MPQ Halloween 2021 Activities

Options
Neko
Neko Posts: 91 Site Admin
edited October 2021 in MPQ General Discussion

Oh my gourd-ness, get your costumes and pumpkins ready because it’s finally time for Halloween with MARVEL Puzzle Quest! Log in every day between October 21 through November 3 to find Halloween themed events and offers! See a few highlights of MPQ’s Halloween fun below, no tricks, just treats! Have a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

• Halloween themed activities will be live from 10/26 - 11/3.

• Halloween-esque comic cover swaps for the following characters: Squirrel Girl (Unbeatable), Carnage (Cletus Kasady), Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze), Punisher (MAX), Miles Morales (Spider-Man), Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers), The Hulk (Immortal), Black Widow (Infinity War), Wolfsbane (Ronnie Sinclair), Daredevil (Man Without Fear), and Misty Knight (Heroes for Hire).

• Rebalance of character - Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes).

• A new 5-Star Character: Gamora (Deadliest Woman) has arrived!

• Versus tournaments featuring Gamora (Deadliest Woman), Angel (All-New X-Men), Doctor Doom (Classic), Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes), and more!

• Halloween Horrors Limited Vault will be available (10/27 - 11/1). A FREE Login Token Gift will be included with the release on the vault!

• Special Halloween themed offers will pop up throughout the event!

Cloak & Dagger Costume Bundle: 10/23 - 10/26
Bundle includes the Death Costume, all powers for Cloak & Dagger (Classic), and Hero Points!

Scarlet Witch Costume Bundle: 10/25 - 10/28
Bundle includes the Bewitching Costume, all powers for Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff), along with Heroic Tokens!
Tagged:

Comments

• mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Options

OMG  Yes! Fingers crossed
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,919 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mdreyer93 said:

OMG  Yes! Fingers crossed
    How...what.  That's great!
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,713 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A bizarre choice for a re balance but whatever. 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It'll be cool to see what the rebalance is.  Can't be a nerf... he hasn't been a problem.  But wonder if it'll at least show up on the radar, unlike Archangel.  ;)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Very interesting indeed. Robbie had been featured quite a lot recently too in both stores and boost lists...
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So I'm gonna make a prediction on his changes based on what they did to Archangel who had very similar numbers.
    Hell Ride goes from 9 AP to 8 AP
    Damnation goes from 10 AP to 8 AP
    Match damage goes up 20-25%
    Health goes up 20-25%
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So I'm gonna make a prediction on his changes based on what they did to Archangel who had very similar numbers.
    Health goes up 20-25%
    How about adding 'damage cannot be reduced' to one of his powers?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Excited for another 5-star rebalance. Hopefully it makes him better. Extra-hopeful that it means more of them are in the pipeline (especially for characters that more desperately need them).
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Excited for another 5-star rebalance. Hopefully it makes him better. Extra-hopeful that it means more of them are in the pipeline (especially for characters that more desperately need them).
    This!  Make classics great again.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Health goes up 20-25%
    Well while not exciting, even the above rebalance would make him better.
  • entrailbucket
    Options
    I'm hoping for a change to his red, which is bad.  The rest of his powers are fine, I guess?  They could give him Penance Stare for consistency's sake.

If it's an Archangel-type buff I don't really see that making him good/usable when not boosted, but at this point any buff to an old character is welcome.

(If they overshoot with an X-Force style buff it'd be so awesome though!)
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,713 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Perhaps it’s a cap marvel style nerf due to an upcoming character.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’m very curious what this rebalance will entail. Giving him a proper Penance Stare and reducing his green cost would make him a bit of a terror against Hulk teams. I’ve always wished his green would benefit from the power boosters.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm intrigued by the Robbie rebalance but waiting until I see the details. I still have a bad taste in my mouth from when they rebalanced Carnage and Kingpin.

Yeah I know they reversed Carnages nerf but still.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Let’s face it , the only rebalance any of us cares about is :  Negates enemy team passives ( for X turns ) or some variation of this effect . Otherwise none of you are still going to use him regardless of rebalance.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Is there a typo in one of the dates? It says "Log in every day between October 21 through November 3".

I wonder if his rebalance will be Archangel-like rebalance or 5* Dr Ock-like rebalance. Based on past histories, when a single character is rebalanced, it's an overhaul. When it's a batch-rebalance, it's some small tweaks.
  • entrailbucket
    Options
    Is there a typo in one of the dates? It says "Log in every day between October 21 through November 3".

I wonder if his rebalance will be Archangel-like rebalance or 5* Dr Ock-like rebalance. Based on past histories, when a single character is rebalanced, it's an overhaul. When it's a batch-rebalance, it's some small tweaks.
    My favorite was the time they buffed X-Force Wolverine from a completely unplayable joke character to the best character in the game, overnight. 

(X-Force was the first 4* -- he was in the game at launch.  He was actually so bad back then that he was much worse than most of the 3*.  I used to tell people to sell his covers for the HP instead of rostering him.)

The buff to 5* Captain America was pretty huge because he went from totally useless and awful to mediocre, but nobody noticed because he was still mediocre.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't remember 5* Captain America getting buffed.