Adventures with 5* Wasp.

Options

Comments

• Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2022
    Options
    So... I think that I can post EARLY weekly update this time.

So This is how my top leveled characters look like. Captain America is not the next most covered as Killmonger & Shang Chi has 7 covers and My Yellowjacket, Deadpool and Odin also have 6 covers.

But this is a HUGE upgrade as now I can proclaim myself fuly a 5* player. I Have two, Fully functional teams (Wasp/Proff/Yelena and Brolaris+whatever) with lots off possible switches or pairings. Especially to backup Wasp. Yes, I do need more teams so when in pinch or wwith no health packs I can still push PVP or PVE.

As for now I stop puting ISO into 5* as I finished what was worthy here (unless I grab covers for any of top 6 not champed) and go back to 3* (5 to champ  as I got all natural covers or missing ones) and then to 4* (16 ready to champ). Red Guardian is lv 305 - 15 more to champ Yelena and switch to Thor and then... actually I dunno. Dock Ock/Kitty Feeder/Throg. Will see later.

As for my ISO Dept... its lower that I thougt. I found typo in my sheat (737 322 instead of 73 732)  so... its 764,5k for 3*, 4,5M for 5* and 5,9M for 4*. 

Despite some misscommunication, this year anni is a big hit.
  • Mr_F
    Options
    Late Weekly Update! Yai!

Late cause lastly I did not have much free time for posting here and there.

So I bought an ISO offer to fasten my 3* champion speed. They are done, and I am back into regular stuff. Which is 4* champing.

So as for now, my progress goes like this:

Five 5* till the end of year: Not much has changed. Still missing RG covers for Yelena and ~138 shards for Electro. And I am worried that I will not make it. Two months may not be enough. Still not gonna give up!

Current Sharget: Red Guardian is 308. So close.

4* Champion Progression: 91/130. War Machine is almost done. Next will be Worthy and then Talos (Yai!) and Moon Knight.

Iso Dept: With 3* done, 5* need 5,4M and 4* 5,57M. You may ask why 5* has skyrocketed.... well My Chasm who I despise and not want to use went from 6 covers into TEN. She Hulk got 3... Deeadpool from Vault. And Thor. Mighty Thor to be exact. I cant stop puling cause of shards for Electro. And wont complain abiut 5* covers.
  • Mr_F
    edited October 2022
    Options

Sometimes you got lucky with store offers in shards: Electro +2 covers. Shich means that with miletone for 100 4* champion its doable for her to be champed this year! Storm wpuld not be more harder than Yelena so... good day with good perspectives!

Red Guardian is up to 314 so... shards are coming! 6 covers guys till Yelena champed!

Also is Surfer ow enought god to put iso into him? I got 7 covers and he is 300 now so it would me 160k only. Thinking he would be "3rd wheel" and usefull when boosted.

• Mr_F
    Options

So I did not have time to summary Anniversary.

It was definetly good time. Kitty and BRB went to 11 covers from abyssmal amount. I have few more 5* waiting for ISO with 8+ covers (Emma and Chasm). Double if not tripple good as previous annis.

I spent ISO equal to champ six 4*, although I used it to level 3* and 5* mostly. I am back on track with 4* champing. Currwntly 93 done, 7 to do till reward from milestones and 7 more ready to be champed (total of 14)

My 5* progress looks like this: 2 are done. 2,5 covers from Red Guardian and Yelena also will be done. Mentioned above milestone + ~350 shards and I will have Electro done too, leaving Storm who will need 33 covers from Thor 4*. I might not be able to do that this year.

I switched teams in PVE: unless something is boosted which I can use, easy nodes I do with Wasp/Yelena/Proff, Hard nodes with Kitty/Grocket/Wasp and Essential with BRB/Polaris (due to it's faster).

PVP, sadly match making is broken. When I have something boosted I can go with Wasp, but if not I am screwed and matched with players who use boosted 5*. Definetly it needs some work and something is not working as it should: in a up to 400-500 PTS range, a player who's most leveled caracters are regular champed 5* should not be matched so frequently against someone who's most leveled 5* are boosted one. And I am a lot.* Which leads me to not using Wasp that much cause I do not have healthpacks to heal after every fight. I just run out of them do fast that I end up using better options and all of that for just 3-5 wins.
    Definetly not complaining. The fact that I can use Electro/Surfer to beat Chasm or iHulk or that I can use 3-4 teams is nice.

Which leads me to conlusion: You definetly CAN enter a 5* land with JUST Wasp and not be screwed. And later you CAN catch up with other 5* champions or baby 5* and still be able to do PVP. I can call it "Mission Completed". So I will skip regulat updated and post mean something bigger will happen.

