What's New MPQ? (Updated 10/14/20)

Comments

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    Like what they did with 5* Bruce Banner.  :D  

Come to think of it, this how 5* Bruce Banner transformed. When there are enough green tiles on the board, create a cd and transform him into Hulk. 
    Banner puts his transformation tile down with you have enough green AP.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good catch! I must have combined Ihulk's passive with Bruce Banner's passive. It would be interesting to see how she transforms. Will her 5* ST be difficult?
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Yeah, I was thinking of Banner too when I made that edit, but he does work in a reverse way.  Same mechanic tho.

i would be really interested to see a passive that destroyed everything above maybe 10 ten tiles.  And dealt extra damage on each one.  In some ways it could counter Onslaught but also feed into your own tile shuffle craziness.
      Not that Onslaught needs a counter, but I think his mechanics are a great example of an opponent that is very fun to play against.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Immortal Hulk requires N green present on the board to fire Green Door, that’s probably what y’all were thinking of.
  • AdeptusRevolt
    AdeptusRevolt Posts: 85 Match Maker
    edited October 2020
    I was wondering how they would handle her art style. 

Also it sounds like he says "when there are a certain number of black tiles she transforms them to yellow"

• HoundofShadow
    Yes, and I was thinking about Bruce Banner initially because his passive ability has something to with transforming tiles to green under certain condition.

It seems that Elsa doesn't transform, but she transforms black tiles (if there are enough) to yellow tiles. Somehow, this reminds me of C&D. The details should be out in the next few hours, if nothing else crops up. So, we shall see what she actually does.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    I believe that is the opposite of C&D, where they add them until there are a certain amount, then start doing stuff. Same as Blad3 and Bl4de (who do conditional things when there are enough red, though they don't add any). Is Elsa the next 4* I guess?

That seems like it might add value to an Okoye or Apocalypse team, but I don't know if it adds more value than say Thor would.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes - Cloak & Dagger add black tiles until a certain threshold ( normally reached quickly) and then add attack tiles or switched add yellow tiles and then heal. You have to use purple to switch between states.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    Can we keep the Halloween covers? I like them all.
    It's definitely more work for the devs, but I've always thought it would be neat if we could choose between the different variant covers, and variant covers "unlocked" for you when they were featured in game. So the longer you play, the more variants you have to pick from. Like simple little cosmetic trophies. Some (Halloween), could become available every year (and as veterans will notice this year, there are some new Halloween covers that weren't part of last year's lineup), but something special done for an XY Anniversary of some character, or the MCU 10 Year covers, could be a one-time thing.

The only way to get them would be to experience them in-game, but you'd get them all simply by playing the game, so the longer you play, the more you'd have, but new players wouldn't be missing out on anything.
  • MackDan1
    MackDan1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Can we get a What's New Update? Thought we had something good going but this seems to be going the way of the Sneak Peek threads.
  • HoundofShadow
    Save this link:

https://d3go.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?l=en&s=news

It seems like they will update important information here before putting them up in the forum.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    They've always done that, it's not new. And it can't replace the Sneak Peek or What's New MPQ (namely the Essential/Placement character info).
  • HoundofShadow
    edited October 2020
    True, and I feel they've switched to a "hybrid"' mode of posting information. If there are special events, they will unlikely to "double post" the same information. In the past (2019), they were doing that.  Maybe they will do a late update next week.  :D
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    So did the devs abandon this thread?   What happened in September is happening again this October.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is this the new sneak peak?  
    My guess is yes. One thread that they’ll update when they feel like it/get to it. My assumption is that they are trying to quell the “late information!” posts by no longer tying it to a specific month. 
    As I said when this thread was started...

To those expecting timely updates because sneak peek got a fresh coat of paint... something about tigers and stripes. 
  • DaSal
    DaSal Posts: 76 Match Maker
    It’s an absolute embarrassment and a total slap in the face to the players
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    I started playing a new game this week. MPQ is fun, but the rat race is hard to keep up with and im a bit burnt out.
    No new features or QoL changes ( saved teams is nice, but id argue more important things are needed) . Devs go back to being ghosts. Same events over and over again.
    I'll check back in here and there to see if anything worth wild is announced. Much like the devs, im going to disappear for a bit.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Omegased said:
    I started playing a new game this week. MPQ is fun, but the rat race is hard to keep up with and im a bit burnt out.
    No new features or QoL changes ( saved teams is nice, but id argue more important things are needed) . Devs go back to being ghosts. Same events over and over again.
    I'll check back in here and there to see if anything worth wild is announced. Much like the devs, im going to disappear for a bit.

I fully support your choice to go to a different game, but to say there hasn't been any new features or QOL changes is just simply false. we've probably seen the vastest QOL changes ever this past year, with a new engine and revamps of almost every screen. 

we've seen multiple new enemies, a revised "welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D", we've had "introducing..." events, and even 5star PVP events. while this anniversary sucked, we saw the Deadpool nightly games which is nothing like we've played before.

we saw changes to the Shard system (bonus shards), S.H.I.E.L.D clearance level 10, and the subsequent change of completion for clearance level 10.

We've seen more "Quality of Life" This year than I think any other year previously.

I don't think we can really say we're not getting support - but the communication/interaction that USED to happen in these forums has pretty much completely gone. I'm not surprised tho - this does seem like it's full of people who hate the game (but this is probably just built up from a LONG time of... lack of communication".

I don't wish to put words in DyingLegend's mouth but I am pretty sure his idea of QOL based upon numerous posts he made on the subject is: Give us more feeders, now-ish.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    As I sit here on day 2564, I can relate to @DyingLegend on some levels.  But I think my relation only goes SO far...

I DEFINITELY agree with the amount of QoL changes in the entirety.  They are awesome and loved by all.  :smiley:

But I think it's easier to get "disenchanted" with a game when you've played it for SOOOOOO long.  Even a big change doesn't mean so much when at the end of the day, we're still matching gems and managing our roster of characters and resources.

This isn't to say that the changes aren't good -- it's just burnout.  I'm not burnt out, simply because I've NEVER played for placement!  Kudos to all of you who do... I just couldn't do that.  There's a level of dedication that I will not achieve... I barely find the time to play to progression!  But this happens with ANY game with ANY person who pours their heart and soul into it for so long.  I know people that've played so many games, and get burnt out within a month because of their non-stop dedication.  Sure, they are higher level than everyone I know for months to come... but now they're not interested anymore, and that's plain ol' burnout.  

Of course, this is just my speculation.  I can't say @DyingLegend is burnt out for sure, but I can't blame him if he is... we've been in this game for SOOOO long, and some of our forum goers are self-proclaimed "top 10 in slice X" for each PvP or PvE.  I'm burnt out just reading that.  :tongue: