MPQ Halloween 2021 Activities

12345679»

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,805 Chairperson of the Boards
    dianetics said:
    To be cynical money. The cover race and roster slots that fuel earnings is the reason.
    From a business perspective why would I pay time and money to a pr person to explain development.
    from a practical perspective it’s just lazy.
    There is probably no specific reason but many different factors when the actual audience is a tiny minority of the player base 
    I honestly don't know.  Basically every competitive game provides this kind of information, in varying amounts, on a regular basis.  Those games don't seem to lose money over it, and in fact the successful games all do it. 

I'm talking about keeping players somewhat informed about the general direction and design of the game. 

How long would it take to tell us they currently have no plans to negatively change characters in the future, and they're looking into hard counters (or soft counters) for a short list of specified characters?  It's a brief paragraph tacked onto a new character announcement.

When is a character too weak, or too powerful?  Why did they choose to rework Ghost Rider?  Can we expect more 5* reworks?

Why do we have to speculate and debate about this when they could quickly, easily, definitively answer these kinds of questions?

Giving us highly detailed, 1000-page insider discussions that are formatted and written up by PR people...that's never going to happen, but also *nobody else does that and that's not at all what I'm asking for*.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    Obviously your questions are valid.
    I just guess that engagement is so low because it is mostly a mobile game that they no fiscal reason to do it.
    if less than 1% of your player base is engaged then there is no incentive to do it.

it would be cool if they did dev diary’s and design reviews. I just guess they think those resources would be better spent elsewhere.
  • entrailbucket
    Right.  So maybe the reason is that they think it'd be too hard, or they think nobody would care, and maybe they're right.  It would be cool and useful if they did it, but maybe they just can't.

The reason I've become a raving crazy person posting 1000-word rants about this is that I honestly cannot believe there are a large number of engaged players on this forum who *don't* want to know these answers, who prefer to be kept in the dark, or who think the devs answering these questions would somehow be detrimental. 

I just can't wrap my mind around that attitude at all.
  • dianetics
    Would I like it? Yeah.
    You are not wrong.
    to be honest I don’t care either way I just accept the situation presented to me.
    Im too old now to be bothered by others shortcomings. /shrug
    Again I would love to see the community engagement, but im not surprised it is not a priority.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards

The reason I've become a raving crazy person posting 1000-word rants about this is that I honestly cannot believe there are a large number of engaged players on this forum who *don't* want to know

"large number" - where are you getting that from? 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    So to put it clear: Do you want an explanation on why a character was releaded 8 months ago and for what reason your broken baby champed Ihulk got harmed?
    And if they will continue this behaviour? 
    Honestly I'm not interested in an official explanation like that as I can figure out all the answers.
    So about that theme I guess I will be "in the dark".
    On rebalancing characters theme I could be more interested, though. 
  • entrailbucket
    DAZ0273 said:

The reason I've become a raving crazy person posting 1000-word rants about this is that I honestly cannot believe there are a large number of engaged players on this forum who *don't* want to know

It is made up. He is referencing his accusations to two other players earlier in the thread, where they more or less expressed dianetics opinion in the post above, but he interpreted it to mean they preferred being kept in the dark. And now it appears he is conflating that fallacious opinion to everyone who does not go on 1000 word rants about the lack of communication as preferring a state of ignorance. In spite of the fact no one has expressed that opinion.  
    I think, at this point, it would be better to stop.

Sincere (and I do mean this) apologies for wasting anyone's time or offending anyone, that was not my intention.
  • dianetics
    I’m not sure he was trying to express my opinion.
    I’m pretty sure he was just pondering why other users were not as vocal as he is in wanting the devs to release things like dev diaries etc.
    He just wants to devs to be more active with the community, and you cannot fault him for that.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Probably is best to let it lie at this point. For my part, I'd like to know, but I realistically don't think it would be good for paying players to know nerfs were coming based off the history of how nerfs go in this game. If we had more trust "rebalances" to bring a character down from god tier weren't going to result in trash tier results, maybe that wouldn't be the case.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:

It is made up. He is referencing his accusations to two other players earlier in the thread, where they more or less expressed dianetics opinion in the post above, but he interpreted it to mean they preferred being kept in the dark. And now it appears he is conflating that fallacious opinion to everyone who does not go on 1000 word rants about the lack of communication as preferring a state of ignorance. In spite of the fact no one has expressed that opinion.  

Sincere (and I do mean this) apologies for wasting anyone's time or offending anyone, that was not my intention.
    I apologize, I was probably too harsh in my assessment. It is difficult for me to tell sometimes. I will remove my comment. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think actually there was no offense. Each one stating his viewpoint, that's all.
    A pov that can be totally different depending on each MMR. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:

My comment was also not meant as any sort of confrontational nonsense, Mr. Bucket. A bit of exaggeration is a crime we all commit from time to time - if I had 560,000 times I was guilty of that I would have a champed 5* Wasp!
  • entrailbucket
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

My comment was also not meant as any sort of confrontational nonsense, Mr. Bucket. A bit of exaggeration is a crime we all commit from time to time - if I had 560,000 times I was guilty of that I would have a champed 5* Wasp!
    I think I just did a bad job of getting my point across, or people read something into what I was saying that was unintended, and it spiraled from there.

