Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    5* Deadpool as my opponents last man standing singlehandedly destroyed my team with his blasted Penance Fare. I don't have many regrets in this game but not getting a solid amount of covers on him is my biggest.
    I have him soft capped. Farming with so little iso, I decided not to champ any of my 5*. With that said, it is surprisingly hard for me to get his Penance Fare going, but the AI seems to have no problem whatsoever. I guess it depends on the team.
  • hothie
    hothie Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    (I have a feeling there are going to be many instances in this post that make you question my sanity. Please don't judge. :))

I max champed my 2* Daken and sold him about 5 days ago. I've got the HP to get another whenever I get another cover for him, so I wasn't worried about it.

Five days later I still haven't pulled one, and then he comes up as the 2 of the DDQ 2-3-4, so now I'm urgently trying to get another Daken cover. I played the Lightning rounds all day yesterday to try and get Heroics to pull him. Finally at 4 this morning I played the lightning round and got a Daken cover. New DDQ starts at 5, so I have time.

I played the 2-3-4, lost. grrr, burn 3 health packs. Played again, lost. grrrr, burn 3 health packs. Played again, lost, grr. Now I only have 1 health pack left, but it's 4:26 and I generate one in 15 minutes. I buy 1 health pack with 50 HP, and will wait 15 mins for the next one. I have a better plan for attacking this one, as I have to win it. But what to do in the meantime?

So I get over to the Puzzle Gauntlet to try and beat the web tiles one, which I still haven't at this point. try one strategy and failed again. So I tried another strategy while watching the clock. 4:41, okay, should have the 3rd health pack by now, so should be good, but I have time to try and beat this puzzle. 4:51, still have time. 4:54, okay, time to retreat and go finish the DDQ before the next one starts.

But the key component here is what I forgot about. There is a 10 minute lag time between when one DDQ ends and the next one begins, so yesterday's DDQ actually ended at 4:50, which means that I completely missed it.

(Cue Charlie Brown "AAAAUUGRHRGRHRGHRGRHGRHH!!!!!" scream)

It's my own fault, but man, that was my worst moment of the day.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Took me 4 tries and 20 minutes to beat Winter Soldier with Red Guardian. And I needed a 10K damage Team Up or I’d probably still be trying 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pulled a blue Ronan cover to take him to 0/2/5. Getting anxious.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I needed to pull all 40 in the Spicy Vault to get the 4*. There must be someone here to calculate those odds. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Took me 4 tries and 20 minutes to beat Winter Soldier with Red Guardian. And I needed a 10K damage Team Up or I’d probably still be trying 
    I have used a 5* Prof X team-up on the first three main sub nodes just because it can take forever. The last time that they ran Operation Spider Silk I think one of the first main sub nodes took me like 15 minutes to beat it because Yelena kept killing me right before I would beat her.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brought Knull/Polaris/R4G into Sim against a BRB/Polaris/Th4nos team. First turn enemy Polaris got a massive cascade that killed both my Polaris and R4G.

Polaris has to tie with 5PX for most **** cascades.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anon said:

Polaris has to tie with 5PX for most **** cascades.
    Probably easily. I like to think that’s how I get all my defensive wins. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Dogface said:
    I needed to pull all 40 in the Spicy Vault to get the 4*. There must be someone here to calculate those odds. 

In actual math, 1/40, or 2.5%.
    In MPQ Math, about 80%.
  • Akoni
    Options
    So for a little while I was struggling in the Deadpool PvE. My player level has gone up a bit so I figured that might have something to do with it. Then I went up against Okoye and realized that something was really wrong. I checked and, sure enough, I had accidentally chosen SCL 10 instead of my usual SCL 8. The difference between those two levels is insane.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,287 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got enough shards to get 5* Captain Marvel another cover.  She was 3/4/3, and logic states, don't put her green to 5, but that's also her most useful cover.  Bah, I'll never get a colour specific cover for her, only shards, so I maxed out her green.  

Now she's 11 covers, and only ~20 levels for 4* marvel to finish her.

