Upcoming Bonus Character Release (8/5/22)

Options

Comments

• bladewing
    bladewing Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I need a feeder for Shang-Chi!  :)
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime said:
    Thanks for the heads up!!!  I look forward to the new characters.  I hope I have enough HP to roster 2 4* so quickly.

oh wait I have 84395 HP.  I’m good
    Pretty sure not everyone is so flush.
    The benifit of playing since close to launch.
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    We need more 4s released than 5s to catch up on feeders so I think this is a good thing.

I personally think that if you are hurting so much for HP then you just aren't in a spot in the game yet where you need every 4 rostered, which is fine. I didn't get all the 4s rostered until like a year ago, but keeping up on HP since has been quite easy without needing to grind events. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We need more 4s released than 5s to catch up on feeders so I think this is a good thing.

I personally think that if you are hurting so much for HP then you just aren't in a spot in the game yet where you need every 4 rostered, which is fine. I didn't get all the 4s rostered until like a year ago, but keeping up on HP since has been quite easy without needing to grind events. 
    That was before characters came out weekly (maybe) with tandem 3/5 releases in addition though?
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If the bonus character feeds a 5 star, awesome, if not, oh joy more dilution haha
  • LucasRaven
    LucasRaven Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This thread is wild. Can't believe all the complaints about getting a free new 4*. Good God.

Also, I'm guessing the 4* coming Monday and the bonus one will be a she Hulk tie in. It's the only thing that makes sense to me. 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This thread is wild. Can't believe all the complaints about getting a free new 4*. Good God.

Also, I'm guessing the 4* coming Monday and the bonus one will be a she Hulk tie in. It's the only thing that makes sense to me. 
    Must be your first time in the forum, welcome . Get used to it if you stay .
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So your solution to the increased roster slot pressure from an added character per month from September is... To start the 3 chars / month in August.
    Makes sense.
  • CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    For players past 300 slots, where y’all spending your HPs?
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    For me boosts, shields and health packs in pvp.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Character slots, boosts, pvp shields, shards and vaults that have 5* shards in them that I need and I'll spend a little on the Anniversary vault if it's decent.
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If the bonus character feeds a 5 star, awesome, if not, oh joy more dilution haha
    They previously announced that every new character would be a feeder from now on. 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,711 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    May as well have gone all in with an extra 5*.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I spend on slots, ap boosts, pvp shields (150-300hp and up to 1050hp for T5/10 placements) and healthpacks. The reason why I spend on healthpacks sometimes, mostly in shield sim, is due to inspiration for new teams. I can't afford to lose that fire due to rng from pulling healthpacks.

And every 4* will be a feeder, even if it doesn't make sense thematically.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’m not over 300 slots yet, but I’m pretty close.

I’m usually around 1k-3k hp so I can always buy a roster slot.
    Most of my hp goes to slots -> 5* hp store daily deals -> shards -> some vaults.

Once we are getting 3 characters a month there will probably be no chance I’ll dip into vaults with hp.
  • Milmanias
    Milmanias Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Bad said:
    I'm honestly amazed at new devs ideas.
    According to Q&A, they designed: hulking (great character), Gorr(my usually main PvE third wheel), new 4* character (powers which can disable abilities), KK (really fun character who can allow fast winfinite), MThor ( not needed words here), and chasm(a character with huge potential).
    And as a bonus, extra 4* characters.
    It's hard to believe the amount of fresh ideas they have and how hard they are working on the game even when we are not still on September.
    Now I'd want to say on this very thread that the best thing it could happen to MPQ is Broken Circle Studio taking  charge of.
    Well said! My sentiments exactly. Looking forward to more 5* feeders ( I selfishly want Deadpool and Ronan) so looking forward to an extra 4. And Broken Circle has made the game feel fresh again.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,623 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    NMANOZ1 said:
    This might sound crazy but I would like to see a free roster slot added as a reward somehow or daily resupply.
    It is not insane but sadly very unlikely.