***** Shang-Chi (Origin) *****

167891012»

Comments

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    What'a your build for that particular team? 5 in red should have higher probability of making match-5?
    Yeah, 5/5/3 in both PvP and PvE. This seems to be his best build for a mostly 4* roster.  I also played around with SC at 3/5/5 with Karnak (also 3/5/5) and Chavez but this is decidedly slower than using SC's red to hunt for match-5s and red/purple matches. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you see opponent with red as strongest colour, you can try using Rogue and 3* Cyclops. Since SC is so popular, it's not difficult to find one. She will double your red ap gains and triple SC's match damage. 3* Cyclops will feed you more red. Go in with +2 green aps. The only thing you need to worry is hitting 14 red aps because Rogue will explode.

• Sekilicious
    edited November 2021
    Looks like I need to champ Rogue asap. I wonder what the calculation is for Rogue Passive + Charged tile + Critical + Combo.  Good thing SC doesn't have Cable's passive I guess. 

Speaking of which. How does Cable's passive work? Does Cable have to fire a power? Probably I guess. I will look it up when I have time. 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,771 Chairperson of the Boards
    I still think everyone's particular build will be different based on their own preference for red and how their brain works.

When I went straight from 3 to 5 red I found that lots of times I was "wasting" the 5th choice and it was taking me longer to decide where to use it. 

When I went down to 4 I found I was just as effective at infinite-ing but could do it faster.  I don't think I could go back down to 3 now.  Some people are doing just fine at 3 and they like that better, though.
  • HoundofShadow
    For 5/5/3 build, 10 Combo points with charged red critical match-3 goes for ~430k damage with Rogue Siphon.  It's way over kill but it also means that you need ~5 Combo Points to one-shot 200k health enemies.
  • Sekilicious
    If you see opponent with red as strongest colour, you can try using Rogue and 3* Cyclops. Since SC is so popular, it's not difficult to find one. She will double your red ap gains and triple SC's match damage. 3* Cyclops will feed you more red. Go in with +2 green aps. The only thing you need to worry is hitting 14 red aps because Rogue will explode.

They really need to release more 5* meta characters with red as their strongest color, lol. This is really good in the mirror match though. Hitting 14 red is easier than it seems it should be. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Here is a video of how this team work:

You will never run out of red aps, and it's difficult for it to happen.

Secondly, Rogue can be a life saver. 

https://streamable.com/ofx9he
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    In a few days, I will have a 2/2/2 Shang-Chi. At what point does he replace BRB/Polaris as my primary team in SCL10 PvE?
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2022
    In a few days, I will have a 2/2/2 Shang-Chi. At what point does he replace BRB/Polaris as my primary team in SCL10 PvE?
    3 / 3 / x  minimum.

More points in red gives more healing and 1 more tile being destroyed.

More points in pink makes more charged tiles per combo point. Charged tiles deal triple dmg and earn 3 ap each, so they combine well with his third ability.  

You can use characters like halfthor, Chavez, Doc Ock (4star) and Valkryie to support his AP generation. And carter / chimmichanga are the best supports for him, giving you a chance of more red and or pink ap on matches.

@Godzillafan67
  • HoundofShadow
    I think 3/5/X is the best time. A champed SC can help you get T10 in pve without bracket sniping.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Srheer0 said:
    3 / 3 / x  minimum.

More points in red gives more healing and 1 more tile being destroyed.

More points in pink makes more charged tiles per combo point. Charged tiles deal triple dmg and earn 3 ap each, so they combine well with his third ability.  

You can use characters like halfthor, Chavez, Doc Ock (4star) and Valkryie to support his AP generation. And carter / chimmichanga are the best supports for him, giving you a chance of more red and or pink ap on matches.

@Godzillafan67

Thanks @Srheer0 ! Chavez, Doc Ock, and Valk are at the ready. halfthor is more of a quarterthor at 2/1/2. :) No chimis, but I do have a 4* Carter.

Mostly I'm looking forward to speeding up my game because MPQ is currently my second job.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2022
    More healing from red is definitely nice, but having to pick more tiles can actually slow you down a bit because each cast takes longer to plan. You can make do with 1 but 3+ is a big help in terms of keeping him healthy.
    Purple is the most important power for damage and staying ap-positive.  You definitely want at least 3 or 4 covers so that you are very likely to charge both tiles if you place a crit between two red or purple tiles. Any less than that and you can only really rely on charged tiles when you have 8+ combo points.
    Blue is sneaky important for damage. The match damage boosts look small on paper, but they are multiplied 3x with each match (more with charged or crit tiles), so it adds up faster than you might expect.
    But my biggest takeaway as I have played with SC is that levels matter at least as much for him as covers up to lvl 400.
    My SC was at 6 covers when left LTs, and after the most recent SC store gave me to I am now up to 11 covers. I have played a decent amount of matches with him at 6 (1/3/1/, 7 (1/3/2), 9 (2/4/3), and now 11 (2/5/4) covers.  He was bordine unusable at 6-7 covers. It worked, more or less, but was very slow and risky against challenging opponents because he was very squishy and you had to build up 8+ combo to do real damage. He was not better than my other options (hulkoye, Polaris + damage booster, Colossus/sw, etc). He had about 25k health and iirc capped around 1500 match damage
    Getting up to 9 covers made him comparable to my other best options. He could survive more reliably, and could do meaningful damage with less combo. He had about 40k and capped out ~3.2k match damage.
    Now that he is at 2/5/4, he is almost always my fastest offensive option. He starts doing real damage with only 3-4 combo, is rarely ever at risk of dying (only the big, passive damage dealing opponent teams like carbage, or gritty challenge nodes, etc), and I can usually starting thinking about winfinite on turn 4-6. He has about 50k health and caps out ~4k match damage.
    If I recall the 5* level curve correctly, they gain about 1/3 of their power increase (ie the gap between their strength at 255 and their strength as baby champs) from 255->360, and then gain the remain 2/3 from 360->450. (and fwiw, they gain another ~+100% in health and power strength from 450->550). The power growth is exponential and I think it's especially important for SC to reach the steeper part of the curve (380+), least for 5* play; a level 340 SC might be more useful for a 4* player) 
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2022
    Vhailorx said:
    More healing from red is definitely nice, but having to pick more tiles can actually slow you down a bit because each cast takes longer to plan. You can make do with 1 but 3+ is a big help in terms of keeping him healthy.
    Picking more tiles might slow you down but the odds of you getting a combo point go way up.  There have been many times where the board doesn't look great to continue my combo points but being able to get rid of five tiles allows it to keep going.

Blue doesn't mean as much if you can't keep the combo points flowing.  IMHO
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2022
    Vhailorx said:
    Picking more tiles might slow you down but the odds of you getting a combo point go way up.  There have been many times where the board doesn't look great to continue my combo points but being able to get rid of five tiles allows it to keep going.

Blue doesn't mean as much if you can't keep the combo points flowing.  IMHO

You get to pick 3 tiles at 1 cover, and the maximum number is 5 tiles at 5 covers. All you need is one purple or red match to keep the combo up. In my (admittedly subjective) experience, the number of times where I just could not get the match I needed with 3 tiles destroyed, but could have done with 1 or 2 more tiles is very small.  More healing is the thing I look forward to more from additional red covers. More tiles destroyed is nice, but it's. It essential IMO.
    (This also matches my experience with bullseye's green, which can destroy as many as 6 tiles). The rube Goldberg cascade setup play can be fun once in a while, but most of the time I have a chance to force a useful cascade it only takes 2-3 tiles, and I end up wasting the other picks on top row tiles to avoid screwing myself over inadvertantly.)