**** Rogue (Classic) ****

15678911»

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Update: what it seems was actually going on is that both teams were acquiring accelerated green...I was using C4rol, and so was quietly gaining even more green on the opposing team's turn, so my rogue was just doing the big damage effect as soon as it was my turn again maybe...
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just want to update this thread with a couple of things 

1) if you’re having problems with 5* Prof X or Onslaught (or god forbid, both on the same team) create a team based on Rogue. She is a one character, anti-Prof-x/anti Onslaught. Why? Because when in front, she mitigates ALL the damage done after the the first match-4. And if they match red/green/yellow, she jumps in front and mitigates ALL the damage afterwards. And when I say ALL, I mean ALL.
    - All the passive damage that activates from ProfX matching 4. 
    - All the passive damage from Onslaught blowing up team-up tiles
    - All the match damage from the cascades that happen afterwards
    - All the possible match-4 and match 5s that happen afterwards
    - All the crit damage that happens if it’s a match-5

This is HUGE imo. I just had a couple matches where I was running Rogue/Killmonger/5*Deadpool vs Onslaught/ProfX/Apocalypse and of course, the AI got the massive cascade with multiple match 5s, multiple crits, and multiple turns on the same turn. With any other team you can think of, the entire team is probably wiped out. With Rogue in front, not only did the entire team survive, but with my team construction, killed the opposing team on the next turn. 

2) her green should be at 5 if running her with 5* characters. Run her at 5/3/5. If you fire a Gloves Off and team her with a character that has a Match Damage increase like Killmonger or Deadpool, the tack on damage is big. Depending on the level of your 5*, it can be 8k+ for a match 3. 

3) theres still this weird glitch where, if teamed up with Sinister, vs Prof-X/Onslaught and Sinister’s black power has enough black AP, after Rogue jumps in front of a match-4/match5, the resulting passive damage is REALLY low. Like...... -1 more often than not. I still think this is a glitch but idk. Maybe it’s actually counting correctly. Just seems weird how much damage both those moves mitigate when combined.

4) this is just a personal thing, but I really feel like D3 missed the boat by not having Gloves Off do at least a 1 turn stun. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the old days, there used to be some pretty strong Rogue-based defense teams that were tough to overcome with the characters available at the time. There are so many strong green and red nukes that it was very common for her to be in front, so unless you had a good stunner it was really tricky to brute force your way past her.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards

Ascended Rogue is everything I ever wanted should she become a 5*. Defensively, she protects your characters so well from cascade damage and match damage. She’s a great answer to 5* ProfX, onslaught, and now Shang Chi with her health increase.

And the damage on her red and green are just icing on the cake.

This is a must-ascend character.