Options
    Come now, it's obviously Dazzler.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    bluewolf said:
    Rogue.  Gotta be with the loading screen.
    I hope not. "Steals AP" is such a boring way to try and interpret her power stealing. Bishop does sound more correct for stealing AP. I guess blocking+lessening damage from certain matches can also fit for energy absorbtion. Rogue really needs a unique power to temorarily use the ability of a targeted enemy, probably with attached stun.
    My money is on Rogue too, and I'm hoping it is not just a 'Steal AP' ability. I rather see a more complex move and the overall effect is generating and/or stealing AP. 

And I agree that this could be a huge missed opportunity to steal an Ability, but I would still be happy to have her in game. Also her yellow could indicate that she would be a tank, and we need more tanks in the game :)
  • D4Ni13
    Options
    Anon said:
    Mordee said:
    If it is Rogue, then Gambit should be close by! 

Can't be Gambit, he has purple, black, and blue I'm guessing.  Purple for sure. 
    I was guessing Purple/Yellow/Black.

Purple is definitely one of his colors, unless they pull another "Green" Goblin or "Scarlet" Witch fiasco.

Edit: After thinking about it, I agree Blue makes a lot more sense than Yellow.
    Gambit must have red & purple in my opinion. Red because he is a damage dealer and purple because it's the color of his kinetic energy. Though purple powers are more conditional than red ones. So I see him having both in MPQ. So no, I don't think this is Gambit, but an X-Men event would probably mean more than one hero release, so there is still space for him after the current one. 
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I hope the green is more than run of the mill AP theft.  Even if it's as good as OBW's, the damage negation is the most interesting part of her skillset which is to say not that interesting for offense oriented players.

If it's Rogue, it sucks that we are bound to hold some of these characters too inseperable from their abilities, and designing moves around those abilities can be limiting.  People have been clamoring for Rogue for a long time, and I always thought that ability copying would have been too imbalanced of a mechanic to introduce.   
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,306 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I haven't read a Rogue comic in a while, but if she could steal an ability, it would be thematic if it was random.  I recall her taking memories/emotions and feeling overwhelmed sometimes.

I mean, we could all be wrong, but Rogue is a popular X-character, and one of the more recognizable ones that are not yet in-game. Also remember that these previews are not very good at actually revealing final abilities.  It is probably fully intentional.  I can't remember exactly, but Yondu's powers preview were pretty different from his actual powers.

I might guess that this early preview is what the design team wrote on a white board at the beginning of the brainstorming session for what powers a character would have.  AKA broad strokes/beginning point.  Then they refine and settle on what the actual power set is.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It could be a 4* Mystique too lol
  • voyager
    voyager Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    With Gifted coming out, my money is on Polaris as she is one of the main characters on that show. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    I hope not. "Steals AP" is such a boring way to try and interpret her power stealing. Bishop does sound more correct for stealing AP. I guess blocking+lessening damage from certain matches can also fit for energy absorbtion. Rogue really needs a unique power to temorarily use the ability of a targeted enemy, probably with attached stun.
    You mean like Control Shift used to do? They had to kill that power because it caused too many problems. Never mind that it doesn't make sense in a game where not everyone has inherent powers. Steal Rocket's... bombs? Nick Fury's... ... gun and earpiece?

Plus it would do flat-out nothing against goons. I'll be happy with a (hopefully at least slightly more complex than baseline) AP steal.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Red + Green + Yellow + X-Men + D3 = Lazy copy 4* phoenix confirmed!

Joking aside, I hope it Rouge.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Perhaps we are getting a mechanic to proc an enemy power, to use it against them. As-in, 'steal an enemy active ability'.
    This doesn't seem to difficult, similar but opposite to what Mockingbird does now for friendly powers. Code it so that it's fired off much like accessing a team-up from a list of active enemy powers.
    For example, say you are facing an enemy team that happens to have 8 active abilities. Rogue (or whoever it is), is able to fire a random enemy ability at the enemy team. Easy. 

Now, don't forget, we all are assuming that we have Crystal and Karnak coming soon, as per the blue Lockjaw ability.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Now, don't forget, we all are assuming that we have Crystal and Karnak coming soon, as per the blue Lockjaw ability.
    No we aren't.

Lockjaw's release article HERE, quote right at the top of the article:

One of the great things about Lockjaw in “Marvel Puzzle Quest” is his ability to teleport in other Inhumans, so while we aren’t adding Crystal and Karnak to the game as playable characters (at least it’s not planned right now), they are getting put in the game through Lockjaw.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    No we aren't.

Lockjaw's release article HERE, quote right at the top of the article:

One of the great things about Lockjaw in “Marvel Puzzle Quest” is his ability to teleport in other Inhumans, so while we aren’t adding Crystal and Karnak to the game as playable characters (at least it’s not planned right now), they are getting put in the game through Lockjaw.
    They also said a month ago SCL9 wasn't planned... Take anything there with a grain of salt.  Anything not announced through an official means seems to be considered not planned when asked.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Assuming that this is in fact Rogue, I'm kinda let down that she won't be a super-powerful 5*.
  • D4Ni13
    Options
    Jarvind said:
    Assuming that this is in fact Rogue, I'm kinda let down that she won't be a super-powerful 5*.
    Maybe she's a super powerful 4* :smiley:

At least she's more accessible this way.
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    I haven't read a Rogue comic in a while, but if she could steal an ability, it would be thematic if it was random.  I recall her taking memories/emotions and feeling overwhelmed sometimes.

I mean, we could all be wrong, but Rogue is a popular X-character, and one of the more recognizable ones that are not yet in-game. Also remember that these previews are not very good at actually revealing final abilities.  It is probably fully intentional.  I can't remember exactly, but Yondu's powers preview were pretty different from his actual powers.

I might guess that this early preview is what the design team wrote on a white board at the beginning of the brainstorming session for what powers a character would have.  AKA broad strokes/beginning point.  Then they refine and settle on what the actual power set is.
    The broad strokes have more detail definitely, we have to be vague because if I put anymore then that you guys would get it instantly!  Where's the fun in that?  
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cthulhu said:
    bluewolf said:

The broad strokes have more detail definitely, we have to be vague because if I put anymore then that you guys would get it instantly!  Where's the fun in that?  
    Instantly? Someone in the thread must be on the right track. I'd think that quoting a post mentiong Rogue is going to far, so I'd still call that the wrong track. Still, this suggest that the character powers should truly feel like the character, so that's good.
  • xavierixeq
    xavierixeq Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I think it's cute how people still think that power colours are still related to the character costume
    Black suit spiderman - No black power
    Green Goblin - No Green power
    Daredevil (5*) - No Red Power
    Scarlet Witch - No Red Power
    Red Riding HOOD - No Red Power

Utter madness I tell you.. MADNESS!!!

• JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    Options

Longshot confirmed

Or Ricochet Rita

• Anon