** Black Widow (Original) ** [PRE 2014-06]

Comments

• DayvBang wrote:
    Does her heal power scale with level? I've raised mine from 6 to 8 and it's still 100 points. I can't raise her any higher without digging into HP.

Yes, at level 14 it heals for 184.
  • Interesting. So she'll eventually cap at 85 rather than 69 once her 3rd ability gets added.

Still not sure she'll make my main team, but interesting nonetheless.

I agree that the added costs at the higher level really seem to cap her usefulness. Her level 1 purple seems amazingly cost-efficient. Level 5? Not so much.
    Brandonz13 wrote:
    Haha that's funny but Ronin would be a sick character

Blecch. I'm gonna beg to differ here. No more bow-and-arrow guys please.

D3P still has Hulks to implement after all icon_lol.gif
  • How quickly can you steal AP? Sure 5 AP is cheap, but it isn't going to be worth using right away because your opponent probably doesn't have enough AP worth stealing. 11 AP is definitely a bigger price, but not that much stealing 4 of each AP. Plus, you only need 7 more Purple to strike again. To steal the same amount of the basic AP colors at level 1, it would still take 10 AP, and you don't get any purple or black. So at level 1, it isn't that useful as a quick strike, and it isn't as effective in the long run. I think it's better to let the other team build AP for you to steal, and then take a bigger chunk.
  • This has been bugging me for a bit now and I'm hoping someone can explain it to me. For Black Widow Original, why is the cover that is shown a cover of X-Men First Class? I admittedly have not read that series, but I feel pretty confident in saying she's not in it.
  • She's in that issue, hence why she's on the cover.
  • Humphrey wrote:
    She's in that issue, hence why she's on the cover.

I see... That still seems like not the original version of Black Widow to me, but I see checking this with Wikipedia before I posted failed me. Thanks for the info.
  • In Tales of Suspense 52, her first appearance, she didn't even wear a costume. But the first time she did, it looked like the one you see here in MPQ.

You could also take a look at this:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Black-Widow-Costume-History
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    We used that cover because it identifies her in that costume on the cover without a horribly misleading (or vague) identifying cover. Black Widow (Grey Suit) used to have something similar where her cover was a great shot of her doing a flying kick, but it was emblazoned with Captain America, so it looked like one of his covers instead. Hence the changeup to something more instantly identifiable.
  • Any chance we could get a preview of the third ability? I'm sitting on a bunch of covers because I don't know how far I'll want to level the third ability. Thanks!
  • IceIX wrote:
    We used that cover because it identifies her in that costume on the cover without a horribly misleading (or vague) identifying cover. Black Widow (Grey Suit) used to have something similar where her cover was a great shot of her doing a flying kick, but it was emblazoned with Captain America, so it looked like one of his covers instead. Hence the changeup to something more instantly identifiable.

It's good that was done with grey suit but I'll admit every time I see her cover I think I'm looking at my Captain America. Can't imagine how prominent he was in the one that wasn't picked!
  • casuist wrote:
    Any chance we could get a preview of the third ability? I'm sitting on a bunch of covers because I don't know how far I'll want to level the third ability. Thanks!

I asked about it as well in other topic and here is IceIX's reply -> link
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Found it. Here is the old Black Widow (Grey Suit).
  • Shikao wrote:
    casuist wrote:
    Any chance we could get a preview of the third ability? I'm sitting on a bunch of covers because I don't know how far I'll want to level the third ability. Thanks!

I asked about it as well in other topic and here is IceIX's reply -> link

Thanks for the link! Sounds like it might be an ability worth waiting for.
  • I can't think of any passive that is bad in this game. I have a ton of extra blues in cache I don't need, which makes me sad. Going 5/3/5 whatever it turns out to be.

They really need to implement respecs, especially if they plan to add 3rd abilities to any other characters.
  • First off, agreed about the respecs... after all, if you don't read this forum then you don't know that she has a 3rd power coming at all.

That said, I think her blue is worth maxing out, particularly compared to her purple which gets more and more expensive.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    First off, agreed about the respecs... after all, if you don't read this forum then you don't know that she has a 3rd power coming at all.

Which is about 99% of playerabase, maybe bit less now that they started promoting forums in news.
    Zathrus wrote:
    That said, I think her blue is worth maxing out, particularly compared to her purple which gets more and more expensive.

Yeah, I think I will max blue as well. As for her purple, it's gets more expensive, but also more effective.

AP gained/AP spent = AP gained per AP spent (assuming stealing possible max)
    Level 1: 8/5 = 1.6
    Level 2: 12/7 = 1.714
    Level 3: 15/8 = 1.875
    Level 4: 20/10 = 2
    Level 5: 24/11 = 2.182

And don't forget it's still cheaper than Yelena's and even Black Widow's Modern versions of stealing.
  • Max purple, you'll get purple back allowing for a cheaper 2nd cast. It's also about AP denial. c.Mags purple is deadly for example. On defense, you'll slow down Widow's sniper.

I can see an argument for 1/5/5 or 2/5/5 if you don't want black, but then her level is ****.

@lvl 3, she gets 3 AP each for 8 AP.
    @lvl 5, she gets 4 AP each for 7 AP.

Blue is good for PVE, but I plan to use her in PVP.
  • Getting a heal for 9 AP is still good for PVP. I wonder how much that tops out at.

There's going to be a lot of disappointed people when they finally have to use Original Widow without the 200% buff. lol
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Getting a heal for 9 AP is still good for PVP. I wonder how much that tops out at.

There's going to be a lot of disappointed people when they finally have to use Original Widow without the 200% buff. lol
    Heal is the same @lvl 3 as long as there are no countdowns and not many use countdowns in PVP.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Getting a heal for 9 AP is still good for PVP. I wonder how much that tops out at.

Heal doesn't seemed to be buffed in the tournament. At LVL 29, it's 389 health in or out of the current tourney.
This discussion has been closed.