R226 UI Update: Main Menu (Updated 4/28/21)

Options

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It looks fresh and modern. It doesnt have any impact on the game but to make it seeming less 7 years old.
    Access to recruited covers and collecting daily milestone can be quicker now.
    Thanks for the effort on improving it.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,645 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    talleman said:
    Almost claimed my 500 5* shards by mistake from the quest in progress tab in the middle of the screen. Better be careful.

Yes this, I nearly did this too. Yikes!
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    Options
    After playing with the new layout I mostly like it. I would like to add my voice to requesting an easy way to flip back and forth from the PvE to the PvP. Frankly, the supports tab is a waste of space where it is. I rarely look at supports as there is no good way to acquire them outside the monthly puzzle, so they very rarely change.  Access to the support could be moved to the roster page, with that spot being used for the flip purposes. Just my opinion 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The good:
    looks good.  Much updated look clean and fresh.  I didn’t realize how outdated the main screen was until this update came.
    shortcuts: I like the shortcuts to my vine, to a featured event (when it is what I want to go to).
    updated milestones always like free stuff.

bad taking forever to go from story mode to versus and vise verse.  
    Screen is a little crowded on Mobil.

I hope the UI updates are done for a while and we can get some balance changes going forward
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,170 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Something this new UI has been moving towards with these screen overhauls seems to be "hollow" buttons that have a glow when you click them. It's been the best practice standard on mobile stuff for awhile now that when you click a button, it should expand under your finger to make it very clear what you've clicked on, because unlike a pixel-accurate mouse pointer, you've just covered the screen with your finger. The old UI did this in some places on some buttons and not others, and the new standardization pass seems to be doing away with it - which is at least uniform behavior. I continue to feel that the older yellow buttons with clear words in them telling you what they did were "better" buttons for legibility, but I totally understand that shifting over to icons, assuming they really are universal, saves you the headache of localizing the text.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Finally hit me, it reminds me of the old Windows phone tiles.  Unfortunately we cant move, resize, or delete tiles.  I too think the inbox/naming is a little confusing.  I see inbox and think of how other games send rewards messages to players, not covers I have on the vine that I could already see in the roster screen.  The Quest in Progress needs to have it's "claim" button removed or move the quests tab from the bottom row to this spot.  

Windows Phone The final review  ZDNet
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Apropos of nothing, I loved the Windows Metro design language. it's super clean and well thought out, and they published the style guide to everyone who was making apps for that ecosystem.

https://www.slideshare.net/davidwkchen/metro-ui-interaction-design-guidelines-microsoft-techdays-2011
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I will state a positive here.  Being able to toggle back and forth between DDQ and Milestones so I can keep track of how many purple matches I have to still make is a lot easier!
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Why are there a bunch of different shapes and sizes, does d3 have a thing against symmetry?  It's like a gamecube controller exploded and turned into mpq UI.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 441 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It feels like they took inspiration from other existing Marvel mobile games. They have the same colour motif and design concept. 

Not sure if I'm allowed to mention names but one is a vs game and another is a 5-member turn-based rpg.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think it's fine. I believe you are referring to Marvel StrIke Force and MCOC. I remember when MSF first came out, a handful of players were happy to jump to that game, believing that grass is greener on the other side. I'm not sure how many stayed with MSF, and how many came back MPQ.
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Fine with the changes overall, it does feel a bit more modern and hiding the prologue away is a nice touch.
    A few people here and online have requested a quicker way to cycle between PVP and PVE sections.  Since both only use horizontal scrolling me suggestion would be to make swipe up/down take you to the other page thus giving a single action instead of two.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 441 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think it's fine. I believe you are referring to Marvel StrIke Force and MCOC. I remember when MSF first came out, a handful of players were happy to jump to that game, believing that grass is greener on the other side. I'm not sure how many stayed with MSF, and how many came back MPQ.
    They´re all different genres, I don´t see them as a competitor aside from your time and wallet. I was intrigued by MSF because I heard it was developed by the same team that did Marvel Avengers Alliance, a Facebook only game. Myself I did not find the art style appealing plus I only had time to dedicate to one gacha game.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My thoughts:
    • The overall aesthetic is appealing.
    • Please stop calling it an "inbox" unless it's going to be used for more than covers. Instead, call it a training center or something.
    • A bit weird to navigate at first, but I got used to it faster than expected.
    • The update to missions is a welcomed touch.
    • Allow players to tap on the new character at the top of the screen to open up a pop-up window with info on the character. The same pop-up window used when the character is first introduced would be perfect for this.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don’t know if the developers are still following this thread, but I have a quick QOL request. On the “Quests” portion of the main hub would it be possible to code it so we claim the daily rewards before the milestone rewards? This makes sense for two reasons. 

1) They expire. Just like the “featured event” and “featured deal” usually show the ones quickest to expire, the claim quests should show the rewards quickest to expire too. 
    2) A lot of folks (myself included) save milestone rewards that give shards for a rainy day and don’t want to accidentally click “claim” on the main hub. I actually have two of the newer milestone quests unclaimed just in case I accidentally click that button, it will give me some iso or HP instead of harvesting shards I don’t intend to use yet. 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,925 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In the same vein, I'd like to request a "claim all" button on the main page that allows players to collect all currently earned milestone rewards without having to dig around the milestones page and press "claim" on all of them.
  • Aron23lc
    Aron23lc Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It looks awesome, very colourful and modern! Loving the game so far :)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I wonder if we'll get a thread about the new update - looks like a few new UI changes came along with the updated milestone reward caps. The little white ring is now gone on the "how many tokens you have to caim" circles I noticed; I think that one loses contrast against the yellow claim buttons so it's not something I feel is an improvement just yet.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The numbers of tokens to be claimed under "Recruit" which used to be white font against grey background with gold border around has been changed to white font against red background.

What other changes did you notice?