And then I saw the upcoming SHIELD Resupply:  Green 5* Marvel cover
  • Akoni
    Options
    I got enough shards to get 5* Captain Marvel another cover.  She was 3/4/3, and logic states, don't put her green to 5, but that's also her most useful cover.  Bah, I'll never get a colour specific cover for her, only shards, so I maxed out her green.  

Now she's 11 covers, and only ~20 levels for 4* marvel to finish her.

And then I saw the upcoming SHIELD Resupply:  Green 5* Marvel cover
    Deep down you knew better, but had to do it. I feel your pain. I've done it myself and I'm sure others have done the same.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dogface said:

In MPQ Math, about 80%.
    1/40 would be the chance to pull 4* in your very first try. IIRC from math class very long ago, the chance to get it at the last try is 1/40 * 1/39 * 1/38 etc. So, probably a great deal smaller. Still don't want to do the complete math though  ;)
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Dogface said:
    Dogface said:

In MPQ Math, about 80%.
    1/40 would be the chance to pull 4* in your very first try. IIRC from math class very long ago, the chance to get it at the last try is 1/40 * 1/39 * 1/38 etc. So, probably a great deal smaller. Still don't want to do the complete math though  ;)
    Nope.  What you're calculating with your 1/40*1/39*1/38*... is the odds of getting an *exact* sequence of pulls, where the fourth +2 all AP pack is different from the sixth +2 all AP pack.

The odds of getting the 4-star cover with your first pull are 1/40, as you said.

The odds of getting it in your second pull are the product of:
    Odds that you didn't get it with your first pull = 39/40
    Odds that you do get it with your second pull = 1/39

(1*39) / (39*40) gives you 1/40.

The odds that you get it on your third pull are:
    Odds that you didn't get it with either of your first two pulls = 1-(1/40+1/40) = 38/40
    Odds that you do get it with your third pull = 1/38

Multiplying these two together give you 1/40.

And so on and so on down the line, until you reach the final pull, which is token #40 and (presumably) the 4-star that you didn't pull until your last pull.

This assumes that all of the tokens are equally likely to be pulled.  if the probabilities are actually different, the math gets harder to calculate, but can still be done.
  • Monkeyfoo
    Monkeyfoo Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Just jumping on this thread to say I uninstalled, gave a one star review. and the devs sent me here to get help. So I look at the first tips thread I see and it says xyz and be willing to spend 3-500 dollars. **** man. 
    I have been playing for some time. I forget but it has been a couple years at least, so I can't take advantage of any newbie tips and tricks. Maybe I messed up by getting 5* s on my roster, but I always felt I was just playing the game as intended. Isn't the point to power up and get better roster. I don't save the pulls. But now I am unable to win in PVP, and honestly PVE is not that fun uninteresting. 
    The balance is phenomenally  bad. And the 'random' match ups in PVP are a joke. The same 4-5 characters that  have powers that obliterate me before I can even inflict 20% damage to one of the characters. 
    I don't have the special characters (kraven or others) that the tipsters say to use, and who knows when I could get them since the character pulls are completely random.
    PVE seems to easy, so I went up a level and then it was near impossible to do. And now they have alligator loki with invisible so that current event is unable to be completed.  Much like when Yellowjacket  came out. 

I keep thinking maybe I should delete all my 4/5* and kind of start again,  but I don't think that I would drop down to other levels. I am currently 8+ selection for events

I know i am not the only one that is frustrated by the imbalance and ridiculous matchups. Aside from that there are some other quirks and minor issues, such as iso8 and rewards etc, but I was ok with those, cause while it took awhile I was still able to play. 

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent. Maybe down the road I will reinstall, but for now this game is just too frustrating.  
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Monkeyfoo said:
    Just jumping on this thread to say I uninstalled, gave a one star review. and the devs sent me here to get help. So I look at the first tips thread I see and it says xyz and be willing to spend 3-500 dollars. **** man. 
    I have been playing for some time. I forget but it has been a couple years at least, so I can't take advantage of any newbie tips and tricks. Maybe I messed up by getting 5* s on my roster, but I always felt I was just playing the game as intended. Isn't the point to power up and get better roster. I don't save the pulls. But now I am unable to win in PVP, and honestly PVE is not that fun uninteresting. 
    The balance is phenomenally  bad. And the 'random' match ups in PVP are a joke. The same 4-5 characters that  have powers that obliterate me before I can even inflict 20% damage to one of the characters. 
    I don't have the special characters (kraven or others) that the tipsters say to use, and who knows when I could get them since the character pulls are completely random.
    PVE seems to easy, so I went up a level and then it was near impossible to do. And now they have alligator loki with invisible so that current event is unable to be completed.  Much like when Yellowjacket  came out. 

