R226 UI Update: Main Menu (Updated 4/28/21)

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
edited April 2021 in MPQ General Discussion
As promised, here's more info on the new UI screen to come in R226. As stated before, it's a big one, the Main Menu! For reference, here's the old Main Menu:

Old Main Menu 

And now the new one:

Updated Mobile Main Menu

As you can see, quite a change! The new Main Menu contains all the information the old one does, but is updated to the new visual style and offers a few new quick advantages, like being able to jump straight to claimable Quests or Events that are featured/ending soon. Obviously, it also shows new or updated characters front and center to show off who is the latest and greatest in the MPQ universe. That folder button on the main screen is for the Inbox, which many of you know colloquially as "The Vine"

When tapping on Story or Versus, you are brought to an updated version of the Chapter Select Menu:

Updated Mobile Chapter Select

PC users get a similar effect overall, but we've made use of the widescreen format so you get it all in one screen:

Updated PC Main Menu
With the Chapter Select Menu also having been updated as well, keeping the widescreen format. 

Updated PC Chapter Select

For those wondering what that "Campaign" button is at the bottom of the PC screen, it's a link to the Prologue chapters. For veteran users on mobile, it's out of the way below the fold since you rarely pop in there, but PC has enough space to have it always visible.

Looking forward to getting this UI update, and the following ones into the game for you all to use! 

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Game board. Node start screen (top right). Store. Character info page. Character select page. Milestones.

So..... Supports? The main event pages themselves? As in story/pvp events, maybe putting prologue/story/pvp all on the same page as tiles you can scroll through, so Venom Bomb, Welcome to Shield, DDQ, PVP Season, PVP Events, etc, would all be visible at the same time? Or maybe node placements themselves (no more overlapping and hard to select nodes? more information available like points and clear totals without having to directly select the nodes?)

Kinda curious as to what it could be.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Please be better ways to manage hoards of tokens.
    So I can do things like input the number of tokens I want opened (say 100 or 500 Heroics) or auto-draw from a vault until I get a specific item (say the LT).
    KGB
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The OP says "it's one of the big ones".  I'm trying to figure out what could possible be in the same league as the gameboard itself.  If you think about where we spend time, and what they have pictures of above, the only options seem to be Supports, PVP/PVE/Prologue Select, Team Up Sending and Alliance Chat.  I wonder if we are getting a new Alliance Chat system?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hopefully the next update will fix how supports are leveled, maybe add support tokens and support shards into the rewards, so that I can actually level up the supports that I care about instead of getting more dupes. Because at this point I feel like I have more red iso than Scrooge McDuck has gold.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think it's the main menu page. I heard this feedback a lot where players want to hide the prologue tab. This is also the page we interact with most often.

Currently, tabs are arranged horizontally: Prologue/Story/Versus. Maybe they will change it to be arranged vertically like how placement rewards are arranged. This probably means smaller frame for each event.
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    They’ve already said the Main Menu was the next big change. No need to speculate.

• NMANOZ1
    NMANOZ1 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It is time for you to do some changes for alliances. Like a tool for us commander's to be able to search for new members based on their shield rank! They have put effort in everything else, it is time to do the same for alliances!
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    The philosophy seems to be more scrolling and fewer tapping/clicking. I wonder how it will turn out.
  • wolfknight34
    wolfknight34 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    NMANOZ1 said:
    It is time for you to do some changes for alliances. Like a tool for us commander's to be able to search for new members based on their shield rank! They have put effort in everything else, it is time to do the same for alliances!
    I would love to give alliance commanders a reward system, like leaders in boss events get high amount of Iso, coins or even covers
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They’ve already said the Main Menu was the next big change. No need to speculate.

My pasta is all dry because you forgot to provide the sauce, my dude.
  • UNSHMD
    UNSHMD Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I think it's the main menu page. I heard this feedback a lot where players want to hide the prologue tab. This is also the page we interact with most often.

Currently, tabs are arranged horizontally: Prologue/Story/Versus. Maybe they will change it to be arranged vertically like how placement rewards are arranged. This probably means smaller frame for each event.
    Would not be surprised they keep making everything smaller  
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    There are so many clickable buttons on the main page:

Setting, Shield Rank, Daily Login, VIP, ISO-8, HP, CP, shards store, offer, prologue, story, versus, recruit heroes, supports, roster, alliance, quests.

I'm really curious how things will look like. But things getting smaller should not be a surprise. I hope they can utilise the top and bottom empty spaces seen on mobile phones.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It's going to be the main story selection screen. It'll be interesting to see what they do with it.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Options
    And yet they still can't figure out how to inform steam players the total value of special tiles for each team (protect, attack strike).  

Why is this feature in the Android version (tap a tile to see the team values) and not in steam version?
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Loosie said:
    It's going to be the main story selection screen. It'll be interesting to see what they do with it.
    They seem to like converting horizontal scroll to vertical scroll.
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Maybe as you scroll left to right it gets darker and darker...
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    Options
    The new main screen will dim on an endlessly repeating cycle as a way to get your eyes used to the new game board dimming >:)
    KGB
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So we are now teasing delayed updates ?

Interesting 
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    UNSHMD said:

Would not be surprised they keep making everything smaller  
    I thought the buy buttons were made bigger.