***** Shang-Chi (Origin) *****

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,771 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's about 210k damage at level 569.

If you are going infinite with another build, at best it's 5/4/4 because you can create only a maximum of 8 charged tiles. You can't create 10. It feels like waste to me.  :D you don't want to create too many charged tiles because he can't destroy them.

To me, you either go infinite turn or Talos with him. 
    I think there's going to be an (unofficial) forum contest in the future to see who can do the biggest single hit.

Remember you're not *only* casting his powers at 10 combo score.  You'll need to run it up to 10, and that's where the extra charged tiles may come in handy. 

Charging tiles in other colors can also help fuel AP for whoever his buddies are that do boardshake/criticals/tile creation etc to keep the combo going.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    I still feel 5,5,3 will be the right build for him.  The reason why is his purple at level 3 will only produce 3 charge tiles.  I would much rather have a larger opportunity to get the charge tiles matched with the critical tile.  I see him as using red to create red and purple matches.  From there use purple to make another red or purple match and getting the charge tiles matched.

I feel onslaught would be a very good partner for him when you make match 4’s you have a good opportunity for cascades and his blue could potentially add more combo points.  Another interesting partner could be JJ with a 5 in blue.  You could use Shang Chi to match trap tiles and get more red.

if you want to use his match damage and have 5 in blue you might need to bring a character like nightcrawler to spam the board.

he should be good on Offense but the AI will play him terribly on D
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 341 Mover and Shaker
    Still seems like way too much effort and reliance on luck.  At least when randomness screws me over I don't lose ALL progress.  It'd be like if polaris wiped out all your friendly tiles if you didn't match one on your turn.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Still seems like way too much effort and reliance on luck.  At least when randomness screws me over I don't lose ALL progress.  It'd be like if polaris wiped out all your friendly tiles if you didn't match one on your turn.
    Please don’t give ideas on how they might nerf Polaris, haha. 
  • Sekilicious
    Hopefully when Shang-Chi reaches 10 rings Chavez will be there to feed him critical tiles with maxed Stepford Twins as support.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only X-Men tag can use that support, unfortunately.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder if he would play well with Heimdall and Odin? If you fortify a match 3 you’ll get the match twice, so you ought to be able to pump up his combo points pretty well.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Omegased said:
    Find it funny how people complaining about Shang Chi saying he's not an AAA character...

When his movie is coming out...

There’s only one obvious reason in today’s world Disney picked this character . He was never even a B character in comics . It’s actually insulting he is on Team Iron Man, unless I completely have forgotten seeing him in the CW books. While it will be a movie worth seeing , I have to admit I even watched Elektra once. The only thing I can ever recall seeing him in book stores was Marvel Team Ups.  ( In the $1 rack).
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,771 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder if he would play well with Heimdall and Odin? If you fortify a match 3 you’ll get the match twice, so you ought to be able to pump up his combo points pretty well.
    I don't think you'd want Odin because he fortifies random tiles and it might make cascading difficult. 

Actually fortifying in general seems like adding an extra degree of difficulty to the whole deal.  It'd be good if you can make it work, but you might need to be some sort of match-3 savant.  Anybody who makes special tiles is also going to be a derailer.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,905 Chairperson of the Boards
    In terms of character flavor, while I appreciate what they were trying to do conceptually with his skillset I am disappointed they couldn't find a way to incorporate better defensive mechanics to his abilities. No parrying, blocking, dodging or any form of counter measures in his tool kit. For someone who is considered to be the best martial artist and hand-to-hand fighter in the Marvel universe, this seems like a pretty big oversight. 

Fighting isn't simply about attacking but also being able to defend one self. I think most martial arts today even place greater importance on self-defense and self-control so it feels weird that they went the glass cannon route with Shang-Chi. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    He just needs some AP and some cascades for to start his engine and after that he can take out 2 character in a few turns just all by himself. No multipliers needed, he only needs his fists and the player's skill.
    Actually I love that. Funny and tactical.
    Now him, chaves, and onslaught could be a lighting hopping team. Now it's really the clobbering time.
  • HoundofShadow
    Replacing Chavez with Karnak or Nick Fury is better because she can only create one critical tile per turn. For the other two, if you are going winfinite, you can cast it multiple times a turn. I would give Nick Fury an edge because he can stun opponent for two turns and create 3 critical tiles too.
  • Sekilicious
    Tell that to One Punch Man.
    Definitely not a glass cannon. He would make a great addition as the only 6* they ever add to the game though. 
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2021
    Wait. Wait.

Run him with Riri. Riri turns blue into almost certainly red AP.  And excess green can make annoying enemies airbourne.

I think that could be a winfinite. Suddenly I want to cover this guy :D 
  • HoundofShadow
    Even if you can't get a match, make those 4 charged tiles fall two tiles down and fire Magnetic Repulsor again: you get charged red match-8 = 24 red ap.  :D
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is he really Shang Chi (Origin) and not (Original) like other characters? I guess there's not really a format for the parentheticals, but it stuck out
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 290 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2021
    5* Mandarin in Classic Costume please after the next 4* and make us Marvel comic fanatics happy :smile:

• TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    5* Mandarin in Classic Costume please after the next 4* and make us Marvel comic fanatics happy :smile:

You know MPQ, you just doomed any possible Mandarin appearance ( which is highly unlikely because he apparently is a low level character in the Marvel universe ) to be a 4*. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2021
    He could have asked for this costume...

Which seems to have disappeared!