• What I mean is that my most leveled characters are presented on SS few post above (switch Lumber Cap to 360 2/2/3 Surfer) and boosted 5* are way down that list. And 75%+ of time I see boosted and champed 5*, even when I just started and beat seed teams so I have like 100 PTS.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2022
    Options

@Mr_F said:
    PVP, sadly match making is broken. When I have something boosted I can go with Wasp, but if not I am screwed and matched with players who use boosted 5*. Definetly it needs some work and something is not working as it should: in a up to 400-500 PTS range, a player who's most leveled caracters are regular champed 5* should not be matched so frequently against someone who's most leveled 5* are boosted one. And I am a lot.* Which leads me to not using Wasp that much cause I do not have healthpacks to heal after every fight. I just run out of them do fast that I end up using better options and all of that for just 3-5 wins.

400-500 is the float point for every character except Chasm and iHulk or boosted characters. I run mThor and Chasm (both baby champed). I need to skip a lot to get to the 900pt range, although sometimes I tempt fate and attack boosted opponents. If I leave unshielded anywhere above 500 I drop below in a short period of time. So if you’re only seeing boosted characters that is definitely because you are reaching the upper range of the float point for most people. I think people see the 1200pt progression and think everyone should be able to achieve that, but it isn’t possible for most rosters. Once you break 900pts you aren’t protected by MMR anymore. Only shields or having absolutely jacked meta characters. Even then, if you are worth a lot of points you are vulnerable.

When I was 4* the low float was a good thing. It meant I could push to 700 and would drop so that I could push again. This meant I could pretty easily get to 75 wins in a pretty short amount of time. 25 or 50 would be pretty easy with Polaris and BRB. Wasp probably has as low a float as Shang-Chi so pushing from 200-300 it would be even easier to get to win progression.

• Mr_F
    Options

@Sekilicious said:

@Mr_F said:

400-500 is the float point for every character except Chasm and iHulk or boosted characters. I run mThor and Chasm (both baby champed). I need to skip a lot to get to the 900pt range. If I leave unshielded anywhere above 500 I drop below in a short period of time. So if you’re only seeing boosted characters that is definitely because you are reaching the upper range of the float point for most people.

It does not explain the source of what I see: Its obvious that when no suitable enemy is found, then I may face "unsuitable" one. But even at 150-300 range I frequantly have to skip a dozen of times to find enemy who is not boosted. I am not surprised with all the Chasm, SC or BRB teams no matter the boost list. Odly, I skip BRB and SC* more often than Chasm (Surfer is amazing vs him).

Maybe it's because I had to play in last two slices instead of two first and that causes the problem. I dunno but that is the only thing that chaanged in my PVP routine lastly.

*flip coin rule: do not enter the fight if you estimade chances for me less than 75%.

• Sekilicious
    edited November 2022
    Options

The boosted list doesn’t affect your MMR and yours considers you 5* player with ProfX and Wasp. Last weeks had mThor, Colossus, and Kamala. Two everyone recently broke hoards for and the other was the last time they broke the hoard. They were everywhere in every PvP. This list I have noticed there are fewer boosted out there.Slice 1 and Slice 4 are generally the busiest time slots so starting early in one of those would be your best chance at finding beatable opponents at low point totals. Leave Wasp out on defense and you should never have to worry about being knocked down to be able to push again.

Though not meta, BRB/Kitty/Polaris can beat most nodes in SCL10 and the really tough ones can be done with BRB/Polaris/1*Juggernaut. I did the Carbage nodes in the last PvE with that (Atlantis on Polaris, Carol’s Communicator on BRB, Juggernaut lvl 20 and only green unlocked).

• Mr_F
    Options

@Sekilicious said:
    The boosted list doesn’t affect your MMR and yours considers you 5* player with ProfX and Wasp.

Nice to know. TY for other advices.

Also, game is right. I AM a 5* player. Anniversary has boosted me into using basically only 5*, despite them being not champed, with exception to Grocket and Polaris and essentials.

That is why I wrote "Mission completed" on transitioting into 5* land through Wasp. Anniversary has ended two weeks ago and I did not used a single 4* since then unless its restricted or the meta duo.

I am basically considering skipping champing 4* after hitting 100 and pour ISO into 5* and then comeback to 4* as only they will left.

• Sekilicious
    Options

Sounds good. Polaris is slightly ahead of Wasp on the 5* tier list, at least until Wasp is rebalanced when Quantamania hits theatres. So you can say you only use 5s.

• Mr_F
    edited November 2022
    Options

Lastly I stopped pouring ISO into 4*. The reason is simple: I need four more to get milestones and they will come naturally with new releases, so I lv up the newest 4*. By the end of the year I will have them champed and Electro will be champed too (half shard cover needed). So I started lv up 5*. The only 5* I get often are new releases so when I use ISO on LL 5* I will get to post ISO faster.

