**** Rogue (Classic) ****

Options

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Come now, it's obviously Dazzler.
    Nah, she's either a 6*, or a 1*. Ok, or a 2*.

You know, at this point, no matter who this is I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a massive riot, either in celebration or protest.

Like, imagine it's Wolverine ;)
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

You know, at this point, no matter who this is I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a massive riot, either in celebration or protest.

*Prepares torches and pitchfork just in case*
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Cthulhu said:
    any minute now...
    Such a tease >:)
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    Options

They're both Wolvie. One weapon x, one bone claw.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No, it'll be Wolverine and Spider-Man, except based on a situation where their personalities were swapped, so "Spider-Man" is super aggressive and reckless and "Wolverine" is a great, big wimp.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    No, it'll be Wolverine and Spider-Man, except based on a situation where their personalities were swapped, so "Spider-Man" is super aggressive and reckless and "Wolverine" is a great, big wimp.
    So it's based on the Ultimate Spiderman storyline where Wolverine and Spiderman switched bodies? I could get behind that.
  • Anon
    Options
    YES YES YES!!!!

FINALLY!
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    So relieved, it hurts. But it's a good pain.

Oh, nope. That's my back again.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Those are good Rogue powers. I really like the design of Gloves Off/Power Drain, and Leading The Charge is a neat way to implement a tanking ability (if mixed in terms of how helpful it is).
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Options
    wow, shes a really good 4 right up there with medusa/cap marvel/blade

Off top I'm liking 5/3/5 pvp  and 5/5/3 pve all over all you can't go wrong with 5/3/5
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Options
    That green has the potential to be crazy.  Not sure if she is a game-changer but she could be a lot of fun.  Have to see how the damage is applied once Power Siphon is active.  Does it act like Vision's blue so only she does does double or triple damage or does whoever does damage for that color on your team get to do triple their damage for a match.  If the latter is the case she will probably be on every 5 star team from this point forward and I rescind my game changer comment.  :)  They seem to be balancing this very high damage potential with the fact that she is going to take a pounding in a match between her green and yellow but to me it looks like 5/3/5 red looks a little to expensive to be useful even with the board control aspect.  
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Does "max power" mean at level 270?  13k damage for 5 AP is really nuts.  Also the article says her Red ability doesn't generate AP, but the power description here says otherwise. 
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    Options
    Yes, Max Power is 270.  I learned a long time ago to not use Championed character stats!

• Anon
    Options
    Also the article says her Red ability doesn't generate AP, but the power description here says otherwise. 
    Came to ask this same question.
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    Options
    I must have read incorrectly, she gains AP for the destroyed 3x3 tiles.  Sorry for the confusion.
  • hopper1979
    Options
    Well that makes the red a little more interesting and definitely better so 5/x/x depending on who you are bringing but frankly if you have 5 in green I am not sure if you will need the ap from the red :)
  • Jaedenkaal
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Well that makes the red a little more interesting and definitely better so 5/x/x depending on who you are bringing but frankly if you have 5 in green I am not sure if you will need the ap from the red :)
    Still. Makes Mastermind Excello look a little sad. Also: Charged Tiles.
  • hopper1979
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing about Mastermind Excello when I saw the clarification on her red as well.  I am all in on charged tiles being underrated though (I assume you are referring to my comments in Lockjaw) :).  With Gambit coming we may see something unique happening with charged tiles it would make sense for him to do something unique with charged tiles, I can always dream.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yo. She is gonna be tough. Am I reading this right? She can do 13k damage for 5 green AP? And if they survive, you can do TRIPLE match damage, gain double AP, AND the opponent gets nothing if they match their color? Wooooo!!

i wonder about the yellow damage. It's 25% for each character still in the fight. So that means you only take 25% of the damage you can face off the top? Damn! And powers too? So she's almost an anti-Riri!

im in. She's gonna be a handful. 
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I like the Siphon ability, but I'm not sure if it really feels like the best way to have represented Rogue's ability - even reading the full description, it feels more like Bishop, as others already pointed out.

Still, it seems like a fun set of abilities. A single charged tile while Siphon is in play nets you 6 AP. And being able to target red means you can definitely soak up a lot of AP at once.

Good internal synergy, powerful nuke, AP acceleration, and damage reduction.