I keep thinking maybe I should delete all my 4/5* and kind of start again,  but I don't think that I would drop down to other levels. I am currently 8+ selection for events

I know i am not the only one that is frustrated by the imbalance and ridiculous matchups. Aside from that there are some other quirks and minor issues, such as iso8 and rewards etc, but I was ok with those, cause while it took awhile I was still able to play. 

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent. Maybe down the road I will reinstall, but for now this game is just too frustrating.  

Sounds like you messed up your account by pulling 5s too soon.

Frankly it's the devs fault for not explaining it well enough in the tutorials.  

PVE is easy. up to SCL7 you can use Strange and Ironman 40. And Thanos, Ironfist and others to do it quite easily.

Then when you get Polaris, R4g, J4ggs and others, you can move up to scl8 or 9 (or maybe 10).

If you do feel the urge to come back, post in the roster advice section of the forums. Selling 5s might be hard, but it's better for progression if they are making your pvp matches unwinnable or frustrating.  

And join an active alliance that suits your needs. Getting alliance rewards every pve and pvp end adds up and makes your roster progress faster.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How strange that two new players in the last few days make their first forum post with similar complaints.  There's no way this could be a coincidence -- the only conclusion to be drawn is that the game is dying. 

Everyone abandon ship!
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    How strange that two new players in the last few days make their first forum post with similar complaints.  There's no way this could be a coincidence -- the only conclusion to be drawn is that the game is dying. 

Everyone abandon ship!
    Maybe they could do a Logan’s Run stipulation that your account is deleted when you reach day 3000. Sort of a circle of life among players . I’d sign up for that to keep fresh blood coming in
  • Akoni
    Options
    Srheer0 said:
    Monkeyfoo said:

Sounds like you messed up your account by pulling 5s too soon.

Frankly it's the devs fault for not explaining it well enough in the tutorials.  

PVE is easy. up to SCL7 you can use Strange and Ironman 40. And Thanos, Ironfist and others to do it quite easily.

Then when you get Polaris, R4g, J4ggs and others, you can move up to scl8 or 9 (or maybe 10).

If you do feel the urge to come back, post in the roster advice section of the forums. Selling 5s might be hard, but it's better for progression if they are making your pvp matches unwinnable or frustrating.  

And join an active alliance that suits your needs. Getting alliance rewards every pve and pvp end adds up and makes your roster progress faster.
    I like the advice you gave with one exception. I accidentally chose SCL10 for the Deadpool PvE and really struggled. I have Polaris, R4G, Juggs and many others, but they were of little help after beating many nodes 1-2 times. To be fair, mine are champed, but are sub-300. Unless a player is close to max champing the big 4s and started champing their 5s, I wouldn't suggest they go into PvE SCL10. I do well at SCL8 for now. Once a decent amount of my 4* roster is at or above level 300, I'll move up to SCL9.

In Monkeyfoo's case, I think he was too aggressive for his play-style as you indicated. He went for the 5* characters too soon. The general advice that is given is to focus on 2*, then 3*, then 4*, then 5*. Unfortunately, he might have been listening to the advice of 5* players whose advice is often targeted at 4* and other 5* players. I can see how newer players may mistakenly assume that they should be pulling from LL by following forum advice. That sucks for him and many other players who jump into well established games with no clear sense of direction.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Everyone abandon ship!
    He literally said: "I have been playing for some time. I forget but it has been a couple years at least, so I can't take advantage of any newbie tips and tricks."

That's hardly a new player. More likely someone who has been playing more casually without advancing their roster 'properly', so now they don't have essentials and meta/counter characters.