PSA: Welcome To Our New Forum!

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin

Hi Everyone!

We’re launching a brand new design for the D3 Go forum! We've been working on it for a while, and we can't wait to show you!

Want to get in on the action? If you’re a returning user, your login username and password is the same — otherwise you can create a new account.

Having trouble logging in? Try requesting a password reset, or send an email to our forum admin and they’ll help you out: foradmin@d3go.com

Some things to check out:

New Layout
  • We’ve made a few adjustments to make it easier for you to navigate around the site
Post a new thread with the WYSIWYG editor
  • What you see is what you get! No more struggling to get the HTML code correct, or lining up brackets correctly. Just edit and format your content as you go, like you would for any document or email.
Ranks & Titles
  • Don’t see your title from the old forum? Not to worry! Just make another post and it should re-appear!
Check out a profile or two (or three)
  • New Badges - Show off your forum achievements!
  • New Reactions - See how much everyone likes you!
React more to a post
  • Not just a Like button anymore. Now you get a bunch of new Reactions to show how much you appreciate someone’s contribution
Advanced Notifications
  • Now you can set notifications, both in-forum or via email, for even more scenarios. (Email notifications should be disabled by default)

Please let us know if anything doesn’t work the way you expect, or if you have trouble with anything at all.

Thanks again, and we hope you enjoy the new D3 Go forum!

- The D3 Go! Team

Comments

• matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Options

So, I'm kinda digging on how this looks and feels in a web browser, but it is not really mobile friendly. Is that something that is still coming when this is all finalized and the dust settles? Is there an app that makes it more mobile friendly?

Still, thank you for the shiny and new! I appreciate you!

• Brigby
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    The colors need work. Your post is white. The background of the page is light grey. The text on your post is a slightly darker grey. The bolded text is a dark grey.

It all blends together, and is hard to read, hard to use, and hard to differentiate (the gap between your post and my quick reply box is very tiny, and almost disappears, because the light grey doesn't stand out between the two huge white boxes).

Combined with the bright neon colors used (where color is used at all), it's a bit of a headache.It's like the bad stuff of the 90's chat rooms and forums, but one step removed from "blinking green glittery text on a red background."

Also, the "Forum" link in the banner at the top still links to the old forums. I was talking to my alliance about the changes, and people hadn't realized the new forums were even up yet, because they keep getting this page https://d3go.com/forums/index.php that says the forums are down.
    The colors definitely could be a bit more contrasting, and we'll talk with the forum developers about that. The distance between the two boxes is actually the same as our old forum, so I think the grey background is what causes it to appear narrower.

You must be talking about the avatars. Those are the just the default images, so once forum members start uploading their own images, it should cut down on the eye-sore.

Yes. We're working with our server engineers to get the redirect link up and running. I guess you're just one of the few who are proactive and already found us!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can you Chang the forum link from the D3go site? It still send you to the old forums
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The text editor doesn't work right. Hitting home/end takes you to the start/end of a line. But ctrl-right/left arrow doesn't advance a single word, instead it goes to the start/end of a line. This makes editing via keyboard only quite annoying. Anyway this can get fixed to work like every other edit field.

KGB
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
     Ow, my eyes.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Holy moly.  Did you lift the mobile interface from 2002?
  • Coltsjustwin
    Coltsjustwin Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I can't wait to show my 3 year old twin girls....they will love the fonts, colors and smiley faces.

Seriously, what was wrong with the old look?
  • Steellatch
    Steellatch Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options
    Im going to enjoy messing around with all the new features. 

@Brigby Any tips and tricks I should know about?
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I used to be able to click on a red nane and search their posts. I could click on brigby and it would show new each of your comments. Now when I click your name it just shows me each topic you commented on. 
  • Brigby
    Options
    Eichen said:
    I used to be able to click on a red nane and search their posts. I could click on brigby and it would show new each of your comments. Now when I click your name it just shows me each topic you commented on. 
    You'll want to click on Comments on the right hand side of the person's profile. It will display at the bottom all of their comments. We're going to talk with the designer about if it's possible to add the URL link to the thread where that comment exists.
  • Carnifexx
    Carnifexx Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Firethorne, that is a level of planning that I find highly doubtful. 
     :D 
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Anyway for a user to reset their personal margins?  On a monitor that is 24" wide, the actual discussions take up only 12" and that's including the 1" dedicated to these smileys.