**** Rogue (Classic) ****

Options

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    I was looking forward to her just because of her green.  I needed to see the yellow in action and it is much better than I expected.  Time to start saving planing how to counter her we will be seeing her alot.
    I guess the best counter for her is to stun (Gamora or Iceman) or sent her airborne (Riri, Nova). In some matches prioritizing her would be good, but in others could be detrimental, since that is the role of tank, to keep the focus out of the other guys. Will be interesting to see new strategies around her. 
    Attack tiles also go straight through, which is nice with a bunch of Strike tiles out.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    I was looking forward to her just because of her green.  I needed to see the yellow in action and it is much better than I expected.  Time to start saving planing how to counter her we will be seeing her alot.
    I guess the best counter for her is to stun (Gamora or Iceman) or sent her airborne (Riri, Nova). In some matches prioritizing her would be good, but in others could be detrimental, since that is the role of tank, to keep the focus out of the other guys. Will be interesting to see new strategies around her. 
    Attack tiles also go straight through, which is nice with a bunch of Strike tiles out.
    She doesn't reduce attack tiles ?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    Nope. She just melts.
  • D4Ni13
    edited October 2017
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    Nope. She just melts.
    Really ? How come ?
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Her description specifically states that she reduces match damage, and damage from powers (when in front of course).  But it states nothing about attack tiles after the match, or passive damage in general.
    She doesn't reduce passive damage powers (Strange, Bl4de, etc.).  I actually need to test this quick..
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    Nope. She just melts.
    Really ? How come ?
    Well. If you've got strong Attack and possibly strong Strike tiles, anyways.
    /glance at 4* Gamora and R&G
  • D4Ni13
    Options
    Her description specifically states that she reduces match damage, and damage from powers (when in front of course).  But it states nothing about attack tiles after the match, or passive damage in general.
    She doesn't reduce passive damage powers (Strange, Bl4de, etc.).  I actually need to test this quick..
    Somebody stated that she does reduce Strange's passive damage. And we know that she reduces strike tiles damage. So I thought she sould reduce attack damage as well. But guess not. 

I think she have to reduce Bloodlust too... 
  • Jaedenkaal
    edited October 2017
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    Somebody stated that she does reduce Strange's passive damage. And we know that she reduces strike tiles damage. So I thought she sould reduce attack damage as well. But guess not. 

Yes, she probably does. Both Bloodlust and Flames of the Faltine are power damage. Attack tiles, although they are created by powers, aren't owned by anyone (sorry, Vision and Ghost Rider); they're their own thing.
  • D4Ni13
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:

Yes, she probably does. Both Bloodlust and Flames of the Faltine are power damage. Attack tiles, although they are created by powers, aren't owned by anyone (sorry, Vision and Ghost Rider); they're their own thing.
    I guess the difference is that when you have strike tiles the damage is dealt when matching, so it will be reduced. But the same strike tiles could deal damage with attack tiles, and those are going through because like u said, they aren't owned by anybody. 

Hmm interesting. Funny that I didn't see this when I fought the enemy Rogue in Simulator. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    Nope. She just melts.
    Good to know...
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    D4Ni13 said:

I guess the difference is that when you have strike tiles the damage is dealt when matching, so it will be reduced. But the same strike tiles could deal damage with attack tiles, and those are going through because like u said, they aren't owned by anybody. 

Hmm interesting. Funny that I didn't see this when I fought the enemy Rogue in Simulator. 
    I think the enemy Rogue in Simulator had 3 covers in yellow, thus not reducing power damage.
  • D4Ni13
    edited October 2017
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    D4Ni13 said:

I think the enemy Rogue in Simulator had 3 covers in yellow, thus not reducing power damage.
    She had 4 and reduced 20% of power and tile damage. At least that was the case in the matches I looked to see and made some quick tests. Maybe she was different across missions and subs ? Also clearance level ? Dunno.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    She had 4 and reduced 20% of power and tile damage. At least that was the case in the matches I looked to see and made some quick tests. Maybe she was different across missions and subs ? Also clearance level ? Dunno.
    PvE enemy covers increase as their levels increase, up to the standard limit of 13.  I don't know how they decide which power(s) don't go all the way to five covers.  Because of this, the number of covers on a specifc enemy will vary with both clearance level and the number of times you've fought that node.

-Dayv
  • Rick_OShay
    Options
    mexus said:
    How do you use your Rogue?
    I just champed her and my dream-team (Rogue, Quake, Power Man) was truly boring.

Hmm, why was this the dream team?  I imagine you are wanting to generate red AP quickly for Cage due to Rogue's siphon, but what role is Quake playing? Sure, blue and green abilities, but you're using green initially for Rogue. Sure, the AoE damage reduction is fantastic, but is there a specific you are going up against resulting in this team choice?
    @mexus
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    mexus said:
    How do you use your Rogue?
    I just champed her and my dream-team (Rogue, Quake, Power Man) was truly boring.

