Double Shot Tourney

Comments

• Nemek wrote:
    This happens fairly often when people get 'stuck' in a matchmaking rating with only a few other people. It generally happens towards the top. Probably the primary reason I ever tank my rating - it's really annoying when it happens, doubly so if those people are also playing at the same time.
    Better than having to deal with yours or the Ladder's 141 IM40.

I really don't want to dump more ISO into IM40 than I have to. Honestly, my IM40 would still be lvl15 if they didn't keep forcing him on us every other tourney.
  • I hit 1000...don't need yellow spidey. Props to everyone that didn't attack me including Zathrus (i only started attacking you after you hit 1000)
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Zath, I had you queued up at 983 pts. I waited about 10 minutes before I attacked. When I finished, ou were already back down to 860.

I stalled out a 900. Gonna make another try later tonight.

Sorry I had to hit you once or twice, my matchmaking list is completely insane right now...believe it or not you are the easiest target
  • PS: Zathrus wiped my team and forced me to use 3 health packs because of a lucky cascade with crits lol
  • Got to 820ish an hour or two ago. With a Thor/c.storm (m.storm if c.storm goes down)/50's im anybody think I can push to 1000? 900 isn't worth the effort...but 1000 is. What was the competition like those of you that pushed?

Just checked..down to 730. Good chance ill be down to about 680, 650 range by the time I am ready to put in time to jump.
  • Got to 820ish an hour or two ago. With a Thor/c.storm (m.storm if c.storm goes down)/50's im anybody think I can push to 1000? 900 isn't worth the effort...but 1000 is. What was the competition like those of you that pushed?

Just checked..down to 730. Good chance ill be down to about 680, 650 range by the time I am ready to put in time to jump.

No, i dont think you can realistically get 1000. I was fighting L120 IM/100 spidey/85 thor teams consistently.

I was running 107 IM / 77 rag / 90 magneto and it was hard
  • Ranzera wrote:
    **** sorry. i swear, i only have a pool of you, zathrus, gorthus, ehriez, ranzera, blight, dumdumdugan, crazywally, dhaarga, and knc6655. every time i hit skip, its one of you 10. they're pulling some new shenanigan right now for sure.

edit: also it seems like these 10 people are attacking me as well. haha. they're doing some some of cage match thing for sure. so screw spidey for now. i got my 500 hp at least.
    That's pretty much my list too. When I got above 1000 it was slightly different until I fed Zathrus points.
    I'm getting the same. I guess everyone's doing the Hunt. Don't wanna attack any of you guys so I'm going to sleep icon_neutral.gif

I feel like we should form a group and take turns yielding to 1 guy till he reaches his goal, lol.
  • Ranzera wrote:
    **** sorry. i swear, i only have a pool of you, zathrus, gorthus, ehriez, ranzera, blight, dumdumdugan, crazywally, dhaarga, and knc6655. every time i hit skip, its one of you 10. they're pulling some new shenanigan right now for sure.

edit: also it seems like these 10 people are attacking me as well. haha. they're doing some some of cage match thing for sure. so screw spidey for now. i got my 500 hp at least.
    That's pretty much my list too. When I got above 1000 it was slightly different until I fed Zathrus points.
    I'm getting the same. I guess everyone's doing the Hunt. Don't wanna attack any of you guys so I'm going to sleep icon_neutral.gif

I feel like we should form a group and take turns yielding to 1 guy till he reaches his goal, lol.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    No, i dont think you can realistically get 1000. I was fighting L120 IM/100 spidey/85 thor teams consistently.

