**** Rogue (Classic) ****

Options

Comments

• D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The good defensive abilities are the ones that circumvent shield tiles and do their own thing, like percentage damage reduction with Spiderwoman.  Cutting the damage of a 5* ability in half or 75% is strong. 
    I think it is only 50%. The text says for every teammate, similar to Old Man Logan's heal. Or am I wrong ?
  • fork1977
    fork1977 Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options
    It's 50%.  25% for each teammate
  • D4Ni13
    edited October 2017
    Options
    fahq1977 said:
    And unlike any other AP accelerator, her ability lasts for that color until she either hits 14AP and explodes for 13K or is downed.  And with ~32k HP when boosted that is hard to do.
    Haven't thought about this yet, but boosted she would do 26k damage for her nuke (on top of the color blocking). I hardly wait to have her. 

fahq1977 said:

She's stellar.  The biggest downside so far is that she needs health packs.  She takes a lot of hits.  
    Well, she has to have a weak point somewhere. And the need of health packs is somewhat thematic, as Rogue is a very turmoiled hero, often thinking to 'get cured' of her powers. I guess I like this kind of characters with struggles from within.
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As for Rouge, I ran into a situation where both you and your opponent use Gloves off on the same color. Nobody can gain AP in that color, and there is no way for Rogue to fire off her Power Siphon. Unless you have an alternative way to gain AP in that color, consider that color out of the game until either Rogue's downed lol.
  • D4Ni13
    Options
    mexus said:
    When do you think Rogue enter the tokens?
    Thursday?
    Or start at next proper season?
    Would be poop having to sit tight on my CP and tokens during the anniversary!
    I'm with you... but I am sceptical
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus said:
    When do you think Rogue enter the tokens?
    Thursday?
    Or start at next proper season?
    Would be poop having to sit tight on my CP and tokens during the anniversary!
    My guess is next proper season. I assume they want to encourage spending on Rogue, who has been highly anticipated - hence the vault.  Also, if she stays locked until 10/19, that heightens her desirability as a hard to get character and makes bragging rights better for those who whale her.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    himatako said:
    As for Rouge, I ran into a situation where both you and your opponent use Gloves off on the same color. Nobody can gain AP in that color, and there is no way for Rogue to fire off her Power Siphon. Unless you have an alternative way to gain AP in that color, consider that color out of the game until either Rogue's downed lol.
    Strictly speaking, you could use a "gain AP" ability to gain the 14 AP. Oh, does power siphon stop (pause) when Rogue is stunned? If so, that's an option too.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Confirming that Power Siphon pauses as expected when Rogue is stunned. 
    It's been excellent so far running Rogue with C4rol in the Close Contact PvP.  If enemy Carol has their team's strongest color, black, then be sure to get the gloves off on her as soon as possible. Then, when enemy Carol makes a black match, it does no match damage, gains them no AP, and your Carol's passive Energy Manipulation does it's thing. 
    As stated, Mockingbird works great as a teammate - using her purple allows you to build additional black (if it's your strongest color), for example, without making your own black matches. 
    Very fun mechanic to study and implement powers based on each of the enemy team's strongest colors. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is anyone slightly creeped out by her outstretched hand?
    Its like...really detailed. Almost fetishistically detailed.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I really can't contain how excited I am that Rogue is in the game. I have her 1/1/0 and use her for every other battle, whether or not she's up to it.

I've been waiting 3 years for Rogue. Better believe I'm using her!
  • D4Ni13
    Options
    Anon said:
    I really can't contain how excited I am that Rogue is in the game. I have her 1/1/0 and use her for every other battle, whether or not she's up to it.

At least you have that darn green cover. I have a 0-1-2 and would get to 0-2-2 with Webbed Wonder. That green really makes her worthwhile.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    Anon said:

At least you have that darn green cover. I have a 0-1-2 and would get to 0-2-2 with Webbed Wonder. That green really makes her worthwhile.
    Yeah she isn't doing eye popping damage yet, but her ap denial and accelerating is really useful. Honestly doing the Shield Training I was praying it wouldn't be her Yellow. It's not a bad power, but having that be your first cover for her would really suck.

Also holy **** dude 3 covers already?
  • D4Ni13
    Options
    Anon said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    Anon said:

Yeah she isn't doing eye popping damage yet, but her ap denial and accelerating is really useful. Honestly doing the Shield Training I was praying it wouldn't be her Yellow. It's not a bad power, but having that be your first cover for her would really suck.

Also holy tinykitty dude 3 covers already?
    I ended #29 in CL9 in Hearts of Darkness (so I won 2 covers there), and the third is from her PvP 900 checkpoint, which was the only thing I focused in that event. Now I hope I get lucky like others and pull that 1 green cover from her vault. With the progression cover from Webbed Wonder, I would go to 5, and soon as she enters the tokens I can use my small hoard (which I began collecting just after she came into the game). 

As you can tell I REALLY WANT HER :D 

(And I didn't have the level requirement to get a cover from Training Shield). 
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,017 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’ve got her at 1/2/3. That double AP is beyond amazing. I run her with 2* Magneto and 4* Cyclops in PVE vs teams with yelena and/or bullseye to double and deny purple. I forget that they don’t even do damage if they happen get a purple match. So that’s purple that does nothing, and less damage with red, yellow, and green matches. A match-4 gives me enough AP to fire mags polarity shift. 

And dont underestimate her yellow passive. You’re minizing 40% of all damage from 3 colors. She keeps your weaker guys of similar colors alive for a long time. I’m looking forward to getting it to 4 covers to hold off powers too.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,017 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah. If they fire a red, yellow, or green power, she steps in front and mitigates the damage. It doesn’t affect attack tiles or passive damage though.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    As long as she's in front, Rogue will block the % listed of all color matches and powers.
    Keep in mind that enemies fire powers before making a move, so if you have a power incoming at you, you'll need to make a match in her color to ensure she's in front. 
    Otherwise, all enemy matches in green, red, or yellow send her up front to take/reduce that match damage.  
  • fork1977
    fork1977 Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options
    Yeah. If they fire a red, yellow, or green power, she steps in front and mitigates the damage. It doesn’t affect attack tiles or passive damage though.
    This is not accurate.  She steps in front if the opponent makes a red yellow or green MATCH.  Unless rogue is ALREADY in front before the enemies turn, she has no effect on a fired power, regardless of the color.  Since the turn is over after a non-match 5, the opponent will almost always fire powers first, which means rogue is ONLY able to reduce power damage if you made a match that put her in front.

She WILL cut any red, yellow or green match damage in half as long as two teammates are up and you have her fully covered in yellow.  That helps, but is not great.  As Himatako showed, it doesn't nerf strike tiles..  

But her true strength in yellow is 4 or 5 covers and matching strategically when the AI is ready to fire a power.
  • D4Ni13
    Options
    mexus said:
    I have a problem with her yellow passive:
    "Reduces enemy power and match damage"

Enemy power, AND match damage?
    Does it reduce enemy power damage? Enemy power as in enemy skill / special attack / whatever? AND match damage?
    Yes. Exactly as Colossus, but hers is a passive and should have a lot more uptime.