Hmm, why was this the dream team?  I imagine you are wanting to generate red AP quickly for Cage due to Rogue's siphon, but what role is Quake playing? Sure, blue and green abilities, but you're using green initially for Rogue. Sure, the AoE damage reduction is fantastic, but is there a specific you are going up against resulting in this team choice?
    @mexus
    Riri would be pretty good there instead of Quake, I think. Leave Cage at 5/5/3
  • D4Ni13
    Options
    I am planning on pairing her with Carol & Medusa. Or Wasp & Medusa. I use her with Grocket & Gamora right now (at 5-5-2) and it also seems to work well. Invisible Woman could be a nice pair also for defence purposes (she makes the team invis, she makes protect tiles & strike tiles, and could use green before Rogue would self-harm). Another guy who I suspect would work well is Rulk though, you might want to avoid siphoning green. 

I personally think that she would work well in a wide variety of teams, but would have to champ her to test her properly. Also X-Force Deadpool could be anoying on defence with her. She takes reduce damage and when it does get more damage (due to a powerful otherwise nuke, or attack tiles) he would punish the opponent. 
  • Rick_OShay
    edited October 2017
    Options
    OK now I understand where your other post was coming from, I assumed you already knew you could plan which enemy to choose to siphon. 
    I think It's still OK to play with abilities that are 12AP cost, as long as you're careful to get it fired before she explodes. You're right though, it's not always easy to manage the power siphon, and 10AP costs are better to manage.
    Separately, once you get her red at decent levels, this is a great way to chain abilities. Siphon an enemy that has red as their strongest color like Blade (or IM40). Two matches for you means you'll have 12 red AP, and if they match red it does nothing. Her red Sugah YGD power earns 9AP from the 3x3 block you play it on. Try to target an area that earns you the AP you need to fire other powers. 

Rogue, Carol, and Quake make a fun team (but lack purple), especially against a Carol team. Siphon enemy Carol, then match black at will, enemy Carol will AoE your team for -1. Just be sure to one-shot her before she can place or resolve her CD.

There's lots more teams that make great use of her specific AP acceleration. I just got her 13th cover, so I'll be champing Rogue soon.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I've been having a lot of fun learning how to play Rogue since champing her. As a defensive character she is phenomenal if you can keep her in front and let her yellow passive do it's thing. But more important is her green. This is a tricky skill to use but it absolutely has the ability to completely derail your opponent.

I was facing a team with 4Blade and 3Cyclops (I forget the third) and the team's player was no doubt using Cyclops as a red battery for Blade to chew though everybody. Enter Rogue. After two green matches I siphoned Cyclops (siphon color was red) and stuck him to the back of the enemy team. I then avoided all red and yellow matches, knowing the AI would chase both colors. Red gave them no damage or AP, and Cyclops would cast his yellow but that just made more useless red matches. As long as I took all the black matches Cyclops was completely impotent and Blade was toothless without his red AP.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    mexus said:
    Now I'm at it again. :(
    Seems her recovery time is longer than most other characters. Played a few matches in bed yesterday, fell asleep and she still recovered when I woke up 7H later. Is that normal? 
    ATM both Rogue and Gwenpool are hurt (both also boosted)

Gwenpool is at 3000 heath and will reach full health (25039) in 4h14m.

Rogue is at 10000 now, will reach full (28023) in 4h15m.
    First, force close and reopen the app. Sometimes mine "forgets" that time has passed for healing characters until I do that

Secondly, shameless self plug:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/55473/character-out-of-battle-healing-rates-updated-10-11-2017

Rogue heals at the same rate as most 4*s. Also, boosted characters heal at the rate of their unboosted versions, apparently. (So a boosted character at half health will take as long as their unboosted level would take to heal half of their health, which is faster than 'normal' because the unboosted version has less health to heal back)

Regarding Power Siphon, doesn't it only go off at the start of your turn? So if you can gather AP using a power or a match-5, you can still use it before she blows up.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    mexus said:
    mexus said:
    Now I'm at it again. :(
    Seems her recovery time is longer than most other characters. Played a few matches in bed yesterday, fell asleep and she still recovered when I woke up 7H later. Is that normal? 
    ATM both Rogue and Gwenpool are hurt (both also boosted)

Gwenpool is at 3000 heath and will reach full health (25039) in 4h14m.

Rogue is at 10000 now, will reach full (28023) in 4h15m.
    First, force close and reopen the app. Sometimes mine "forgets" that time has passed for healing characters until I do that

Secondly, shameless self plug:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/55473/character-out-of-battle-healing-rates-updated-10-11-2017

Rogue heals at the same rate as most 4*s. Also, boosted characters heal at the rate of their unboosted versions, apparently. (So a boosted character at half health will take as long as their unboosted level would take to heal half of their health, which is faster than 'normal' because the unboosted version has less health to heal back)

Regarding Power Siphon, doesn't it only go off at the start of your turn? So if you can gather AP using a power or a match-5, you can still use it before she blows up.
    That is correct about her siphon. It goes off only if you start a new turn with the required AP for it to go off.
    I keep using her with Coulson because if you siphon purple and use Coulson's purple swap-thingy you can refill his purple by swapping purple so that you can swap more purple. Yesterday this set off a *SICK* cascade leaving me with 30 purple AP but since this was in mid-turn it didn't set her siphon off. So that's good about that.
    You could also use her Red, presumably, to top off the siphoned color and then use whatever power without ending your turn at 14+. Doesn't help with Cage's Red, of course, but could help other colors.