Thank you to KiteKiller for putting me over the hump and if wakaruku visits these forums, I am very sorry I attacked you so many times. You were the only one popping through on my cycling. Only 1 blue and 2 purple to go!
  • Zathrus wrote:
    Not going to make 1100 now. I just lost over 125 points to a single player across 4 or more attacks -- see viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1147

I'm now below 1000. The only attacks I've had in the past hour are from this one person.
    That makes me sad because you attacked me more than a few times and saw that you were going for Spidey so did not retaliate. Ruskie is now constantly attacking me so he better get Spidey.

Too hard for 1100 when you don't want to attack forum goers and half the people on your list consist of them. Sorry and thanks Gameloft; attacked you a few times because you said you already got it. Hope you don't mind.
    AHHHHHH!!! I actually hit 1100! Hooray! Thank you to KiteKiller for putting me over the hump and if wakaruku visits these forums, I am very sorry I attacked you so many times. You were the only one popping through on my cycling. Only 1 blue and 2 purple to go!
    lol grats. wakuraku is my ign.
  • AHHHHHH!!! I actually hit 1100! Hooray! Thank you to KiteKiller for putting me over the hump and if wakaruku visits these forums, I am very sorry I attacked you so many times. You were the only one popping through on my cycling. Only 1 blue and 2 purple to go!

Well thank you thank you thank you! I try not to attack forum people, (skipped over zathrus a couple of times), and I would have avoided any ihearthawthats ingame. icon_e_smile.gif
  • i only retaliate against forumgoerrs my policy
  • But yeah, hammering attacks is really one of the few viable strats. They can only store 1 retaliation, so if you attack them 3 times before they retaliate, then it's worth it. Rather than attacking 3 different people and getting retaliated 3 times over.
  • Unknown
    edited December 2013
    Zathrus wrote:
    Not going to make 1100 now. I just lost over 125 points to a single player across 4 or more attacks -- see viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1147

I'm now below 1000. The only attacks I've had in the past hour are from this one person.
    That makes me sad because you attacked me more than a few times and saw that you were going for Spidey so did not retaliate. Ruskie is now constantly attacking me so he better get Spidey.

Too hard for 1100 when you don't want to attack forum goers and half the people on your list consist of them. Sorry and thanks Gameloft; attacked you a few times because you said you already got it. Hope you don't mind.
    AHHHHHH!!! I actually hit 1100! Hooray! Thank you to KiteKiller for putting me over the hump and if wakaruku visits these forums, I am very sorry I attacked you so many times. You were the only one popping through on my cycling. Only 1 blue and 2 purple to go!
    I've definitely bent you over a few times, mah bad.

Edit: apparently my phone thinks over is the same as Jeff.
  • But yeah, hammering attacks is really one of the few viable strats. They can only store 1 retaliation, so if you attack them 3 times before they retaliate, then it's worth it. Rather than attacking 3 different people and getting retaliated 3 times over.

It's especially nice if they attack you and so you have the red counterattack, and on another disk, find them through the normal matchmaking. I have done that to hit the same person twice in a row.
  • Zathrus wrote:

It's all good my bracket is just a formality anyway. For sure people will attack me, it might as well be a forum go-er
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Found someone else who's 1000+ and we're just trading shots at each other. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • That makes me sad because you attacked me more than a few times and saw that you were going for Spidey so did not retaliate. Ruskie is now constantly attacking me so he better get Spidey.

As with others, didn't know that was you icon_e_sad.gif

Yeah, I was checking this thread to see who was still trying and avoiding them. I'm going to pointlessly try again. Doubt I'll make it.
  • i didn't realize the tournament ends in actually four hours. what a random time
  • forgrim wrote:
    i didn't realize the tournament ends in actually four hours. what a random time

Wow, me either. Pretty much no chance for Spidey then -- dinner time, then put the kids to bed, and, oh hey, it ends icon_neutral.gif
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    No, i dont think you can realistically get 1000. I was fighting L120 IM/100 spidey/85 thor teams consistently.

I was running 107 IM / 77 rag / 90 magneto and it was hard
    We've had a couple hit 1000 in this Tourney this afternoon just after The Hunt started. One team was similar to yours with a Spider-Man (Classic) instead of a Magneto (Classic).

Yea, that's why I ask. I could realistically break 900, but at some point around the 900 mark everybody I had been beating would be worth 1-5 points and I'd be losing 40+ per a defeat. Getting to 900 for only 1000 ISO isn't worth it. I would spend more than that just for buffs. I could still probably beat your team with mine 30+% of the time at least with buffs but I'd need to have 30 or 40 health packs stored for that to be viable....not counting speed of down.

wish I had ISO for some leveling of ironman. He is 4/5/2 right now but my ISO is soooo low.

Thanks, I really just wanted to know what I'd need to be beating consistently to do this and your team is a general "skip" unless I am po-ed for some reason. Although, saying I cannot really do it totally makes me want to do it now lol. Dead hours seem to start in about 3 hours and ends in about 5 or 6. So if I cannot do it then..I never could. So tempted to try...probably better just attacking lightly to farm ISO though.

I didn't want to discourage you but also it would frustrate me to no end if i were spending all this money on boosts only to be treading water.

You're right about the "dead time" though. I would actually go for it tomorrow morning. if you wake up early; there will be people with more points for you to attack that probably won't attack back.

Thanks dumdum for giving me the competitive fire to prove you wrong lol. Just broke 1000. Got up to 1030 but hit by about -90. I think i will call that a win and just make sure I stay top 2 (probably won't be too hard...but I don't want to count chicke ns too early.

Edit: just realized calling you dumdum might be confusing..it was not a negative comment..lol
  • congrats! It is weird not that many people are attacking even right now...
  • I am sitting at 3rd in my bracket, 10 points from 2nd. However, I'm taking a break before one final push in the last 10 minutes where I burn up all my health packs. I wanted to reach 1100, but I'm at 792, so that's not happening. I love that this is ending at 9PM EST, so much nicer than midnight. Sorry Europe.

Edit: My apologies to anyone I smack around on my way to 2nd place. I know I've traded a few blows back and forth already.