***** Shang-Chi (Origin) *****

Comments

• froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    @Thanos
    Thank you for posting the demos, he looks really fun and interesting to play!
    That final 400K crit was wonderful.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Without a doubt he will be bad in defense. 
    However he has one thing that really few characters have: he doesn't need anyone. 
    No multiplier, no special tiles.
    And then if the the okoye/apocalypse slot is free, new teams can appear.
    It's hard to tell how much popularity will have but imo his concept is great and it's gamechanging.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    One other aspect of a character's popularity has to do with who else is in Latest with them.  I wonder whether SW/Colossus are only as popular together because they happened to share the same token pool. 

We'll have to see who follows Shang Chi in tokens, because it seems players do not want Electro and are split on Odin.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2021
    Meta: most effective tactic available in this case, as an adjective.

I am of a mind he is a monster in the players’ hands but is going to be an extremely brittle glass canon on defense.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    When his CP store rolls around i'll level him up and see what his numbers look like. A level 480+ Shang may be hop viable in pvp. If they would just change his blue to be like Okoye's black he'd be a little better defensively.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    those combo points are not going to accumulate very well. 
  • entrailbucket
    Meta: most effective tactic available in this case, as an adjective.

I am of a mind he is a monster in the players’ hands but is going to be an extremely brittle glass canon on defense.
    That's actually a backronym!  MMO players retroactively created that definition because they were using it incorrectly for so long.

...it doesn't matter, it just drives me crazy for no good reason.  An old player in my alliance used to use "metas" to refer to all characters, he said it was short for "metahumans," which I'm pretty sure isn't even a Marvel thing.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    I think "meta humans" is strictly a DC thing.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Meta in greek means "after" or "beyond" and it implies what it is trascending , seeing the thing in a higher perspective than just the thing in itself.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    He's looking real good as a PvE hero. He may be a liability in pvp on defense though, because the AI won't use him properly. His ramp up is pretty slow, but once he gets going he just crushes. He may pair pretty well with 5clops and samurai daken.
    Not sure I'll chase him, I'll wait to see who comes after him.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2021
    His Combo Point actually adds to his base match damage. I thought it works similarly to Mockingbird's. Thus, his red match-3 with 10 Combo Points deals 19,056 damage. A critical red match-3 deals 85,752. 

A red match-3 with 2 charged tiles and 10 combo Points at level 450 deals 200, 088. Calculation for this is:

Damage of one red charged tile: (5360+992)*3= 19056
    Damage of one red tile:  6352
    Critical multiplier: 4.5

((19056 x 2) + 6352)) * 4.5 = 200, 088.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    His Combo Point actually adds to his base match damage. I thought it works similarly to Mockingbird's. Thus, his red match-3 with 10 Combo Points deals 19,056 damage. A critical red match-3 deals 85,752. 

A red match-3 with 2 charged tiles and 10 combo Points at level 450 deals 200, 088. Calculation for this is:

Damage of one red charged tile: (5360+992)*3= 19056
    Damage of one red tile:  6352
    Critical multiplier: 4.5

((19056 x 2) + 6352)) * 4.5 = 200, 088.
    Did anyone reach 10 Combo points ? I got to 3 once in two battles 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got him to 6 and would have easily got him higher had the enemy had more health after I set up with his blue. I mean for how I play I might as well skip him but I like his skill set so will most likely get him.

I mainly just want CL10 characters and in reality very very few do much for me to stop me blasting through with okoye prof and ihulk. Even the god boost rarely get a look in as it’s not usually faster than that team for the pick 3 and occasionally I use the BRB team for problem CLS.

I’ve no interest in pvp, so don’t need them all and can get to 500 every time with okoye thor so far, no point putting LT and CP pressure on myself trying to get them all.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2021
    I got him to seven once and probably could have gone further but it was a bad board. He definitely needs someone to convert tiles to red or pink to be consistent. Chavez adding critical tiles would help a lot as well.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,908 Chairperson of the Boards

It's doable but you need a really favorable board. 
  • entrailbucket
    It's really hard to get to 10 in these because the enemy doesn't have enough health.
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    I see someone with a level 549 Shang Chi.  How's that possible?
  • entrailbucket
    MrPlow said:
    I see someone with a level 549 Shang Chi.  How's that possible?
    It's not.  Put in a CS ticket reporting that player and they'll deal with it.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I one shot a full health BRB with minimum level of 569 with a red critical match-5. Shang Chi is going to make many challenge nodes look like a joke. It's time to increase enemy level to 600k hp each.  :D
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    I had a blast in his PVP to pair the loaner Shang-Chi with 3* Scarlet Witch and a 5/x/x lvl 209 4* Professor X. Usually I could puzzle my way to a win after Switch's countdown resolved.