But I write this post cause of the other reason being THIS:

Now working on Storm via Thor!

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It's great to see players achieving new personal milestone and working on the next one.

Wasp was one of my champed 5* in late October or early Nov.

Just out of curiosity, what made you chose Storm over Electro/Kitty (two feeders)/BRB?

• Mr_F
    edited November 2022
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    Just out of curiosity, what made you chose Storm over Electro/Kitty (two feeders)/BRB?

Electro is on progress of doing her. She is favourited and milestones shards (530) for 100 4* champions will be kept for her. So I need ~270 more shards and she will be champed.

Kitty and BRB were 1-4 cover before anniversary, so I just stick to the the plan I made long time ago. And It is not wise to change it because they are suddenly 11 cover: All of their feeders are not champed yet. In case of Kitty, cause I have 5 yellow in her I would have to go for shards and lv 320 Thor is closer in that. As for BRB, i have 4/4/5 Throg with little ISO spend on him and 4 saved covers. It equals to 26 covers for him. Thor requires 33. So I would rather put that ~350k ISO into my 5/5/2 Chasm than Throg now. When I fill finish chasing Electro, I will favourite Chasm (260 shards needed for 13th cover) as a back up plan for having five 5* champs till the end of the year. Unless RNGeus will bless LL pulls. Storm most likely will not be finished this year but who knows.

When I finish lv all of my 5* and will back with 4* champing - then I will chase Kitty and BRB. They are already highly usable for me the way they are now in PVE and PVP So I do not need to chase them now.

• Mr_F
    edited December 2022
    Options

This Just happened to me today. Last needed cover for my 1st fully natural pulled 5*. 120k ISO and he will be champed.

• Mr_F
    edited December 2022
    Options

With new feeder updates I had to switch from chasing Storm via Thor. Got thor to next level and already has switched to Dazzler. BUT I did bought chained offers with her (early Christmas gift) so I managed to get Thor into 302, grab the shards. Lucky me.

The LL/FF/Classics tokens I got thanks to that made that present even bigger! It is really nice to get TWO 5* champion in one day! With a marging of ZERO I managed to get enough shards to champ Electro and got lucky pulls for Emma. And cause I keep ISO just in case...

So the plan is as follow:

700 chards from milestone from getting 250 5* powers will go to Kitty. I have 11 covers and have 300 shards so that makes two covers and champing.

The 530 shards from 100 4* champions will go to IShulkie - I shargeted her and I have 11 covers for her. If I will get lucky with pulls, I will give them to BRB, but if not then she will be champed too. I have put ISO into her to partner her with Chasm in place of Silk.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,017 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Wasp’s new best partner is Deathlock. He solves her speed problem for firing her powers. Find another technologist as a 3rd (like Rescue) for some really fast power firing. And Deathlock adds to the damage she does with his focus point mechanic.

• Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Tiger_Wong said:
    Wasp’s new best partner is Deathlock. He solves her speed problem for firing her powers. Find another technologist as a 3rd (like Rescue) for some really fast power firing. And Deathlock adds to the damage she does with his focus point mechanic.

You have Chasm and you’re using Wa5p 🤣 heaven help you

• Mr_F
    edited December 2022
    Options

@Rod5 said:

@Tiger_Wong said:

I am using all off my 5* you see on 1st screen plus iShulk. It depends who is boosted, what mode I play and how much time I have. Six 5* champs and 4 420lv+ makes some quite combos I can unleash. I do not stop in just using Chasm cause I have him.

Also I will appreaciate every team that can use Wasp and I can use.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,017 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Rod5 said:

@Tiger_Wong said:

I have all but 2 5s champed (hit monkey and arcade).
    I have all but namora champed from my 4
    s and have about 65 dupes champed

I don’t need help. I’m at the point in this game where I can do whatever the heck I want. But apparently you need attention. Is this enough little boy?

• Mr_F
    Options

So... It's time to explain my lack of updates.

There is nothing to update at all, especially not too often. In 2022 I have managed to do all my major goals behind this project. Wasp is my 1st 5* champion, I managed to get not 5 but 8 champions by the end of the last year - beyond the previous six, I hit milestone and champed Kitty with it and got covers for iShulkie. I have enough staple income of ISO to champ newest 5* and 4* right the way they hit 13 covers and gradually champ others over the time. I broke my little hoard today and champed Arcade, got nice pulls, 500* bonus shards for BRB so I am 311 shards for him to be champed too. 3 covers and 19 shards for Dazzler and Storm will be champed too.

So I have proven that you can transition into 5* land via Wasp and then use non meta champions there and still progress normally. And still use her and enjoy that. Nothing more to add.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Wasp is going to get a rework soon. Enjoy playing with her current abilities and remember to take videos for memory sake. :D