No offense taken, from anyone.

And yes, everyone calls me bucket or eb.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    dianetics said:
    To be cynical money. The cover race and roster slots that fuel earnings is the reason.
    From a business perspective why would I pay time and money to a pr person to explain development.
    There is probably no specific reason but many different factors when the actual audience is a tiny minority of the player base 
    I honestly don't know.  Basically every competitive game provides this kind of information, in varying amounts, on a regular basis.  Those games don't seem to lose money over it, and in fact the successful games all do it. 

I'm talking about keeping players somewhat informed about the general direction and design of the game. 

How long would it take to tell us they currently have no plans to negatively change characters in the future, and they're looking into hard counters (or soft counters) for a short list of specified characters?  It's a brief paragraph tacked onto a new character announcement.

When is a character too weak, or too powerful?  Why did they choose to rework Ghost Rider?  Can we expect more 5* reworks?

Why do we have to speculate and debate about this when they could quickly, easily, definitively answer these kinds of questions?

Giving us highly detailed, 1000-page insider discussions that are formatted and written up by PR people...that's never going to happen, but also *nobody else does that and that's not at all what I'm asking for*.
    You keep mentioning these other games that give all this insider information. Are any of them competitive MOBILE games? Because MPQ seems to be doing just fine doing what they are doing. Very few mobile games last 8+ years, and it’s a match-3 game at that. Pretty much unheard of for a mobile game to have that kind of shelf life. Instead of doing what other game developers are doing, maybe other mobile game developers need to take a page from MPQs book. 
  • entrailbucket
    dianetics said:

You keep mentioning these other games that give all this insider information. Are any of them competitive MOBILE games? Because MPQ seems to be doing just fine doing what they are doing. Very few mobile games last 8+ years, and it’s a match-3 game at that. Pretty much unheard of for a mobile game to have that kind of shelf life. Instead of doing what other game developers are doing, maybe other mobile game developers need to take a page from MPQs book. 
    Sorry, I'm done with this.  It's not a good use of anyone's time at this point.

Maybe someone else will reply!
  • Sekilicious
    edited October 2021
    dianetics said:

Sorry, I'm done with this.  It's not a good use of anyone's time at this point.

Maybe someone else will reply!
    This is my bad. Looking back on my comment it more than a little bullying. I hope you don’t feel your contributions here are not appreciated because they are. 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    Srheer0 said:
    "This has been the hardest year as a hoarder as even I have struggled to find reason to break on one poor release after another. "

What? Shangchi, wanda and colossus not good enough for you? Saving for 3 metas in a special store or 3 metas in Latest at the same time? @Tony_Foot

That's 3 characters in a year, no that's not enough for me and why I have 325LT's and 22,000 CP! I've missed absolutely nothing on the ones I've skipped, maybe KM for his strength when boosted but I'm not losing any sleep over him.

Besides, for every Loki that people turned out to have correctly predicted to be awful, there is a Kitty or Colossus that people predicted would be mid-tier.
    That simply isn't true. For every Loki there isn't a Kitty. It's no way near 1 to 1. For every Kitty there are 6 you can roster and never ever use that better readers of the game than me spot on day 1. Let's see this list or predictions that people stated were mid tier that turned out to be a Kitty? In all the time I've been using this forum I've seen it perhaps 3 or 4 times and even then it's debatable.

Kitty, but there were posters in her release thread warning of exactly how powerful she was.
    Colossus, pretty much the only one I've seen called by so many wrong.
    Okoye, quite a few thought she was meh.

Who are all these others predicted wrong on a 1 to 1 scale? "for every Loki there's a kitty"
    There really isn't.

• Sekilicious
    Tony_Foot said:

Who are all these others predicted wrong on a 1 to 1 scale? "for every Loki there's a kitty"

I suppose it would depend on your definition of trash tier. In my assessment there are 6-8 5* characters that are not worth rostering, especially now that there are boosts. That is about as many meta characters there are, of which Kitty is one. With a "If you ain't first you're last" mentality there are a lot more trash tier characters.

So if your only interested in meta, as your response to Sheero suggests, your choice is to build your hoard to 1800 pulls and get three or more 550 characters. There is a story on Reddit that of someone who hoarded 5000 pulls and ended with 8 meta characters at 550 with switches with customer service. They did PvE and PvP with Okoye and Thor and skipped Apocalypse during the hoard but have all the meta characters at 550 now. There is your way forward if you don't roster non-meta characters.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,902 Chairperson of the Boards
    Happy Halloween to you and everyone else.
    KGB
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,909 Chairperson of the Boards
    Happy Halloween!  :)