Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just wiped on the "Third Time's the Charm" node on DDQ, got another 2* team and almost wiped again. Like what the hell. Stupid Captain Marvel kept hitting match 5s left and right thinking she was 5* Prof X and fueled tons of powers for Sentry and Kamala Khan.  :|
  • Tanglefoot
    Tanglefoot Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2021
    Lol. FIRST node in DDQ, with a maxed 1* Spiderman, when on the enemy’s second move, without firing a single power, they set off a cascade that KILLS my Spiderman. 1 cascade. WT*??!!!
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Todays (1742) resupply: Heroic 10 pack: 9 2* and one Vision cover. Meh.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Under covered Drax, champed Squirrel Girl, and Hawkeye kind of suck as a team. Luckily, I was able to luck into a win in DDQ but I am not looking forward to when this comes back in 110 days
  • Tanglefoot
    Trying to finish a PvP event strong. Check all 3 of the available enemies. My strongest heroes are all 3* at level 183 and lower. 

All available enemies have multiple 4 or 5* heroes in the 300s. So, I pick one to skip. Player Dundra has 5* Cyclops and colossus with at least 3 covers of each cause all colors are showing, their 3rd character is a level 300 America Chavez. 
    So I hit skip and get LuvMuffin, who has 5* Yellowjacket and Apocalypse, both with full colors, and a level 300+ Polaris. Sigh.

so I hit skip, and I get Dundra.

so I hit skip and get LuvMuffin.

so I hit skip and I get Dundra. And my free skips are gone. And I am back exactly where I started. Sigh...
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2021
    Spied on a very frequent poster here, who ( obviously not cheating )entered a PvP slice less than a minute after it flipped and opened in the very final few hours , and in less than an hour hit 1450 with a 537 Okoye , immediately shielded and took first place . Similarly I shielded in 12th with one hour left and wound up in 47th. There are an enormous amount of players using this “strategy”, again it’s not considered cheating . But obviously no casual player will ever place in the top 50 when it’s a whailbreak at the finish line.
    PvP needs a complete overhaul. Entry into a slice by pre-registration only would completely level fairness in competition.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Trying to finish a PvP event strong. Check all 3 of the available enemies. My strongest heroes are all 3* at level 183 and lower. 

All available enemies have multiple 4 or 5* heroes in the 300s. So, I pick one to skip. Player Dundra has 5* Cyclops and colossus with at least 3 covers of each cause all colors are showing, their 3rd character is a level 300 America Chavez. 
    So I hit skip and get LuvMuffin, who has 5* Yellowjacket and Apocalypse, both with full colors, and a level 300+ Polaris. Sigh.

so I hit skip and I get Dundra. And my free skips are gone. And I am back exactly where I started. Sigh...
    I know that feeling. It happens to most of us.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Akoni said:

I know that feeling. It happens to most of us.

To be fair though it is nicer to get stuck with a LuvMuffin rather than a "I'm going to rip your face off 2314"
  • feedtaletwo
    feedtaletwo Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Devs don't want players that stick around. Only new blood err money. Vets don't spend cash. That's why vets face vets. It's not equal play ****. It's greedy **** devs.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Devs don't want players that stick around. Only new blood err money. Vets don't spend cash. That's why vets face vets. It's not equal play ****. It's greedy **** devs.

I have read this 5 times and it still makes no sense to me.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,106 Chairperson of the Boards
    Playing a BRB/Kitty/Polaris mirror match in the Simulator is bad enough...  I just about had their team stun-locked, and the entire board filled with specials.  I was one blue AP short of getting their BRB stunned again when he came out of it and used their team up - Wiccan's Chain Lightning.

One at a time, every row on the board gets reset.  The resulting cascades are a thing of beauty...for the other team.
  • Tanglefoot
    Starting with 900,000+ iso a couple weeks ago, hitting a ton of good draws, pulling a heroic 10-pack from the stone season, leveling a bunch of 3*, and suddenly finding myself with 2145 iso - not enough to level a single character. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,106 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    Facing prof X/Onslaught/Dr Doom in the Simulator.  Thanks to so many match-4 and match-5 on turn 3 that I lost count, their AP was:

15/20/14/13/23/18/1

It also took out a LVL 452 Beta Ray Bill with about 66K health at the start of the turn, and smacked Kitty Pryde for an additional 20K afterwards because hey...why not?.  Total damage done to their team?  About 4K to Prof X.
  • shardwick
    Playing a BRB/Kitty/Polaris mirror match in the Simulator is bad enough...  I just about had their team stun-locked, and the entire board filled with specials.  I was one blue AP short of getting their BRB stunned again when he came out of it and used their team up - Wiccan's Chain Lightning.

One at a time, every row on the board gets reset.  The resulting cascades are a thing of beauty...for the other team.
    That happened to me a few months ago except it was the exact opposite situation. The board was completely full of special tiles. Their BRB was stunned and then they hit me with a Chain Lightning. At first I was ticked since they were removing all of my tiles and then I remembered that their tiles were being removed too and their BRB wasn't getting any AP for it. It put me at like 25 blue and 30 green AP and then I stunned them all and went to work on them. 
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Yes, I know that this is probably just my perception, but why is it that every time I use America Chavez with boosts, I get lucky with tons of match 4s, match 5s, and lots of cascades, thereby wasting my boosts? When I decide to use America Chavez with no boosts, the enemy AI gets tons of match 4s, match 5s, and cascades galore. I find that more annoying than skipping in PvP and getting the exact same team.
  • shardwick
    20 points away from 1,000 points in pvp. Just one more quick match. Dropped 100 points. Ok fine now I have to get back to 900 with another match. I win that and now I'm at 850. Screw it, I check the leaderboard to make sure that I'm at 850 and I am so I throw up a shield and a minute later I get hit again but now the game says that I'm at 818. 

"Just check the leaderboard before you shield. Just check the leaderboard before you shield. Just check the leaderboard before you shield. Just check the leaderboard before you shield."

I hate this game.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,518 Chairperson of the Boards
    PvP vs PX-Onslaught
    AI makes 2 moves. Does close to 200k DMG en route to downing my entire full health team.
    I really wish the game would just tell you when it plans to do this to you instead of making me watch. Just take 3 health packs and let me get on with my fun gaming experience.
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    PX-Onslaught is such a slot machine.  Sometimes I will just check in middle of day, 
    plenty of health packs to burn and Russian roulette a few matches and see what happens.

great character design and synergy.
  • shardwick
    Borstock said:
    PvP vs PX-Onslaught
    AI makes 2 moves. Does close to 200k DMG en route to downing my entire full health team.
    I really wish the game would just tell you when it plans to do this to you instead of making me watch. Just take 3 health packs and let me get on with my fun gaming experience.
    I avoid those like the plague. Just way too much randomness that almost never goes my way. And yeah I wish the game let you stop the match, or end the animations when a match has been decided, so you don't have to watch all of the matches and cascades. I feel the same way when I'm playing pve and I make a match on some easy node and then it sets off a huge never-ending cascade. I'm like "This is cool and all but do I really need to see me gain 30 AP in every color when the other team is already dead?"
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    You  can force stop by minimizing the app or pressing home button. It depends on your setting. After you done this, switch back to MPQ and now you can retreat.