Upcoming Bonus Character Release (8/5/22)

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin

Hey all,

It’s new character release time again! We’ll be apprising you of the newest character’s abilities on Monday, as our ordinary course. However, we wanted to inform you that after this new character, we’ll be releasing a bonus 4-Star character to the game the week after! This is in addition to the normal release schedule, so we’ll be releasing the next 4-Star as usual, another 4-Star the next week, then the standard 5-Star release.

To assist with the distribution of this sudden character windfall, we’ll be giving away a copy of this bonus character, pro bono. We hope you’ll look forward to both the next character’s reveal and the information drop on this bonus character next week!

In Brief:

• 8/5 - Spoiler-Free for 4-Star clue character “Something borrowed… something green”
  • 8/8 - Information on 4-Star character, clue for 4-Star Bonus character
  • 8/11 - Release of 4-Star character
  • 8/12 - Spoiler Free for 4-Star Bonus character
  • 8/15 - Information on 4-Star Bonus character
  • 8/18 - Release and free cover of 4-Star Bonus character
  • (Return to standard schedule) 8/19 - Spoiler-Free of 5-Star character

Comments

• Dok12
    Dok12 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Wait, they can do that? :open_mouth:

New devs really changing the game :) 
  • jeffsterz
    jeffsterz Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    Hope it feeds Havok.. Still missing that 5.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up!!!  I look forward to the new characters.  I hope I have enough HP to roster 2 4* so quickly.

oh wait I have 84395 HP.  I’m good
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options
    wymtime said:
    Thanks for the heads up!!!  I look forward to the new characters.  I hope I have enough HP to roster 2 4* so quickly.

Pretty sure not everyone is so flush.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, I don’t love it at all, but it seems to be a one time deal rather than the new norm, so it’s fine. Plus I’ve liked all the other changes and communication so far from the new devs. I’m curious as to why this is happening more than anything else. Maybe more will be revealed when we know who the character is. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime said:

86,215 for me. I love farming. :) I also see doing bonus 4s as a way to slowly catch up to giving every 5* a feeder.
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 713 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I wonder if it's one of the characters that lost out to Black Knight in the contest from January of this year?  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Fingers crossed for Night Nurse i guess.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The latest 4* preview doesn't look like She-Hulk. There isn't any tile destruction at all, which is typical of all the Hulks in-game.

She-Hulk releases on August 17 and this means the bonus 4* is related to She-Hulk because it's the closest date to her TV show and the fact that they are giving away free cover for this bonus 4* character kind of strengthen the argument. Anyway, the new 4* ability is interesting.
  • jeffsterz
    jeffsterz Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    So will this cover be featured in anything? Will it be included in any rewards from PvE/PvP? If not, it’ll take a while to champ and get 10 covers over. 
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 432 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    jeffsterz said:
    So will this cover be featured in anything? Will it be included in any rewards from PvE/PvP? If not, it’ll take a while to champ and get 10 covers over. 

That's the real question, they'd have to do away with one of the "old" character rotation slots in favor of the new one to not make this "bonus" release anything other than a total waste.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is this another limited character?
  • IceIX
    Options
    Is this another limited character?
    It is not, no.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Will this extra 4* interfere with the schedule of new and improved boss event at the end of a season giving 5* rewards?

We haven't had a new release boss event in quite a while... Just saying.  :)
  • IceIX
    Options
    Kolence said:
    Will this extra 4* interfere with the schedule of new and improved boss event at the end of a season giving 5* rewards?

You've been getting new release 5-Star characters from the latest Boss Events though, so...
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IceIX said:
    Kolence said:

You've been getting new release 5-Star characters from the latest Boss Events though, so...
    Oh, for sure. No complaining here.
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    As long as [Bonus] is a feeder, I'm all for it!
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,404 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is this how they are going to catch up the 5* feeders?