Upcoming Bonus Character Release (8/5/22)

Options

Comments

• CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanks for the all the answers. I’m a saver so now I know where I can up my game.

NMANOZ1 said:
    This might sound crazy but I would like to see a free roster slot added as a reward somehow or daily resupply.
    I’d appreciate this over an anniversary/limited character.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why not open up your wallet and buy some HP?
  • JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I do appreciate the devs trying new things so I am looking for the positives in this. Hopefully the new character will feed one of the 5*s I am struggling to cover.

But it does seem a bit disingenuous to describe this as a 'bonus' rather than just an extra release. Most of my alliance are still battling to complete their 4* rosters so this is another character to deplete their HP and iso. It reminds me a bit of companies giving away free printers which seems great until you see how much the ink costs. I don't think many players are calling for a faster release schedule so I hope this is just a one off.

The communication is appreciated though and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the character will be good.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Precisely. Are vet players so hard up for hp? For new players, it's part and parcel of life to miss characters due to lack of hp. The new dev has been really generous so far, and some are already unhappy with one additional release. Wait till September where players get an additional 600-800(?) hp to offset the extra character release.  :/
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Are people with over 300 slots worried about not being able to keep up because they need the slots for dupes?

If that's the case, getting a free cover doesn't interfere with your ability to keep up with releases. It interferes with your ability to keep up with releases while also farming dupes, which isn't a feature of the game, it's just something extra people choose to do. 

Seems silly to complain about it, unless people just like complaining because that's how they get their way, but maybe I just don't understand. 

Right now it feels like we're getting a lot of extra attention to things people said they wanted and people are going out of their way to complain about it to see what else they can get. 

Oh yeah, forgot where I was for a minute. 
    Sorry, but absolutely nobody asked for more characters per month.
    Ever.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Then, you must be out of touch. New/young players want to see more 3* in the game.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nice moving of the goalposts.
    We're talking about an additional 4* here.
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bowgentle said:

Sorry, but absolutely nobody asked for more characters per month.
    Ever.
    And? 

First, that's not true. People have asked for more 3 stars in this forum, just an example off the top of my head.

Second, even if you were correct, your focus on what you view as a negative while ignoring any other points being made is a choice. For example, you quoted me, then commented something that ignored most of what I said.

Every player won't ever be happy because the needs of players at different places in the game will always conflict. We can choose what we focus on though, and to be positive or negative about it.

And my point was that it gets old seeing people complain about nothing. My issue with those with over 300 slots complaining about not having enough slots to cover one additional character, qualifies as complaining over nothing, because they have plenty of slots, they just don't want to give up a dupe slot to do it. 

Some will disagree with me, and they are welcome to address it if they'd like. I realize I'm asking for heat from people, but I can express my opinion as well.  And we can choose whether we take a moment to consider the opinions of others and possibly change our minds... Or just get mad and flame each other.

I understand long time players like farming dupes, I do it myself, but it's not really a game feature and anyone with over 300 slots can easily make room for one more character.  

Last point and I'll stop ranting, yes, dilution is an issue that needs to be dealt with for the long term health of the game, but one more bonus character is not going to tip the scales anywhere. So, why can't we just take our free cover and go? I'm not saying don't address dilution, but don't just complain to complain.  

Have a great day. 
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 460 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My tinfoil hat theory on this release is that it has to do with contractual obligations to Marvel and the need to get in-game advertising for some new property or show.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Are people with over 300 slots worried about not being able to keep up because they need the slots for dupes?

Not me. Like the 2 other posters above, I have well over 80K HP and could easily raise another 5K or more if I opened a few thousand stored tokens and cycled my 2/3* farms.

I imagine these extra characters are the way they are going to catch up on feeders. If that's the case, then for all those complaining, Shardmas is what's caused this to have to happen since they don't want another retro reward debacle.

Even though I am in  late 4* land, yet another 4* has very little excitement unless it's a meta character on the level of Polaris, America etc who can play up in 5* land. So the only excitement is if it's a feeder.

KGB

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm reading a lot of post complaining about having to spend HP on new characters. So:
    Caution! Spoiler incoming!: You are playing a gacha game. It will continue releasing characters. It's how these type of games use to work.
    Is all lost already? No! You have some choices, I will try to enumerate them for you:
    - you can sell a dupe character, any 1* if you have more than 1
    - you can skip the character totally
    - you can play hard to earn HP
    - you can buy HP and support the game. It's nice.
    - you can quit the game if you don't like all the previous options.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Anybody happen to keep metrics on what % of the characters in this game are actually utilized as opponents in PVE nodes? I wouldn’t be surprised if it were 25% or less. Hopefully some new content utilizing these new characters is on the agenda as well.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    KGB said:
    <snip>

I imagine these extra characters are the way they are going to catch up on feeders. If that's the case, then for all those complaining, Shardmas is what's caused this to have to happen since they don't want another retro reward debacle.

<snip>

KGB

How was it a debacle? I thought it was great...
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yepyep said:
    KGB said:
    <snip>

<snip>

KGB

Seconded.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Yepyep said:
    KGB said:
    <snip>

<snip>

KGB

It was great only after they gave us full rewards. They didn't intend to.  They only gave like 1/3 of the rewards at first. 

It was only after huge back lash of players bombarding them with negative comments on the forum and face book and review bombing the game in the app store and stopping any spending they did on the game that they gave us full retro rewards.

They've never updated feeders since then.  So players have inferredfrom this that don't want to give us full rewards for retro feeders but also know the fans will riot if they update feeders and don't give 100 percent of the retro rewards.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    @Bowgentle I thought you said "more characters per month", which would include the future. It's just one more character this month. If they start doing this more frequently, then it's something they have to clarify.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Will this additional 4* mean we are getting a new character for the next 4 concurrent weeks? When do the 3/5s start? Next 5* drop?
  • HoundofShadow
    edited August 2022
    Options
    They didn't say that there will be 2 4* and 1 5* release a month. This bonus 4* is probably an uncommon arrangements. 

They did mentioned that they will revamp DDQ and do something to help players soften the impact of 3 releases a month beginning September.

September 22 is the scheduled 5* release date. However, they could release another 5* on September 1, 8, 15 or 29 if they want to (for whatever reasons). I think this happened before 2-3 years ago but I can't remember the exact tradeoff.