We've had a couple hit 1000 in this Tourney this afternoon just after The Hunt started. One team was similar to yours with a Spider-Man (Classic) instead of a Magneto (Classic).
  • IceIX wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:

We've had a couple hit 1000 in this Tourney this afternoon just after The Hunt started. One team was similar to yours with a Spider-Man (Classic) instead of a Magneto (Classic).

oh i know it's doable, there are quite a few here that have done it (myself included). But his team i don't think is good enough to 1) attack fast and 2) prevent others from attacking him.
  • My MMR must be rising tonight. Suddenly I'm seeing lots of folks I recognize from the forum:
    Zathrus, Misguided, funny russkie, Toxicadam

I've slowly crept up to almost 900. Going for the 500 HP. Hopefully all these folks worth only 15 points are asleep...
  • fatcatfan wrote:
    My MMR must be rising tonight. Suddenly I'm seeing lots of folks I recognize from the forum:
    Zathrus, Misguided, funny russkie, Toxicadam

I've slowly crept up to almost 900. Going for the 500 HP. Hopefully all these folks worth only 15 points are asleep...

I really want to go for the 500 HP but, I need that last green BW and I'm afraid I'm going to wake up to 10 thirty+ point retaliations. Lol.

I keep scanning through and can't find anyone worth more than 10 or so points that isn't a member of this forum or that I haven't attacked once or twice already. icon_e_confused.gif
  • i'm amazed nobody has attacked me in the past 2 hours...been sitting at 1000. Too bad I don't need the yellow spidey because at this point i think 1100 is very realistic.
  • I just saw you and Ranzera too. Didn't attack any of you, though some could give me nice points. Really struggling with this last 100 to get to 1000.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:

oh i know it's doable, there are quite a few here that have done it (myself included). But his team i don't think is good enough to 1) attack fast and 2) prevent others from attacking him.

Yea, that's why I ask. I could realistically break 900, but at some point around the 900 mark everybody I had been beating would be worth 1-5 points and I'd be losing 40+ per a defeat. Getting to 900 for only 1000 ISO isn't worth it. I would spend more than that just for buffs. I could still probably beat your team with mine 30+% of the time at least with buffs but I'd need to have 30 or 40 health packs stored for that to be viable....not counting speed of down.

Just wish I had ISO for some leveling of ironman. He is 4/5/2 right now but my ISO is soooo low.

Thanks, I really just wanted to know what I'd need to be beating consistently to do this and your team is a general "skip" unless I am po-ed for some reason. Although, saying I cannot really do it totally makes me want to do it now lol. Dead hours seem to start in about 3 hours and ends in about 5 or 6. So if I cannot do it then..I never could. So tempted to try...probably better just attacking lightly to farm ISO though.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:

Yea, that's why I ask. I could realistically break 900, but at some point around the 900 mark everybody I had been beating would be worth 1-5 points and I'd be losing 40+ per a defeat. Getting to 900 for only 1000 ISO isn't worth it. I would spend more than that just for buffs. I could still probably beat your team with mine 30+% of the time at least with buffs but I'd need to have 30 or 40 health packs stored for that to be viable....not counting speed of down.

Just wish I had ISO for some leveling of ironman. He is 4/5/2 right now but my ISO is soooo low.

Thanks, I really just wanted to know what I'd need to be beating consistently to do this and your team is a general "skip" unless I am po-ed for some reason. Although, saying I cannot really do it totally makes me want to do it now lol. Dead hours seem to start in about 3 hours and ends in about 5 or 6. So if I cannot do it then..I never could. So tempted to try...probably better just attacking lightly to farm ISO though.

I didn't want to discourage you but also it would frustrate me to no end if i were spending all this money on boosts only to be treading water.

You're right about the "dead time" though. I would actually go for it tomorrow morning if you wake up early; there will be people with more points for you to attack that probably won't attack back.
  • There are very few retaliations right now, most people are sleeping.
  • Misguided wrote:
    There are very few retaliations right now, most people are sleeping.

Europe is starting to wake up icon_e_smile.gif
  • Got the 500 HP. Yellow Spidey is tempting me, but I really must sleep.
  • fatcatfan wrote:
    Got the 500 HP. Yellow Spidey is tempting me, but I really must sleep.

Hah, I just got the HP right now, and started to think "Hm... that Spider-Man IS with-" and then I got hit for about 33.
    Pretty sure that's a sign to call it a night.